Manufacturing Jobs Jumped by 54,000 in November! How About Those Tariffs?!

Obama took over in the middle of the deepest recession in modern times. Trump took over in the middle of a boom.
Democrats love excuses and historical revisionism.

Bush's bank bail out insured a fast recovery if nobody fucked it up with overregulation, dumping $.8Trillion to donors to launder back to Democrats, and screwing 1/6 of the economy with healthcare tax and cost increases.

Obama fucked things up, that is for sure. He made the recovery much slower. One of the many reasons I rank him as the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

What your missIng is that Trump has only been marginally better. That is my point, not that Obama was great, just that Trump is not much better

Over 6 Million Americans Have Dropped Off Food Stamps Since Trump Took Office

Over 6mil have dropped off food stamps since Trump took office. Leftists’ heads are spinning.

The number of people on food stamps has been dropping since 2014.
You people all act like this shit just magically started under Trump.
I told you. Leftists suck and any stat that irritates them warms my heart.

so, once again honesty and facts do not matter to you, just trolling.

you are no longer worth wasting time on.
So what I posted with the link was not a fact? Got it. Feel free to never respond to my posts. You’re not on my level of education anyway.

You have the last part right, I am not anywhere near as low as you on the education level. I would have to remove half my brain to get down to your level.

3 years in Obama had a rate of 8.5%, and so became the food stamp president. Compare to Trump's 3.5% and his plans to ax food stamps to those how can work.

Democrats are very proud of this I understand.

Obama took over in the middle of the deepest recession in modern times. Trump took over in the middle of a boom.
We're talking about 3 years in idiot! Three years after Obama got elected the recession was getting worse. Three years after Trump got elected and we're in the middle of a boom.

The economy never boomed under Obama. It plodded along at its best.

Nothing changed under Trump. Not one single economic metric changed direction under Trump, they all just stayed the course from when he was elected.

The only significant change in any measure has been the drastic increase in the deficit.
Trump has boomed the economy to levels that Obama nor that sleaze Hillary could never do.

I know it's hard for snowflakes, but this is really a good thing.

That is what he tells you, and since you are a mindless drone you accept it as the gospel.

1.9% GDP growth is not booming.
The Feds do not lower the rates during booming economies.
The National debt should not skyrocket in a booming economy.
Where do you get this crap? CNN?

The US china trade war are not the only reason for a WORLDWIDE slowdown in manufacturing

In germany the government demand that automakers switch production to electric cars will cost an estimated 50,000 jobs

Ultimately nations need jobs for their people to fill

And that takes effort and courage

Obama fucked things up, that is for sure. He made the recovery much slower. One of the many reasons I rank him as the 2nd worst POTUS ever.

What your missIng is that Trump has only been marginally better. That is my point, not that Obama was great, just that Trump is not much better
I don't completely disagree.

Trump was near the last on my list of GOP nominees.

That said, the GOP didn't cooperate much with Obama, but Democrats are actively working to harm America for political power.

Trump is far from perfect, but he ties his success to increasing America's success and self sufficiency.

Obama tied his success to increasing America's dependency on government.

Now Democrats tie their success to increasing America's misery, suffering and inearned entitlement.

anyone else see the CBS Sunday Morning show concerning Dollar General? hahahahahahaahha, just watch that and then look at the tariffs.

According to the BLS jobs report for November, manufacturing jobs jumped by a whopping 54,000 last month, the biggest one-month increase since 1983!

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

As of July of this year, Trump's economy has buried Obama's economy in the number of new manufacturing jobs created. Forbes magazine:

In the last 30 months of President Obama’s term, manufacturing employment grew by 185,000 or 1.5%. In President Trump’s first 30 months, manufacturers added 499,000 jobs, expanding by 4.0%. (In Trump's First 30 Months, Manufacturing Up By 314,000 Jobs Over Obama; Which States Are Hot? see also https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41898.pdf)​

In fact, last year, 2018, the economy added 264,000 manufacturing jobs, the biggest one-year increase since 1988.

U.S. enjoys best manufacturing jobs growth of the last 30 years

And keep in mind that during Obama's entire presidency, all 8 years, we had a net loss in manufacturing jobs. After Obama signed the 2015 compromise budget deal, which made most of the Bush tax cuts permanent and preserved about $700 billion in tax breaks, manufacturing jobs began to bounce back. But the jump in manufacturing jobs under Trump has been much greater than it was under Obama.

I guess this means that Trump's tariffs are not "devastating our manufacturing sector," hey? Does this mean that all the liberals who have posted threads that have pounced on the short, temporary drop in manufacturing jobs that we've seen in the last few months--will those liberals now admit that since Trump has been in office, we have seen a historic increase in manufacturing jobs?

Will the Democratic presidential candidates stop repeating the lie that Trump has not kept his promise to increase the number of manufacturing jobs? In spite of the slowdown in manufacturing jobs that we've seen over the last few months, there has still been a large overall increase in manufacturing jobs since Trump took office, and, again, last month we saw the biggest jump since 1983. It is misleading to cherry-pick the numbers just for the last few months and ignore the numbers for the 34 months that Trump has been in office.

DNC off on Trump, Wisconsin manufacturing jobs

Let's just say that using an article from a year ago, to refute the utter failure of Dumb Donald's trade war and the current state of manufacturing in the USA is at the least dishonest, and quite frankly, is an outright fraud.

Trump did not create 54,000 manufacturing jobs in October. The striking GM workers returned to work. That's how he achieved job growth of 54,000 manufacturing jobs. In reality, 41,000 GM workers returned to work.

U.S. GM workers ratify contract, 40-day strike to end

But the most dishonest thing you did was to cite the MarketWatch report from January 2019, to sell the idea that Trump hasn't lost all of those gains, and or that manufacturing is in the same situation it was in 2009, when Barrack Obama tool office.

US factory activity unexpectedly hits 10-year low as Trump's trade war persists | Markets Insider

US manufacturing sinks to decade-low, stoking economic fear

The reason they call it a "trade war", is because there are always casualties.

Then he tells us that Trump created a massive number of manufacturing jobs in 2018. But then Trump shit on American workers with his steel and aluminum tariffs, and manufacturing jobs started going south. The bald fact is that so many manufacturing jobs

Over 6 Million Americans Have Dropped Off Food Stamps Since Trump Took Office

Over 6mil have dropped off food stamps since Trump took office. Leftists’ heads are spinning.

So what I posted with the link was not a fact? Got it. Feel free to never respond to my posts. You’re not on my level of education anyway.

You have the last part right, I am not anywhere near as low as you on the education level. I would have to remove half my brain to get down to your level.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You going to give BHO credit for the average wage growth as well?

5d7f74ca2e22af121a0252c3

We're talking about 3 years in idiot! Three years after Obama got elected the recession was getting worse. Three years after Trump got elected and we're in the middle of a boom.

The economy never boomed under Obama. It plodded along at its best.

Nothing changed under Trump. Not one single economic metric changed direction under Trump, they all just stayed the course from when he was elected.

The only significant change in any measure has been the drastic increase in the deficit.
Trump has boomed the economy to levels that Obama nor that sleaze Hillary could never do.

I know it's hard for snowflakes, but this is really a good thing.

That is what he tells you, and since you are a mindless drone you accept it as the gospel.

1.9% GDP growth is not booming.
The Feds do not lower the rates during booming economies.
The National debt should not skyrocket in a booming economy.
Where do you get this crap? CNN?

Thank you for proving my assessment of you as a mindless drone 100% correct

According to the BLS jobs report for November, manufacturing jobs jumped by a whopping 54,000 last month, the biggest one-month increase since 1983!

As of July of this year, Trump's economy has buried Obama's economy in the number of new manufacturing jobs created. Forbes magazine:

In the last 30 months of President Obama’s term, manufacturing employment grew by 185,000 or 1.5%. In President Trump’s first 30 months, manufacturers added 499,000 jobs, expanding by 4.0%. (In Trump's First 30 Months, Manufacturing Up By 314,000 Jobs Over Obama; Which States Are Hot? see also https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41898.pdf)​

In fact, last year, 2018, the economy added 264,000 manufacturing jobs, the biggest one-year increase since 1988.

And keep in mind that during Obama's entire presidency, all 8 years, we had a net loss in manufacturing jobs. After Obama signed the 2015 compromise budget deal, which made most of the Bush tax cuts permanent and preserved about $700 billion in tax breaks, manufacturing jobs began to bounce back. But the jump in manufacturing jobs under Trump has been much greater than it was under Obama.

I guess this means that Trump's tariffs are not "devastating our manufacturing sector," hey? Does this mean that all the liberals who have posted threads that have pounced on the short, temporary drop in manufacturing jobs that we've seen in the last few months--will those liberals now admit that since Trump has been in office, we have seen a historic increase in manufacturing jobs?

Will the Democratic presidential candidates stop repeating the lie that Trump has not kept his promise to increase the number of manufacturing jobs? In spite of the slowdown in manufacturing jobs that we've seen over the last few months, there has still been a large overall increase in manufacturing jobs since Trump took office, and, again, last month we saw the biggest jump since 1983. It is misleading to cherry-pick the numbers just for the last few months and ignore the numbers for the 34 months that Trump has been in office.

Let's just say that using an article from a year ago, to refute the utter failure of Dumb Donald's trade war and the current state of manufacturing in the USA is at the least dishonest, and quite frankly, is an outright fraud.

Trump did not create 54,000 manufacturing jobs in October. The striking GM workers returned to work. That's how he achieved job growth of 54,000 manufacturing jobs. In reality, 41,000 GM workers returned to work.

But the most dishonest thing you did was to cite the MarketWatch report from January 2019, to sell the idea that Trump hasn't lost all of those gains, and or that manufacturing is in the same situation it was in 2009, when Barrack Obama tool office.

US factory activity unexpectedly hits 10-year low as Trump's trade war persists | Markets Insider

Then he tells us that Trump created a massive number of manufacturing jobs in 2018. But then Trump shit on American workers with his steel and aluminum tariffs, and manufacturing jobs started going south. The bald fact is that so many manufacturing jobs

So this is failure?

5d7f74ca2e22af121a0252c3

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You going to give BHO credit for the average wage growth as well?

5d7f74ca2e22af121a0252c3

I do not give Obama credit for anything other than screwing up the healthcare system even worse than it was. I do not give the president credit for what the private sector does.

that is the main difference between you and I, your first instinct is to give the government credit for everything.

As for wage growth, lower UE always leads to faster wage growth. Basic law of supply and demand in play. Did your education not teach you about that?

5d7f74ca2e22af121a0252c3

I do not give Obama credit for anything other than screwing up the healthcare system even worse than it was. I do not give the president credit for what the private sector does.

that is the main difference between you and I, your first instinct is to give the government credit for everything.

As for wage growth, lower UE always leads to faster wage growth. Basic law of supply and demand in play. Did your education not teach you about that?

You just said it started dropping in 2014? You cannot have it both ways. I agree with you of course. But the lowering of the corp. tax rate did increase job growth. That is undeniable.

This is correct. There was a big dip in October when they went on strike, and a big jump when they came back.

upload_2019-12-9_9-33-59.png

The overall trend is positive, but definitely slowed as compared to the gains from 2017 and 2018.

upload_2019-12-9_9-35-9.png

5d7f74ca2e22af121a0252c3

You just said it started dropping in 2014? You cannot have it both ways. I agree with you of course. But the lowering of the corp. tax rate did increase job growth. That is undeniable.

Wages are always the last thing to change, no need to pay more till the labor market is actually tight.

There were about 500,000 jobs created in 2018 than 2017....if you wish to give the tax cuts credit for those I cannot argue. But barring a great December this year will be under 2017 numbers. So any boost to job creation was short term.

This is especially significant, when considered in the context that Trump's economy is an aging expansion, not an economy bouncing back from a financial meltdown.

A little less significant when you realize that even with this large gain, jobs added this year will be the lowest since 2011.

Actually, as it is such an old expansion, when you would expect to see such numbers plateauing, instead of accelerating,

it makes them far MORE significant.

It gives even MORE weight to the ideas behind them.

AND suggests what I want to see, ie, a change not in the short term numbers, but a deeper changing in the underlying long term trends.

They are not accelerating...there was one good month...in a month that is historically the 2nd best for job growth.
You people get way to excited over a single month.

This is rapidly leaving "isolated report" behind.

And it is accelerating. This recovery is ancient. In the normal course of events, it would have ended long ago.

That Trump is getting improvements in manufacturing at this late date, is shocking.

There is no acceleration, this year will be the slowest year since 2011, and then only because Jan and Nov were outliers from the rest of the year.

13,000 new manufacturing jobs is really nothing to bring crowing about

Do you care about the rise in lower end wages?

This is especially significant, when considered in the context that Trump's economy is an aging expansion, not an economy bouncing back from a financial meltdown.

A little less significant when you realize that even with this large gain, jobs added this year will be the lowest since 2011.
When you've got a Trumpian unemployment rate of 3.5% instead of an Obamian rate of 7, there isn't much room for growth.

Obama left office with the UE rate of 4.7, a 39.5% drop from his first month in office.
It is now 3.5%, a drop of 25.5%.
3 years in Obama had a rate of 8.5%, and so became the food stamp president. Compare to Trump's 3.5% and his plans to ax food stamps to those how can work.

Exactly. The normal business cycle helped Obama and hindered Trump, and yet Trump is moving on to new highs.

Actually, as it is such an old expansion, when you would expect to see such numbers plateauing, instead of accelerating,

AND suggests what I want to see, ie, a change not in the short term numbers, but a deeper changing in the underlying long term trends.

They are not accelerating...there was one good month...in a month that is historically the 2nd best for job growth.

And it is accelerating. This recovery is ancient. In the normal course of events, it would have ended long ago.

That Trump is getting improvements in manufacturing at this late date, is shocking.

There is no acceleration, this year will be the slowest year since 2011, and then only because Jan and Nov were outliers from the rest of the year.

What does that have to do with my post?

When you've got a Trumpian unemployment rate of 3.5% instead of an Obamian rate of 7, there isn't much room for growth.

Obama left office with the UE rate of 4.7, a 39.5% drop from his first month in office.
It is now 3.5%, a drop of 25.5%.

Exactly. The normal business cycle helped Obama and hindered Trump, and yet Trump is moving on to new highs.

A stupid ass trade war is what is hindering Trump. If not for the Fed pulling his bacon out of the fire there would be no growth at all.

What does that have to do with my post?
If we end the illegal alien invasion of America then 13,000 new manufacturing jobs is a good number

But if millions of dirt poor migrants from latin America continue to turn up in America then we can never create enough new jobs to employ them all

Forum List

Back