Manic Market - Dow up 1000 points!!

this is good news for the market but overall it won't have a positive impact on the economy for a few weeks probably.

I hope the trend continues and the market stabilizes over the next few weeks and months.

In related news: Moonbats jumping out of windows....

I am kidding folks. Sort of. :tongue:

The market over-reacted and is just trying to stabilize....it will fluctuate up and down over the next week or so and settle at about 1200, maybe 1100 until the election....thats my guess....I'm out of stock for now and staying out for awhile...maybe for the next 4 years....

Shocked and yet not shocked.

If this keeps up the rest of the week, I'm not sure what to think.

Think they have the balls to steal $700 bill right at the end after yrs of spending $10 bill a month in iraq with no end in site and they think we'll forget because for a month gas is $3 a gallon and apparently

For 8 yrs, everytime I showed my gop friends bad news about the economy, they'd point to how well the stock market was doing. and it goes up one day but down the next. It is not a good indicator. Look at unemployment and consumer confidence and inflation and debt more.

Oh, and haven't us liberals been arguing with you conservatives for years now whether or not we were in a recession? You guys didn't ever admit things were bad, so don't pretend now you were just talking technicalities.

The market over-reacted and is just trying to stabilize....it will fluctuate up and down over the next week or so and settle at about 1200, maybe 1100 until the election....thats my guess....I'm out of stock for now and staying out for awhile...maybe for the next 4 years....
I'm sure you meant 11 or 12 thousand.
I for one think that this rally has do with the price of oil falling. The economy runs on oil so the cheaper the energy, the more people can participate in it.
Whether oil drops to 50 cents a gallon or not, we still need to drill, drill and drill some more.

the bond/credit markets were closed for the holiday today...that's what brings it down, when the credit market is watched....things are gloomier, maybe?

low trading volume today as well....

but please let me be wrong!

Uh, if the down market is good for Obama, then the up market should be good for McCain?
Also, if high oil prices are bad for the economy then low oil prices, as they are now, is good right?

Liberals, help me out on this.

what do you think?

I think the whole thing is a huge game of Monoply with the "fat cats" playing.

images

They just left the "Go to Jail" part out. :eusa_eh:

I wonder who got Boardwalk and Park Place? :cuckoo:

Rules of play; Start rumors so you can put the big companies into a tailspin, buy up stock while it is dirt cheap, bail the company out, then start re-investing our "tax money" to cause the stockmarket to rocket over the top, today. :clap2: A win-win situtation for all playing the game!

If you didn't get invited to play .... you can start your own monoply! Invite your friends and neighbors to invest!
Monopoly Railroad Set - 4 Certificates from the Monopoly Game

Forum List

Back