Mandatory Xolocaust Studies

Should Xolocaust Studies Be Mandatory?

• Total voters

amiam*

Dec 5, 2008
N42 07.187' W87 49.820'
We in Illinois are luckier than others.:cuckoo: We have Xolocdaust studies mandated by our state.:eusa_whistle:

Abstract
The state of Illinois was the first state to mandate the teaching of the Holocaust in 1990. This article reports the results of a study of Holocaust education practices at the high school level. At present, it represents the largest study of Holocaust education practices ever conducted in the United States.

The complete article can be found at:
The State of Holocaust Education in Illinois - by Jeffrey Ellison & John Pisapia

You should move amiam..

Maybe there is another state willing to take you

I don't see what the problem is. We teach about slavery too. Both are worth learning about in order to keep from letting anything similar happen in the future.

I don't see what the problem is. We teach about slavery too. Both are worth learning about in order to keep from letting anything similar happen in the future.

The problem is the mandatory bit. It is not an elective!....You must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuckoo:
Please vote..........

I vote against slavery.

I think it is just plain wrong

The problem is the mandatory bit. It is not an elective!....You must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuckoo:
Please vote..........

well.. yea. Learning about slavery is not an elective either. Are you similarly upset that jr high kids are forced to learn about Slavery? Don't you think that mandatory lessons on the holocaust is a small price to pay for avoiding another one? If anything, it should help teach empathy and humanity towards our fellow human beings. And, how are you going to talk about WW2 without pointing out why nazis were so bad? How do you express the price of D day as necessary without pointing out the human tragedy that was the holocaust?

I don't understand why the taught us Roman Numerals

We are not Roman!

Please vote..........

well.. yea. Learning about slavery is not an elective either. Are you similarly upset that jr high kids are forced to learn about Slavery? Don't you think that mandatory lessons on the holocaust is a small price to pay for avoiding another one? If anything, it should help teach empathy and humanity towards our fellow human beings. And, how are you going to talk about WW2 without pointing out why nazis were so bad? How do you express the price of D day as necessary without pointing out the human tragedy that was the holocaust?

Once again you miss the point. Who chooses the curriculum at the schools, the teachers or the state?:eusa_whistle:

I don't understand why the taught us Roman Numerals

We are not Roman!

Gosh, they never taught me them. Did I miss something? I once wrote MCMXXCIV for 1984 and not MCMCLXXXIV (I needed the space) but an old dictionary was my source for my notation. The dictionary referred to it as seldom used now.:cool:

Last edited:
Please vote..........

Once again you miss the point. Who chooses the curriculum at the schools, the teachers or the state?:eusa_whistle:

lemme consult the No Child Left Behind manual real quick..

We in Illinois are luckier than others.:cuckoo: We have Xolocdaust studies mandated by our state.:eusa_whistle:

Abstract
The state of Illinois was the first state to mandate the teaching of the Holocaust in 1990. This article reports the results of a study of Holocaust education practices at the high school level. At present, it represents the largest study of Holocaust education practices ever conducted in the United States.

The State of Holocaust Education in Illinois - by Jeffrey Ellison & John Pisapia

Those bastards!!!! how dare they educate the kids!!!!!

Please vote..........

Teachers have little say over curriculum. The Holocaust is part of history and like the Crusades, the fall of Constantinople and Prohibition, should be tart as part of same.

Abstract

Teaching of history offends you? Move to another planet :lol:

Abstract

Yeah, there's really nothing to be concerned about with state-mandated "holocaust" indoctrination. Nothing biased about that.

Here's a question: what if they also taught about the 7 million Ukranians murdered by Soviet Jews?

What's that, you say? Never heard of it?

Well, who's against being EDUCATED?

Abstract

Yeah, there's really nothing to be concerned about with state-mandated "holocaust" indoctrination. Nothing biased about that.

Here's a question: what if they also taught about the 7 million Ukranians murdered by Soviet Jews?

Whats wrong with them teaching about the Ukranians being murdered by soviets?

Why do you have a problem with teaching history?

Abstract

This would be laughable if it was so tragically ironic.

The soviets persecuted Jews.

It doesn't matter that marx was Jewish, Communists were just as vicious towards Jews as nazis.

BTW, its IMMPOSSIBLE to have a 'soviet jew' since the soviet state was agnostic.

The CCCP was not agnostic.

The CCCP's policies were clearly anti-theistic. Stalin was the only 'god' allowed.

Abstract

Gee, some how mandatory and teaching are the same in PP's world. The Greek word Xolocaust meant a burned offering and not "The mass murder of Jews under the German Nazi regime from 1941 until 1945"

The word "Xolocaust" was seized by the Zionists to propagate a guilt and foment support for the Zionist state AFTER their heroic victory in 1967. You see....Finklestein got it right!

Genocide was a word once used to describe this event. It is an event along with a long list of other events that fit this category.:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back