Mandatory Xolocaust Studies

Should Xolocaust Studies Be Mandatory?

• Total voters
We in Illinois are luckier than others.:cuckoo: We have Xolocdaust studies mandated by our state.:eusa_whistle:

Abstract
The state of Illinois was the first state to mandate the teaching of the Holocaust in 1990. This article reports the results of a study of Holocaust education practices at the high school level. At present, it represents the largest study of Holocaust education practices ever conducted in the United States.

The complete article can be found at:
The State of Holocaust Education in Illinois - by Jeffrey Ellison & John Pisapia

Those bastards!!!! how dare they educate the kids!!!!!

I think education is fine and in the state of Illinois education is mandatory until the age of 16. I too am interested in the xolocaust but I resent the idea that it is mandatory in Illinois. My conclusion is that Hitler emulated Moses. They were both butchers who had others do their killing for them. They both had a chosen people and a promised land that was already inhabited.

We in Illinois are luckier than others.:cuckoo: We have Xolocdaust studies mandated by our state.:eusa_whistle:

Abstract
The state of Illinois was the first state to mandate the teaching of the Holocaust in 1990. This article reports the results of a study of Holocaust education practices at the high school level. At present, it represents the largest study of Holocaust education practices ever conducted in the United States.

The State of Holocaust Education in Illinois - by Jeffrey Ellison & John Pisapia

I think education is fine and in the state of Illinois education is mandatory until the age of 16. I too am interested in the xolocaust but I resent the idea that it is mandatory in Illinois. My conclusion is that Hitler emulated Moses. They were both butchers who had others do their killing for them. They both had a chosen people and a promised land that was already inhabited.

Moses is a fictional character

Abstract

I hardly think mandating the teaching of history is unique to Illinois.

Look on the bright side, this will only mean that, per capita, Illinois will have less dumb-fuck holocaust deniers.

Moses is a fictional character

The fiction concerning Moses has been propagated by Hollywood. Hollywood never shows the bloody butchery of his cohorts and their cleansing rituals after mass murder.

Moses was the author of the first five books. Since all knowledge concerning Adam and Eve and their desendents come thru Moses, one can ask: "Did Moses give them the alphabet as well."

Those bastards!!!! Why don't they educate the kids!!!!:confused:

Merry Christmas to All!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I am disappointed in the poll turn out. Only 10 people have participated. Well it nice to know that 68% 0f the teachers in Illinois have an opinion similar to mine.:eusa_whistle:

Why is Holocaust Education being taught in Illinois High Schools?

Teachers in Illinois cited a litany of rationales for teaching about the Holocaust. The most frequently cited rationales (93%+) found in Table 8 were the importance of the topic, that it was already part of the curriculum, and that they had a personal interest in the subject. Only 68% of the teachers stated that they taught the Holocaust because it was mandated by the state. Moreover, teachers strongly believed that there were at least nine lessons students could learn from studying the Holocaust. Among these lessons were understanding how and why the Holocaust occurred, encouraging students not to discriminate and stereotype, encouraging students to be critical thinkers, and encouraging students to understand humans’ capacity to do evil.

It never happened and it is a Jewish lie. Why do you resort to name calling?

It's not name-calling. It's a valid question: are you always such a fucktard?

Im simply pointing out one of the greatest hoaxes in history and that is the Jew lie of extermination. It did not happen. The Jew claims 6 million died yet there werent even 6 million Jews in all of Europe in 1938 so how could 6 million be killed? It did not happen. You and other Americans are victims of a HOLLYWOOD inspired Jew lie.

Right...

YOu can go see the mass graves, dipshit.

There are NO proven mass graves my son. A few monuments does not mean there is a mass grave. It didn't happen.

I'd rather that they just show "Band of Brothers" which depicts the broader view of one part of WW2, including liberating a concentration camp. Then I suggest showing a few other WW2 movies, such as Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima, Fat-Man Little Boy, 12 O'clock High, Guadalcanal, Enemy at the Gate, etc.

Not just the "politically correct" versions of what happened.

I'd rather that they just show "Band of Brothers" which depicts the broader view of one part of WW2, including liberating a concentration camp. Then I suggest showing a few other WW2 movies, such as Pearl Harbor, Iwo Jima, Fat-Man Little Boy, 12 O'clock High, Guadalcanal, Enemy at the Gate, etc.

Are you being serious? You think the "not politically correct" version of what happened is best taught by Hollywood movies?

There was NO holocaust, it is a Jewish lie.

Yukon you are mistaken. Hitler initially wanted to expel the Jews from Germany for what he perceived as their traitorous (knife in the back) behavior during WW I. That Balfour declaration really pissed him off so he wrote a declaration of his own called Mein Kamft.

His manner was as the manner of Moses. They both fancied that they had a chosen people, a promised land, and destiny.

Are you being serious? You think the "not politically correct" version of what happened is best taught by Hollywood movies?

I'm saying that some Hollywood movies depict WW2 more realistically than the "New Revisionist Politically Correct" history that they would teach today.

I'm saying that some Hollywood movies depict WW2 more realistically than the "New Revisionist Politically Correct" history that they would teach today.

Explain, using specific examples of this so-call "New Revisionist Politically Correct" history that is taught now. Otherwise you're just parroting something you heard on the radio. My brother teaches high school European History in a New York City Public School, I'm very well aware of what the curriculum is.

Somehow I doubt you are.

Explain, using specific examples of this so-call "New Revisionist Politically Correct" history that is taught now. Otherwise you're just parroting something you heard on the radio. My brother teaches high school European History in a New York City Public School, I'm very well aware of what the curriculum is. Somehow I doubt you are.

The general meaning I'm looking for are things like "George Washington was a slave owner". There were some things taught in NJ and CA that as a parent I objected to. You probably know what revisionist history items I'm generally referring to.

Revolutionary War - Writing History

Politically Correct Thinking and State Education

Political Correctness: The Scourge of Our Times

The use of "Xolocaust" instead of the more normal "Holocaust" has me weirded out about your poll. That said, yeah, teach it. Hell, make them 6th graders experience the horrors of genocide everywhere as personally as possible.

Forum List

Back