Man's Organ Donation Rejected Because He Was Gay

Can you just IMAGINE the lawsuits when a healthy man who suffered an accident that damaged his corneas was given "high risk" corneas and developed HIV?!?!?!?

You could have him sign 8 million waivers and agreements and none of them would mean anything. The right (or wrong, more appropriately) lawyer would sue the doctors and/or hospital out of existence...and he/she would win.

The Red Cross is right on the money, covering their ass and protecting people (even though I agree, its a shame to throw organ donations away) from getting communicable diseases through high-risk organs.

Hey, when I was in college I spent the majority of my 4 years unable to give blood. Between my tatoo, my eyebrow piercing, and my tongue piercing, I was out of the running for blood donation due to my higher risk for hepatitis. I always made sure that the tatoo/piercing parlor used a clean, new needle and an autoclave...and I've never contracted hepatitis...but my blood (I'm 0+, universal donor) was rejected everytime...and it should have been...why waste the time and supplies on blood they might have to reject...why risk giving a child blood that is going to harm them forever?

(For the record, all the piercings except for the ones in my ears have gone...somehow I didn't think they'd go over so well when I was interviewing for teaching positions ;) )

Gem said:
Can you just IMAGINE the lawsuits when a healthy man who suffered an accident that damaged his corneas was given "high risk" corneas and developed HIV?!?!?!?

You could have him sign 8 million waivers and agreements and none of them would mean anything. The right (or wrong, more appropriately) lawyer would sue the doctors and/or hospital out of existence...and he/she would win.

The Red Cross is right on the money, covering their ass and protecting people (even though I agree, its a shame to throw organ donations away) from getting communicable diseases through high-risk organs.

Hey, when I was in college I spent the majority of my 4 years unable to give blood. Between my tatoo, my eyebrow piercing, and my tongue piercing, I was out of the running for blood donation due to my higher risk for hepatitis. I always made sure that the tatoo/piercing parlor used a clean, new needle and an autoclave...and I've never contracted hepatitis...but my blood (I'm 0+, universal donor) was rejected everytime...and it should have been...why waste the time and supplies on blood they might have to reject...why risk giving a child blood that is going to harm them forever?

(For the record, all the piercings except for the ones in my ears have gone...somehow I didn't think they'd go over so well when I was interviewing for teaching positions ;) )

Heck, my blood is probably some of the purest around and I can't give it cause I've been to England.

damn, thats right...overseas travel...I'm out this year too!

I wouldnt accept eyes from a homosexual donor. Flat out. I would rather go blind,,,(damn all that masturbating!)

IF it were a live saving organ, and no other available, yea, I would take it.

As for "damn the family" I have sympathies for the parents, being a father of five, I can understand their feelings. BUT,it would in no way lend in any decisions. ONLY sympathy.

queer eye for the....yea, pretty damn funnY!

Guess IM out too, been to the Philippines.

Gem, good for you for your turnaround on tats, piercings and such. People do get judged on those things.

I use to donate aphoresis, blood platelettes for luekemia patients, I believe. anyone who wants to do it, contact the red cross, they are always in need. You get to watch FEE movies!

New Topics

Forum List

Back