Manhattan Muslims Unite

Is this a religious belief or a social custom, Sunni Man? And may I ask, does Islam sanction or require arranged marriages or polygamy?
Payment of the "bride price" (dowry) is an ancient custom, be it, Europe, Asia, or the Middle East.

Since the Prophet Muhammad himself also paid the dowry (mahr) when taking a wife.

Muslims follow his (sunnah) "example" (that's why we are called sunni muslims) and pay the dowry to the bride.

Arrainged marriages are NOT in any way Islamic.

It's just some cultures still have the pre-Islamic practice of arrainged marriages, but it is NOT in the Quran or taught by the Prophet.

Yes, the Quran sanctions the taking of up to 4 wives by a muslim man.

But each of the wives must be treated exactly equal in every respect.

Whether it is housing, finances, clothes, gifts, etc.

So if one wife screws up and he has to beat her, the man then has to go beat the other wives just to even things out? And if the man has sex, does he immediately have to go bang the other 3 or can he spread it out over a few days?

I don't think anyone is "racially superior" Kalam, but I love Israel.
Why do you love Israel?

Time for a new thread, Sunni Man. Lemme ponder so I can compose a thoughtful reply.

She loves Israel because they get to lock up a whole population into small garded camps, I think it's trauma left over from the holocaust that makes them want to do that. Plus, she's probably always wanted arabs to get nuked, and Israel is the most likely to do it sooner or later. Maybe she's a land stealer and feels a special kinship with thieves.
Or mebbe she's just a heeb. :D

Forum List

Back