Mandatory evacuation of New Orleans ordered

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Why do I think this is going to be another nightmare---I can already envision people being dragged out of thier homes like the Israeli settlers from the settlements in Gaza. I'm glad it's not in MY job description.

dilloduck said:
Why do I think this is going to be another nightmare---I can already envision people being dragged out of thier homes like the Israeli settlers from the settlements in Gaza. I'm glad it's not in MY job description.

I can't believe they have to order a mandatory evacuation. Those people should have gotten out of there last week.

I can't believe they have to order a mandatory evacuation. Those people should have gotten out of there last week.

According to the "Comprehensive Emergency Plan" the Mayor was supposed to have ordered their evacuation and the Governor was supposed to release the use of the public school buses as well as other public transport. Part of the "comprehensive" plan was to be able to inform those that didn't have TV, Radio, or Newspaper of where to get on these buses.

We find out now that when asked to order an evacuation, Mr. Mayor went and said, "We'll take that under advisement..." Later when asked to give permission for Federal Forces to bring aid the Governor asked for 24 more hours to evaluate information... That was on Wednesday, less than 24 hours after the document was signed there was food and water in NO. I think that response time is amazing considering all the obstacles that were thrown in front of them.

Tying the hands of the person you are blaming for not helping wasn't wise. The Dems are going to have their blame game backfire on them.

I can't believe that they didn't order a mandatory evacuation almost 2 weeks ago

Heck---just yesterday they allowed thousands back in to check on the damage to their homes and get belongings. Let's make the job a little harder just for grins.

Forum List

Back