Many Faiths, One Truth

I have christian friends who are very devote. None of them has ever spoken to me or anyone else with the hatred or ill will of a Cecilie or The Light or Neubarth or Newby.

I'm asking again: what christian sect does any of you belong to, that encourages such hatred?

If more religious folk undertook to improve themselves rather than judge their neighbors, I would find it easier to admire them.

You mean they judge their neighbors the way you're judging them right now? Oh, wait, that's not possible, since they've actually MET their neighbors, and you're judging total strangers in job lots.

Would that we could all be as "admirable" as you are. Maybe that's why you receive the exact degree of admiration from me that you do. :eusa_angel:

A great many religions are represented. What's remarkable is there is no fighting in the US. We have religious freedom here.

Last edited:
I have christian friends who are very devote. None of them has ever spoken to me or anyone else with the hatred or ill will of a Cecilie or The Light or Neubarth or Newby.

I'm asking again: what christian sect does any of you belong to, that encourages such hatred?

Could you mention what I have said to you that you perceive as hateful?

Hey, Mad, why don't you try showing your Christian "friends" - if, in fact, you really have any - the OP from your thread about how ridiculous, crazy, and stupid Christians are, how you're more brilliant and enlightened than they are, and let's see if you're still able to say none of them have spoken to you the way I have after that.

In other words, the only reason they're your friends and nice to you is because you lie to them about who you really are.

I saw this article written by HH the Dalai Lama. It made me think about the challenges we have talking about our respective different spiritual tradtions in the religion forum . I thought it might serve as food for thought. What truth can we find in all walks of life regardless of the presence or absence of a specific faith tradtion?

"Though intolerance may be as old as religion itself, we still see vigorous signs of its virulence. In Europe, there are intense debates about newcomers wearing veils or wanting to erect minarets and episodes of violence against Muslim immigrants. Radical atheists issue blanket condemnations of those who hold to religious beliefs. In the Middle East, the flames of war are fanned by hatred of those who adhere to a different faith.

Such tensions are likely to increase as the world becomes more interconnected and cultures, peoples and religions become ever more entwined. The pressure this creates tests more than our tolerance — it demands that we promote peaceful coexistence and understanding across boundaries.

Granted, every religion has a sense of exclusivity as part of its core identity. Even so, I believe there is genuine potential for mutual understanding. While preserving faith toward one’s own tradition, one can respect, admire and appreciate other traditions.

Finding common ground among faiths can help us bridge needless divides at a time when unified action is more crucial than ever. As a species, we must embrace the oneness of humanity as we face global issues like pandemics, economic crises and ecological disaster. At that scale, our response must be as one.

Harmony among the major faiths has become an essential ingredient of peaceful coexistence in our world. From this perspective, mutual understanding among these traditions is not merely the business of religious believers — it matters for the welfare of humanity as a whole. "

Op-Ed Contributor - Many Faiths, One Truth - NYTimes.com

Don't worry, you will get what you are longing for. You will bite the one world religion hook line and sinker. Only to find out there is ONE true G-d and it aint the one you chose.

The only reason we have "intolerance" is because we have religions that seek to wipe out another race or religion to attain peace. The concept of coexistence and a one world religion is just this concept on steroids.

I found this a hateful post, The Light. You misrepresent Sky Dancer's POV as "one world religion" and you compare the Dahlia Lama to genocidical maniacs. If she had compared the Pope to them, you'd be outraged. It is precisely this sort of lack of respect that she is addressing.

God promises to KILL all of those idiotic people of other religions. JHVH does not have any patience with Hindus, Bahai's, Moslems, Buddhists, and the new "God is Love" religions that call themselves Christians.

Either you accept God on his terms, or He is going to kill you in a few more months. Read the Bible.

God said it. I believe it. That is good enough for me.
Gawd is a psychopathic mass murderer according to your "book"
If that book is correct I want no part of that system or entity.
Read the book. It describes a being that is a complete nutjob.......Pretty much like pResident GW Moron.Maybe that's why Gawd " spoke" to him.

The Texecutioner George W. Bush: Texas Biggest Serial Killer

I'm surprised at some of the responses on this thread. I wanted to talk about the importance of respecting other peoples spiritual paths even while we walk our own. What is happening is people are coming out of the woodwork condemning others. It's an interesting phenomena given the OP. Perhaps respect for others isn't possible.

Last edited:
Mebbe we could begin a dialogue that remains true to the Op by pointing out what we think is admirable about the various faiths.

I admire most of Jesus' teachings, especially regarding the need to treat others as well as you wish to be treated.

I admire the Jewish recognition that theirs is not the only path to God.

I admire the Buddist teaching of craving less as a path to inner peace.

“One should not honour only one's own religion and condemn the religions of others, but one should honour others' religions for this or that reason. So doing, one helps one's own religion to grow and renders service to the religions of others too. In acting otherwise one digs the grave of one's own religion and also does harm to other religions. Whosoever honours his own religion and condemns other religions, does so indeed through devotion to his own religion, thinking "I will glorify my own religion". But on the contrary, in so doing he injures his own religion more gravely. So concord is good: Let all listen, and be willing to listen to the doctrines professed by others.”

Emperor Asoka

Last edited:
God promises to KILL all of those idiotic people of other religions. JHVH does not have any patience with Hindus, Bahai's, Moslems, Buddhists, and the new "God is Love" religions that call themselves Christians.

Either you accept God on his terms, or He is going to kill you in a few more months. Read the Bible.

God said it. I believe it. That is good enough for me.
Gawd is a psychopathic mass murderer according to your "book"
If that book is correct I want no part of that system or entity.
Read the book. It describes a being that is a complete nutjob.......Pretty much like pResident GW Moron.Maybe that's why Gawd " spoke" to him.

The Texecutioner George W. Bush: Texas Biggest Serial Killer

God is God. He has said in the Bible that those people who know Him and honor Him will spend eternity with Him. Those people who refuse to know Him, for whatever reason, get to spend eternity in Outer Darkness.

He (JHVH) has made it all very simple. All of those people who refuse God do so with no expectation of ever seeing him and obviously no desire to do so. They get exactly what they have asked for, and you claim that makes God a psychopath? Boy, are you messed up in the head!

As far as the killing of all of the people of Earth, souls are eternal. Bodies are not. We are all going to die a physical death. For thousands and thousands of years we have been dying physical deaths. So now all of a sudden you think that God is wrong to have allowed it? Something that is very simple is not computing in your brain. In this difficult life on Earth, we live and eventually die. Those people who choose to walk with God, like me, get to do so. Those people who do not want to walk with God get to do that. We get what we choose. Amazing simplicity. YOU need to turn your brain on.

Luckily Neubarth, you're one of a kind.
People like you are seriously mentally off balance.

Consider if there is some other god that you worship, then HE has allowed all of this death and pain and suffering and it was not JHVH.

The simple fact of the matter is that mankind has made life what it is on this small planet. God (JHVH) has told us what we are supposed to do and we for the most part defy Him.

Now, you are essentially claiming that you have the right to defy God because you are all messed up. People like you belong in Sodom just before the firestorm. God has told us over and over and over again that He does not like your shitty behavior yet you think that it is God's fault that you are a little shit in behavior. Amazing stupidity on your part.

God has his rules for life. I know what they are. Millions of other people do, too, You, like Satan, have refused his rules and think that you should be God. You are wrong, of course. God is God. You are Not.

Read the Bible. Obey God. Stop pretending that you are God and know better than Him. You will soon die. Where will you spend eternity?

Luckily Neubarth, you're one of a kind.
People like you are seriously mentally off balance.

Consider if there is some other god that you worship, then HE has allowed all of this death and pain and suffering and it was not JHVH.

The simple fact of the matter is that mankind has made life what it is on this small planet. God (JHVH) has told us what we are supposed to do and we for the most part defy Him.

Now, you are essentially claiming that you have the right to defy God because you are all messed up. People like you belong in Sodom just before the firestorm. God has told us over and over and over again that He does not like your shitty behavior yet you think that it is God's fault that you are a little shit in behavior. Amazing stupidity on your part.

God has his rules for life. I know what they are. Millions of other people do, too, You, like Satan, have refused his rules and think that you should be God. You are wrong, of course. God is God. You are Not.

Read the Bible. Obey God. Stop pretending that you are God and know better than Him. You will soon die. Where will you spend eternity?

Take care Neubarth. May you be happy and free of suffering.

Last edited:
Mebbe we could begin a dialogue that remains true to the Op by pointing out what we think is admirable about the various faiths.

I admire most of Jesus' teachings, especially regarding the need to treat others as well as you wish to be treated.

...only when it serves your own interests or when it is convenient for you, right?

After all, that principle would apply to abortion as well. Abort someone only if you wish to be aborted yourself.

Forum List

Back