Manifold...A Wager...

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
My Phils start a series tonight against your Sox.

Whoever loses the series must cease posting here for one week.

Deal?

No, just commenting on how boring your wager is...:cuckoo:

Right. I mean, I'm not going to be at any of the games, and I doubt Manifold is, so that would make YOUR idea pretty fucking stupid, no?

Damn Mani, you'd have had me on this one, too.

Who the fuck is Justin Masterson?

Damn Mani, you'd have had me on this one, too.

Who the fuck is Justin Masterson?

Yeah, I would have. But then I might've been tempted to let it ride on the Cardinals series with Soggy and that one didn't go so well. It took a comeback, a blown Papelbon save, and 13 innings just to avoid the sweep.

As for Masterson, it's truly amazing the pitching talent the Sox have in the farm system. They've probably got at least a half-dozen farm hands that could start on other big league teams. Like KC for example...just ask Soggy. :D

Yeah, I would have. But then I might've been tempted to let it ride on the Cardinals series with Soggy and that one didn't go so well. It took a comeback, a blown Papelbon save, and 13 innings just to avoid the sweep.

As for Masterson, it's truly amazing the pitching talent the Sox have in the farm system. They've probably got at least a half-dozen farm hands that could start on other big league teams. Like KC for example...just ask Soggy. :D

Well, until the league's hitters figure him out and adjust to him. Then he better hope he's not just a flash in the pan. I didn't get to see the game, I had to listen to it on the radio at work, so I didn't get to see his stuff.

Well, until the league's hitters figure him out and adjust to him. Then he better hope he's not just a flash in the pan. I didn't get to see the game, I had to listen to it on the radio at work, so I didn't get to see his stuff.

You mean like they've figured out Okajima. :redface:

You also can't credit Varitek enough for much of the success of the the Sox pitching staff. I've never seen anyone that good at working the matchups. He also holds the record for catching no-hitters...4. But the best one of all was Schilling's one hitter from last season. With 2 outs in the ninth, arrogant Curt calls off a sign for the first time in the game and sure as shit gives up a single to break up his best chance ever at throwing a no-hitter. I laughed my ass off after he at least got the next guy out to preserve the win.

Forum List

Back