"Common Sense" gun control actually happened in Maine....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The defeat of these measures is the "common sense" gun control that we need....

Maine Legislature Adjourns, Anti-Gun Legislation Defeated - The Truth About Guns

Anti-Gun Bills Defeated

Legislative Document 379, sponsored by Representative Victoria Doudera (D-94), and Legislative Document 1033, sponsored by Representative Anne Perry (D-140), would have imposed a one-size-fits-all, government mandated firearm storage requirement that would impair the ability of law-abiding Mainers to access firearms in the home to defend themselves and their families.

Legislative Document 747, sponsored by Representative Barbara Cardone (D-127), Legislative Document 810, sponsored by Senator David Miramant (D-12), and Legislative Document 1276, sponsored by Senator Linda Sanborn (D-30), would have effectively criminalized the private transfer of firearms.

Legislative Document 1569, sponsored by Representative Lois Reckitt (D-31), would have essentially ended the centuries old practice of home manufacturing firearms for personal use.

Legislative Document 1071, sponsored by Rep. Cardone, would have defined most standard capacity magazines as “high capacity” if they can hold more than ten rounds of ammunition and make it a Class D crime to sell or supply them, unless one had “the authority to do so.”

Legislative Document 1099, sponsored by Senator Brownie Carson (D-24), would have delayed Second Amendment rights by imposing a 72-hour waiting period before an individual may receive firearms that they purchase.

Legislative Document 516, sponsored by Representative Heidi Brooks (D-61), would have directed the Commissioner of Public Safety to administer a statewide voluntary firearm collection day, and to establish a voluntary firearm collection program administered by the Bureau of the State Police. The bill would have compelled disclosure of personal information of individuals turning in firearms, and with no restrictions on how the police could have used this information.

Legislative Document 869, sponsored by Representative Mattea Daughtry (D-49), was a concept draft that included no detail on the specific gun control measures being proposed by the sponsor.

Legislative Document 1470, sponsored by Senator Catherine Breen (D-25), would have allowed political subdivisions and municipalities to create arbitrary boundaries at public proceedings and polling places where law-abiding citizens are left defenseless against the criminals who ignore such restrictions.

Legislative Document 489, sponsored by Senator Justin Chenette (D-31), would have allowed noise ordinances to be used to shut down local shooting ranges, even if they operated safely and were otherwise in full compliance with the law.

You live in Maine now?

I can't keep up.

There is this thing called the "Internet." It allows you to collect information from around the world...you should look into it...

Won’t make Maine safer

But gun nuts know that

You live in Maine now?

I can't keep up.
So we won't see you posting in any shooting thread out side your State from now on?

You won't see me whining about somebody else's laws or Congresscritters, nope.

As always I might add.

Control freaks like the OP just aren't content unless they're snooping into other people's and other states' affairs. Me, I don't care to do that much work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back