Manufacturing Dissent

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Watched it this morning.. Without seeing this documentary, I thought Michael Moore was an ahole. But, after seeing it, I KNOW he is one.

Things I learned,
One this that Moore proves is that you can lie to the American People, and still be admired, forgiven, and make lots of money.

Funny, why id Moore buy an expensive home up in an area that is A) not middle class B) not diverse C) is home to the political party that he hates so much??$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The other thing I learned is that the left still wants to take firearms, in particular, handguns away from the American people.

The power of language to persuade the naive such as Working Man. Moore as an American citizen has every right to criticize what he considers wrong - this is America not China. From the YouTube segments I watched, the criticism is not an evaluation of policy positions but ad hominem attacks on Mooore. That's ok but it does not answer the critical question of why America is nation building in Iraq, why so many are without healthcare, or why so many die senselessly because of the proliferation of handguns. It is a lesson of history that the messenger is always attacked by those in power and those too weak to think on their own but simply follow.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." Teddy Roosevelt

As an example, what does one make of this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcy9RH8WDso&NR=1[/ame]

It seems almost childish and Fox faux news was hoping for dirt and got confusion. What exactly is the gentleman saying? Balance, yes, so!

The power of language to persuade the naive such as Working Man. Moore as an American citizen has every right to criticize what he considers wrong - this is America not China. From the YouTube segments I watched, the criticism is not an evaluation of policy positions but ad hominem attacks on Mooore. That's ok but it does not answer the critical question of why America is nation building in Iraq, why so many are without healthcare, or why so many die senselessly because of the proliferation of handguns. It is a lesson of history that the messenger is always attacked by those in power and those too weak to think on their own but simply follow.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." Teddy Roosevelt

As an example, what does one make of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcy9RH8WDso&NR=1

It seems almost childish and Fox faux news was hoping for dirt and got confusion. What exactly is the gentleman saying? Balance, yes, so!

Go ahead quote for us where the original post says Moore should be censored or stopped from producing his lying shit. Come on, can't be hard since thats what your claiming happened.Further you go off on a rant about the RIGHT of people to voice their opinion while trying to shut up the original posters OPINION. There is a word for that.

Go ahead quote for us where the original post says Moore should be censored or stopped from producing his lying shit. Come on, can't be hard since thats what your claiming happened.Further you go off on a rant about the RIGHT of people to voice their opinion while trying to shut up the original posters OPINION. There is a word for that.

RGS, what the hell is that supposed to mean! Your bias glasses are distorting your view or your Alzheimer's is getting more advanced. View the youtube on manufacturing dissent - note to start with the word 'manufacturing' for instance. I'm still wondering how WM knew MM was an X before seeing it, you think maybe he is wearing the same glasses you do?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3IUU7a4wB0[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIBqXQmPrg[/ame]

RGS, what the hell is that supposed to mean! Your bias glasses are distorting your view or your Alzheimer's is getting more advanced. View the youtube on manufacturing dissent - note to start with the word 'manufacturing' for instance. I'm still wondering how WM knew MM was an X before seeing it, you think maybe he is wearing the same glasses you do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3IUU7a4wB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIBqXQmPrg

Bowling for Columbine did it for me sport.. I don't like that so many Aholes have guns and shoot people because their F'n dose of Prozac is off.. But, his attack on the NRA, the Second Amendment, and Charlton Heston is enough for me to tell that FAT F<<< that he is dog shit in my book.. How is that? Is that enough insight???

Why doesn't Mike Moore do more to highlight our new position vis a vis China in the big scheme of things to come???

How about the relationship with Israel that is costing us so much??

He doesn't have the balls to do what needs to be done, but just what makes his fat ass richer..

And yes, I do believe in the First Amendment, so long as what is being offered as truth, is the truth, and not some propoganda for an agenda..

Maybe the problem is attacking the person instead of the argument?

So hate whomever you choose - but refute their POSITION with your own logical argument, just saying someone is fat, or lives somewhere is straying from the path.

So, when Mr. Moore says Bush is a liar, don't say 'So are you!'
say 'No he is not, for these reasons...etc.'

we could use less ad hominem fallacy on ol' USMB too.

Maybe the problem is attacking the person instead of the argument?

So hate whomever you choose - but refute their POSITION with your own logical argument, just saying someone is fat, or lives somewhere is straying from the path.

So, when Mr. Moore says Bush is a liar, don't say 'So are you!'
say 'No he is not, for these reasons...etc.'

we could use less ad hominem fallacy on ol' USMB too.

The Documentary, Manufacturing Dissent, gave us a different perspective than that offered by Mike Moore. The people who were interviewed were/are his personal friends and associates. I would think that I trust Ralph Nader more than most people alive, even though I am sure we have our differences in opinion on some issues. But, MM stuck it up Ralphs backside in order to achieve what MM thought was important.

So again, I offer the information as rebuttal to those mistruths that MM has passed on as fact..

an academy award winning documentary film maker?

have you ever even watched one of his films? yes or no?

Parts of his crap yes. And I have seen the proof of his NON documentaries. Calling his production Documentaries is the biggest lie of all. They are pure propaganda films that use lies. misquotes, staged events and staged filming to imply or outright state things that are NOT true.

Parts of his crap yes. And I have seen the proof of his NON documentaries. Calling his production Documentaries is the biggest lie of all. They are pure propaganda films that use lies. misquotes, staged events and staged filming to imply or outright state things that are NOT true.

which movie have you seen?

I don't mean, which right wing attack program that shows exerpts from his movies, but which Michael Moore movie have you seen?

which movie have you seen?

I don't mean, which right wing attack program that shows exerpts from his movies, but which Michael Moore movie have you seen?

I have seen parts of just about all his propaganda fests.

And your attempt to pretend Moore is not an outright liar that twists information and uses the edit function to piece together film that was never shot together is as funny as hell.

I have seen parts of just about all his propaganda fests.

And your attempt to pretend Moore is not an outright liar that twists information and uses the edit function to piece together film that was never shot together is as funny as hell.

so....you are admitting that you have never watched an actual movie of Mr Moore? Why not just say so. I love it when blowhards who have never seen a movie think they can write a review of it.

And here's a news flash: every single documentary ever shot has used the edit function to piece together film that was never shot together. Film editing is part of the process.

And here's another news flash: every documentary film maker has a point of view. Every documentary film maker is trying to get a point across. That is the nature of the genre.

But again... you really should just accept the fact that you look totally silly trying to critique films you have never seen.

It's like doing a book report on A Tale of Two Cities by reading the Illustrated Classics comic book!:rofl:

You hate him because he's Lebanese.

What else could explain it? You and he share liberal views on every topic. Don't be such an obvious partisan!

Why would I dislike someone Lebanese?

I dislike him because but for him, we wouldn't have been saddled with that brain dead imbecile in the whitehouse these past 7 years. And other than wanting to hurt dem chances this time, he has no business running ....

:eusa_hand:
Honestly, no matter what I think about Bowling for Blowhards in Columbine, etc,,, 911,,, what ever.. You mean Ralph Nader, and his associates, and MM's friends didn't tell the truth?? Or is it that the Truth was taken out of context?
:eusa_doh:

so....you are admitting that you have never watched an actual movie of Mr Moore? Why not just say so. I love it when blowhards who have never seen a movie think they can write a review of it.

And here's a news flash: every single documentary ever shot has used the edit function to piece together film that was never shot together. Film editing is part of the process.

And here's another news flash: every documentary film maker has a point of view. Every documentary film maker is trying to get a point across. That is the nature of the genre.

But again... you really should just accept the fact that you look totally silly trying to critique films you have never seen.

It's like doing a book report on A Tale of Two Cities by reading the Illustrated Classics comic book!:rofl:

Forum List

Back