Manufacturing jobs increase for the second year in a row

Right-to-work, plain and simple, means lower wages for all workers

Republicans call that "Prosperity through lower wages".
Hey dumb asses...lower wages means lower overhead, lower production cost, more competitive products, higher exports, less imports, lower prices and LOWER COST OF LIVING!

You'll live better on 10 dollars an hour than on 20 under over regulation and social engineering!

DAMN...logic is scarce among liberals!

1.6 million new jobs in 3 YEARS...yeah, that's going great guns all right.

And by the way, we had a thread not to long ago claiming the unemployment rate had dropped to 8.5%. What did it turn out to be...8.75% and that's the CHEATED numbers released by the government.

Here is the TRUTH of the unemployment situation. More people have given up even LOOKING for work than all the new jobs created since Obama took office. Cut off unemployment and the rate would jump up over 11% INSTANTLY. Let the economy have a REAL tick up and those who had given up would start looking and drive it up closer to 15-19%.

THAT is the truth of what we face!

I am a liberal, run my own business and make 20 to 30 dollars an hour as a mason. I live better off that wage than ten dollars and hour.

as much as you complain about it and whine the American people will NEVER FORGET what an all republican government gave this country.

disastor is what the American people recieved from republican leadership.

I can understand why you wish they would forget.

LMAO Hogwash.

Both parties sank the economy you moron. Your Dems weren't sitting around with the fingers up their ass while the economy went down the drain.

The american people sure haven't forgotten what an all Dem Govt gave em. Nov 2010. They sure don't like the HC disaster in the making under democratic leadership.

We'll see how it swings in 2012. Hopefully Barry will be a Prez of the past.

Both parties did have a hand...................all BEFORE President Obama took office. Clinton eased regulations and made trade agreements, Bush gave away free stuff, started two wars that were not paid for and allowed banks to run unchecked. And before them both, Reagan listened to Milton Friedman and fucked us real good.

You will find that Obamacare is a plus for this nation.....and even for the insurance industry. And...it is a step toward single payer. Get used to it.

And...because only one party is really trying to get us corrected, your hopes regarding 2012 will be dashed......to your own benefit.

Last edited:
Why shouldn't a worker have the choice to belong to a union or pay dues? If he/she does not like what the union bosses are doing with their money, why shouldn't they have to choice to opt out? That's what they have at the federal gov't level, you do not have to be a union member or pay dues.

You're able to quickly lay out the argument that makes your position sound appealing. The problem is the argument is filled with holes. If workers have that choice, why should businesses be required to pay the non-union employees based on the union contract?
I don't know much about union contracts and laws but from management's standpoint, paying a lower wage to the non-union employee for the same job being done by the union employee doesn't make sense. It encourages all eligible employees to join the union to benefit from the higher wage, something few businesses want.

Why shouldn't a worker have the choice to belong to a union or pay dues? If he/she does not like what the union bosses are doing with their money, why shouldn't they have to choice to opt out? That's what they have at the federal gov't level, you do not have to be a union member or pay dues.

You're able to quickly lay out the argument that makes your position sound appealing. The problem is the argument is filled with holes. If workers have that choice, why should businesses be required to pay the non-union employees based on the union contract?
I don't know much about union contracts and laws but from management's standpoint, paying a lower wage to the non-union employee for the same job being done by the union employee doesn't make sense. It encourages all eligible employees to join the union to benefit from the higher wage, something few businesses want.

Which is exactly why "right to work" laws have those requirements. They're not about choice, they're about crushing unions.

Forum List

Back