Mandated paid vacation time

We are esentially the only first-world nation that does not legally provide any paid time off to employees.

He does have a point.
Maternity leave or sick leave I might support.
But, with the ACA regs, nobody getting more than 28hrs.....And give them paid vacation time too????

Actually, it was the OP that went for a feel good topic.

We have already had a lengthy discussion on what his stances are.

So, you don't actually have a problem with it.
If you're gonna pay for my vacation? Sure.
Otherwise

:eusa_hand:

I still don't see your problem with it. Since you didn't bother to 'splain precisely what your problem with it is then I'll just have to chalk it up to another act of desperation.
:)
Doc's a mod.
If my saying it was cuckoo wasn't enough added commentary, I would've heard about it

Otherwise

I still don't see your problem with it. Since you didn't bother to 'splain precisely what your problem with it is then I'll just have to chalk it up to another act of desperation.
Doc's a mod.
If my saying it was cuckoo wasn't enough added commentary, I would've heard about it

I'm not questioning whether or not you broke the rules here.

Sanders is pandering.
In the article, other nation's vacation policy mandates are mentioned. One issue missing is that in many of those countries, business is heavily or at least partially subsidized by taxes.
In order to receive those incentives, business must bow to the will of the government.
Secondly, in many Western European nations, labor unions represent up to 80% of all non exempt workers.

Otherwise

Doc's a mod.

So where do you stand on the topic, then?

Part of what he wants is already happening with people working part time jobs
Sometimes two or three of them.

Most Americans leave their vacation time on the table already. Why mandate something that the people don't want? It makes about as much sense as requiring people to buy health insurance regardless of whether they want or can afford it. Oh wait...

Otherwise

Doc's a mod.

So where do you stand on the topic, then?

I think it should be mandatory for full time workers. I wish it was mandatory for those holding down 2 or 3 jobs. Those are the people that are working 7 days a week.

Forum List

Back