Many Faiths, One Truth

I know you aren't forcing it on anyone, Laurentos; I'm just trying to follow you. Isn't Quantum Physics the study of subatomic particles?

Yes the stuff of nuclear fusion and hydrogen bombs!
The point is, Material science cannot prove the existent of God and belief is an opinion unless proven otherwise.

The science is applied in analogies and metaphors in the Social world to explain the quantification of belief in pure principles. I am not analysing sub atomic photons and electrons, or dna and genetic protein. But as a social science the parallel is quantified by reason and rational thought.

I prefer this than the usual tit for tat in places..

Thanks

I'm still lost. What bearing does Quantum Physics have on Sociology?

Fair enough...
Sociology explains social phenomenon while quantum physics may explain dynamics, together may explain the movement of phenomenal forces that cannot be explained in common terms.

Religion is one thing, and God is another. God does not dominate or defend people, but it’s love that people are free to chose God or not. The Dalai Lama is a leader of his country, and if he should rule over his people then that’s a Theocracy isn’t it. It’s not Democracy nonetheless we are all entitled to our opinions. I have provided the substance of my opinion and I’m not forcing it on anyone.

Thanks

It's true that Tibet was a Buddhist theocracy. The Dalai Lama has been leader in exile for 49 years. He is loved and revered by his people because of his message and because he represents a time when Tibet was independent.

The Dalai Lama is not about force. His message is about loving kindness and compassion.

"The "Office of His Holiness the Dalai Lama" sets out three main commitments in the Dalai Lama's life.

Firstly, "on the level of a human being", he is committed to promoting of values such as compassion, forgiveness, tolerance, contentment and self-discipline.

Secondly, on the level of a religious practitioner, he is committed to helping bring religious harmony and understanding.

"His third commitment is to the Tibetan issue. His Holiness has a responsibility to act as the free spokesperson of the Tibetans in their struggle for justice," his office states.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7302369.stm
Do you agree or disagree with the OP?

Last edited:
Calling other people's beliefs lies is disrespectful to them. The Truth just is.

Perhaps, but does that change the facts that some beliefs are lies?

I'm not in favor of bearing people down, so to speak. And thinking about it telling people their beliefs are lies qualifies. Id rather preach the Truth. I find it more effective that way.

Whose beliefs are lies?

You honestly don't think there are people who believe some nonsense out there?

By definition, some have to be false just because you can't have contradictory concepts being true.

I am not trying to attack any specific group. So I won't take that bait. But I don't think we do a service to everyone by telling them that whatever you want to believe is true, when honestly, we know that's impossible.

If I believe something incorrectly, I'd like to be corrected. Not by people attacking me, but by people who try to lift me up with compassion and charity. Rebuked at times with sharpness, but followed up with pure love to show that they are not my enemy.

I don't want to believe something that isn't true. I want to be able to learn and discard the things I find that are false and embraces those that are true.

Perhaps, but does that change the facts that some beliefs are lies?

I'm not in favor of bearing people down, so to speak. And thinking about it telling people their beliefs are lies qualifies. Id rather preach the Truth. I find it more effective that way.

Whose beliefs are lies?

You honestly don't think there are people who believe some nonsense out there?

By definition, some have to be false just because you can't have contradictory concepts being true.

I am not trying to attack any specific group. So I won't take that bait. But I don't think we do a service to everyone by telling them that whatever you want to believe is true, when honestly, we know that's impossible.
If I believe something incorrectly, I'd like to be corrected. Not by people attacking me, but by people who try to lift me up with compassion and charity. Rebuked at times with sharpness, but followed up with pure love to show that they are not my enemy.

I don't want to believe something that isn't true. I want to be able to learn and discard the things I find that are false and embraces those that are true.

It's called freedom of religion. Live and let live. Peaceful coexistence.

Last edited:
I know you aren't forcing it on anyone, Laurentos; I'm just trying to follow you. Isn't Quantum Physics the study of subatomic particles?

Yes the stuff of nuclear fusion and hydrogen bombs!
The point is, Material science cannot prove the existent of God and belief is an opinion unless proven otherwise.

The science is applied in analogies and metaphors in the Social world to explain the quantification of belief in pure principles. I am not analysing sub atomic photons and electrons, or dna and genetic protein. But as a social science the parallel is quantified by reason and rational thought.

I prefer this than the usual tit for tat in places..

Thanks

I'm afraid I have to take point with your claim that belief is an opinion until proven otherwise. I just don't see how it's possibly correct.

I work as a defense attorney. I see a huge volume of clients go through my office, either in my hands, or in my colleagues. There are sometimes cases where the Commonwealth can't prove the case, and yet the reality is the clients are guilty as sin. There are othertimes the Commonwealth can "prove" their case when the defendents are innocent as angels.

The ability to prove or not prove something does not at all effect the reality of whether something is true or not.

Take for instance the idea that the world is round. It was revolutionary for it's time. Yet, the people who believed it couldn't prove it until someone actually went around the world. Does that mean their beliefs weren't factual?

People expect others to prove things for them before they will believe in anything. I think the approach is faulty and prevents us from learning things. I think the better approach is to be more willing to believe than not, and then experiment to see if you are correct or your principles need refinement. Because if you don't experiment, or in other words, act in a way to try to find answers, you never recieve them. And you lose facts, information, truth, etc that you might otherwise have learned and enjoyed because of faulty methodology.

Belief in here is referred to something that cannot be seen, or physically proven to exist. A belief in a fact is not necessary if you can see the evidence of that fact. The existence of God is a historical debate, and has gone passed the 'Big Bang' in Creation vs Revolution. Now, the works of belief quantifies the pure principle that transcends the human person into 'being'. Now if I say I practice Forgiveness as a principle and yet I condemned someone or a country for past wrongs, then we have brought our belief system into contempt and we are labelled hypocrites. Mind you, that's the nature of human, they proclaim one thing and yet do another. I am not like that as long as I am free and in control of faculties.

Jesus and his apostles were crucified and martyred for their beliefs and at the very end they forgave those who crucified them.

But the argument between God and Evolution has forced some scientists to replicate the Big Bang in that experiment in trying to prove a point. We are at a state called 'quarks' of the String Theory, and somethings are still unknowable. Maybe God can only know some things that humans may never will.

And if you can admit, you are not calling me names or I you, but we are forced to rationalise our arguments in an intelligent debate. It is much better than mud slinging exercise. Dont you thin?

Good on ya!

Last edited:
Not really. If you want respect for your point of view you have to listen to and respect others.

I am sorry but if I know something is a lie, I cannot respect it. Maybe you can though. ;)

Calling other people's beliefs lies is disrespectful to them. The Truth just is.

The Truth just is what? Relative?

The principles of contradiction show just how foolish you are on that one. So no, I'm not disrespectful, I'm just honest.

I am respectful enough to admire the Muslims for their steadfast hold to their religion and Jews to theirs. In recognizing that I have to make mention of the famous Muslim philosopher Avicenna who said the following:
Anyone who denies the law of non-contradiction should be beaten and burned until he admits that to be beaten is not the same as not to be beaten, and to be burned is not the same as not to be burned.

Last edited:
*Sighs* I think you just enjoy insulting the religions of others, The Light.

Let me see, who was it that started a whole thread about what was wrong with Christianity. :eusa_think:

No, it is not I that enjoys insulting the religions of others. I know what I believe and know that it is the Truth. And because I know that there is great peril in store for those who don't accept the Truth, I am warning anyone I can.

On the contrary you believe that all roads lead to bliss and just so long as everyone is good in their own eyes then everything is okay. If this is the case, then why do you find it sooooo important to insult the religions of others for no reason at all???

Let's say you are heading down a road in the middle of the night and an officer stops you and says that the road is washed out ahead and if you continue you will drive off a 1000ft cliff. Would you call that officer insulting and hateful because he didn't tell you that everything was all peachy or would you thank the officer for saving your life? Something to think about Madeline. That's something to think about :)

I think he just doesn't tolerate difference. It's different for Buddhists. From the perspective of Buddhism, "true faith" has no country boundary, and it doesn't require the trademark of a religion. It does not belong to any one religion, or to any one person at any one time. The "true doctrine" preached h the Buddha is not His exclusive possession, the Buddha was simply one of the discoverers of the Truth. Just like Newton discovered the law gravity, he did not possess the law.

That is why Buddhism teaches that all reasonable, and everlasting doctrines of any religion are also considered to be Buddhist principles, and many Buddhist principles are also part of the teachings of other religions.

"Love thy enemy" came from the Christian bible. Buddhism unquestionably recognizes this virtuous truth, and this saying is also stressed in a similar manner in the teachings of Buddhism. A number of the Christian Ten Commandments are also very similar to the five Precepts (rules) of Buddhism
Special Characteristics of Buddhism by Yat-Biu Ching - Dharmaweb

It all depends on what you consider "love." If you define love as "never say no" then you would be correct. But if you define it as the Bible defines it then it would mean telling someone no because they are going to hurt themselves or someone else.

So please be consistent and don't go spewing things out of the Bible that you don't understand.

I wanted to advance on the topic of “Many Faiths One Truth’ in the light of modern development of Technology and Biotechnology. From which we have computers, robots, and cyborgs or humans with robot parts. The development of Artificial Intelligence is imitating humans by uploading data of experience to robots, as well as operating machines from brain sensory or nerve. That layer of existence is expanded to include physical and virtual realities. Not only we have traditional dimension of time and space, but also virtual and metaphysical. Integration therefore unites all those subjective realms into one objective by sharing a common purpose. If we don’t there might be a good chance of multiple personalities and delusions….

The String Theory is the closes that can explain this multidimensional and multilayer existent. We can be independent and local and unique but also dependent and international and multicultural at the same time. It is a paradox.

It has everything including religion, culture, and tradition, modernism, and so on… The theory is developing and I have written various essays in places but I haven’t seen the real thing yet.

So there!

Last edited:
I am sorry but if I know something is a lie, I cannot respect it. Maybe you can though. ;)

The principles of contradiction show just how foolish you are on that one. So no, I'm not disrespectful, I'm just honest.

I am respectful enough to admire the Muslims for their steadfast hold to their religion and Jews to theirs. In recognizing that I have to make mention of the famous Muslim philosopher Avicenna who said the following:
Anyone who denies the law of non-contradiction should be beaten and burned until he admits that to be beaten is not the same as not to be beaten, and to be burned is not the same as not to be burned.

No respect for Buddhists?

I wanted to advance on the topic of “Many Faiths One Truth’ in the light of modern development of Technology and Biotechnology. From which we have computers, robots, and cyborgs or humans with robot parts. The development of Artificial Intelligence is imitating humans by uploading data of experience to robots, as well as operating machines from brain sensory or nerve. That layer of existence is expanded to include physical and virtual realities. Not only we have traditional dimension of time and space, but also virtual and metaphysical. Integration therefore unites all those subjective realms into one objective by sharing a common purpose. If we don’t there might be a good chance of multiple personalities and delusions….

The String Theory is the closes that can explain this multidimensional and multilayer existent. We can be independent and local and unique but also dependent and international and multicultural at the same time. It is a paradox.

It has everything including religion, culture, and tradition, modernism, and so on… The theory is developing and I have written various essays in places but I haven’t seen the real thing yet.

So there!

Laurentos, this is nothing at all like my limited understanding of string theory.

http://superstringtheory.com/basics/index.html

The Light, even if a person believed only a christian was right with God, is it so hard to be respectful to someone who does not share this belief? Respect is not endorsement, agreement, etc. It is mere genuine courtesy.

I think he just doesn't tolerate difference. It's different for Buddhists. From the perspective of Buddhism, "true faith" has no country boundary, and it doesn't require the trademark of a religion. It does not belong to any one religion, or to any one person at any one time. The "true doctrine" preached h the Buddha is not His exclusive possession, the Buddha was simply one of the discoverers of the Truth. Just like Newton discovered the law gravity, he did not possess the law.

That is why Buddhism teaches that all reasonable, and everlasting doctrines of any religion are also considered to be Buddhist principles, and many Buddhist principles are also part of the teachings of other religions.

"Love thy enemy" came from the Christian bible. Buddhism unquestionably recognizes this virtuous truth, and this saying is also stressed in a similar manner in the teachings of Buddhism. A number of the Christian Ten Commandments are also very similar to the five Precepts (rules) of Buddhism

The ten commandments are very simliar to commandments in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Egypt was the country the jews had just escaped, so how convenient that moses happens upon enlightenment that resembles Egypt's religion.

All religion is built upon other religion, like the mudbrick buildings in the middle east. Egypt learned their religion from Sumeria. Each religion is a certain societies interpretation of another societies religion. If we all realize that all religions have a single source, Sumeria, then we will learn that we are all more alike than different from one another.

Last edited:
The ten commandments are very simliar to commandments in the Egyptian Book of the Dead. Egypt was the country the jews had just escaped, so how convenient that moses happens upon enlightenment that resembles Egypt's religion.

All religion is built upon other religion, like the mudbrick buildings in the middle east. Egypt learned their religion from Sumeria. Each religion is a certain societies interpretation of another societies religion. If we all realize that all religions have a single source, Sumeria, then we will learn that we are all more alike than different from one another.

Not at all a surprise when you understand that Egyptian rules for centuries tried to mimick the Holy Order to which they could not lawfully inherit. Nor when you remember the fact that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob visited there. Or that Joseph ruled there.

God doesn't have to keep reinventing the wheel.

So there!

Laurentos, this is nothing at all like my limited understanding of string theory.

Link not allowed

Thanks for the link.

Like I said, the Social is analogical to the Quantum. Similar logic but not the same thing.

The Light, even if a person believed only a christian was right with God, is it so hard to be respectful to someone who does not share this belief? Respect is not endorsement, agreement, etc. It is mere genuine courtesy.

The Ethic of Reciprocity -- often called the Golden Rule in Christianity -- simply states that we are to treat other people as we would wish to be treated ourselves.

Almost all organized religions have such an ethic. It is normally intended to apply to the entire human race. Unfortunately, it is too often applied by some people only to fellow believers.

Versions of the Golden Rule in 21 world religions

A couple of things to help you out this evening if you have cable and The Science Channel.

There is a program that comes on this evening called "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman". Tonight, there is a repeat of the episode "Is There a Creator?", followed by the new one on time travel.

I'd recommend watching the one about the Creator tonight. Could provide some really interesting stuff for conversation tomorrow in this thread.

By the way Laurentis, if you can catch the one on black holes, you'll find out something very interesting.......there is a black hole at the center of the Milky Way, and the way the stars orbit that particular black hole is in EXACTLY the same way that protons and neutrons rotate around nuclei.

They use string theory to explain why those 2 occurrences happen in the same way at both the micro and macro level.

As far as is there only 1 true way to God? In a short.........no. Biblically, it states that God is Light. Scientifically, it states that all people (because of the 42 degree focus on the back of the eye), will perceive rainbows (reflections of light) in a slightly different way than any other person, even if they're standing side by side.

Since God is Light, and everyone perceives light differently, that would mean that we all have our own understanding of God.

Additionally, proof that God likes variety is reflected in the world. If everything was the exact same, we all looked the same, believed the same, etc........this wouldn't be a place worth living in, because there would be nothing new.

The trick is to look at what I'd posted farther up the thread with Carlton Pearson's "Gospel of Inclusion".

If anyone has it right, I think he's the closest.

A couple of things to help you out this evening if you have cable and The Science Channel.

There is a program that comes on this evening called "Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman". Tonight, there is a repeat of the episode "Is There a Creator?", followed by the new one on time travel.

I'd recommend watching the one about the Creator tonight. Could provide some really interesting stuff for conversation tomorrow in this thread.

By the way Laurentis, if you can catch the one on black holes, you'll find out something very interesting.......there is a black hole at the center of the Milky Way, and the way the stars orbit that particular black hole is in EXACTLY the same way that protons and neutrons rotate around nuclei.

They use string theory to explain why those 2 occurrences happen in the same way at both the micro and macro level.

As far as is there only 1 true way to God? In a short.........no. Biblically, it states that God is Light. Scientifically, it states that all people (because of the 42 degree focus on the back of the eye), will perceive rainbows (reflections of light) in a slightly different way than any other person, even if they're standing side by side.

Since God is Light, and everyone perceives light differently, that would mean that we all have our own understanding of God.

Additionally, proof that God likes variety is reflected in the world. If everything was the exact same, we all looked the same, believed the same, etc........this wouldn't be a place worth living in, because there would be nothing new.

The trick is to look at what I'd posted farther up the thread with Carlton Pearson's "Gospel of Inclusion".

If anyone has it right, I think he's the closest.

Interesting.

The String Theory is Quantum, its social aspects so far according to me is ‘Binding Strings’. The String Theory suggests everything is tied in a string, and the social version is Binding Strings; which examines why these things are bound by meriting values that bind individuals into groups. The social version is about people as social human beings and not about space, blackholes, and their trajectories. Its about social behaviour.

Now it is difficult to form groups across multi layers of society, but the aspects of 'quarks' in the String Theory explains this bind by shared objective values. People are themselves unique, but are also related in an integrated objective.

The social version is not about the Physics but the their aspects are examined and validated from their subjectivity to objectivity.

There is also another school of thinking which claims that early man coexisted with dinosaurs, and that challenges the idea of the 'Bigbang' and 'Creation'.

Nope.......mankind didn't live with the dinosaurs. Creationism is something akin to the flat earth theory, which means they are using limited observation with blind faith to fill in the gaps.

Interestingly enough, the very first verse of the Bible "In the beginning" is actually a mistranslation of the original Hebrew which actually is "In A beginning". The thoughts that go with that are actually kinda interesting because it opens up a whole bunch of doors.

New Topics

Forum List

Back