Mandated defense cuts could lead to war, top US military official says

The current democrats aren't your grandpa's democrats.

Democrat's today are running the end games of Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. It took the Brits and French to get Gaddafi out and what a success that was! It advanced the cause of fundamentalist islam by decades.

Democrat's today are running the end games of Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. It took the Brits and French to get Gaddafi out and what a success that was! It advanced the cause of fundamentalist islam by decades.

Imagine that?

The Brits and French being asked to actually resolve conflicts that they helped to create? Imagine the US not having to put boots on the ground to fix every global conflict? Imagine resolving a crisis without losing US lives?

The US Military has to stop being the worlds policeman and start forcing the other economic powers ( England, Germany, France, Japan, S Korea) to step up and take care of their own problems

Imagine that?

The Brits and French being asked to actually resolve conflicts that they helped to create? Imagine the US not having to put boots on the ground to fix every global conflict? Imagine resolving a crisis without losing US lives?

The US Military has to stop being the worlds policeman and start forcing the other economic powers ( England, Germany, France, Japan, S Korea) to step up and take care of their own problems

Right. And we should stop funding al quaeda in Syria and let the Russians take care of it.

Jroc, the Chinese supply many of our military components. This is where your stupid military-industrial complex philosophy has led our nation.

Your thinking will lead us to the tomb.

Nope... Thats where the stupid liberals have taken us, driving manufactuing out of this country, Mitt Romney will bring a lot back.:cool:

Manufacturing drove manufacturing out of the US, whether the shops were union or not.

Romney will cut your Defense budget by 25% in his first term, and then keep on cutting. He is not a neo-imperialist.

We cannot be the world's policeman, period. We can't afford it, much less than philosophically it confounds the creators' philosophies that established our Republic.

We cannot be the world's policeman, period. We can't afford it, much less than philosophically it confounds the creators' philosophies that established our Republic.

Absolutely

We are asking Americans to make do with less. Work harder, accept fewer benefits, pay more for education, healthcare and substinance all while we deploy forces around the globe fixing other peoples problems

Jroc, the Chinese supply many of our military components. This is where your stupid military-industrial complex philosophy has led our nation.

Your thinking will lead us to the tomb.

Nope... Thats where the stupid liberals have taken us, driving manufactuing out of this country, Mitt Romney will bring a lot back.:cool:

Manufacturing drove manufacturing out of the US, whether the shops were union or not.

Romney will cut your Defense budget by 25% in his first term, and then keep on cutting. He is not a neo-imperialist.

:cuckoo:you better vote Obama son...

"We have two courses we can follow: One is to follow in the pathway of Europe, to shrink our military smaller and smaller to pay for our social needs," Romney said outside the city's Veterans Memorial Center and Museum. "The other is to commit to preserve America as the strongest military in the world, second to none, with no comparable power anywhere in the world."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1VsUmIHqg]Romney Promises Strong Military - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
You moron. We can cut by 25% and be the strongest military in the world. He is telling you sorry sons of guns what you want to hear, just like Bush did. But in this case, I agree with him.

I hope you vote Romney right along with me, but you are not going on any wild invasions in the future with Romney.

You moron. We can cut by 25% and be the strongest military in the world. He is telling you sorry sons of guns what you want to hear, just like Bush did. But in this case, I agree with him.

I hope you vote Romney right along with me, but you are not going on any wild invasions in the future with Romney.

No need with the strongest military in world....

It means, “Let him who desires peace prepare for war.”
The idea of peace through strength was paraphrased in George Washington’s first state of the union address, as well as by Presidents Lincoln and Reagan. Margaret Thatcher (United Kingdom) and Stephen Harper (Canada) also believe in peace through strength.

Most wars start when a dictator or monarch (e.g. – Hitler) believes he can win a conflict against a weak neighbor quickly and easily. Perhaps to test out his plan, he takes some small aggressive steps to make sure that no one is going to stop his aggression (e.g. – rebuilding the Luftwaffe, occupying the Rhineland, annexing the Sudetenland, annexing Austria, invading Poland). Once he is able to confirm over and over that no democracies are going to stop his conquests by force, he attacks.

The way to stop most wars is to make dictators believe that you have the means and the will to stop their aggression. Clinton allowed about a half dozen attacks in the 90s without any reprisal, (e.g. – World Trade Center, USS Cole, etc.) We did not respond to these terrorist attacks on our national interests. As a result, Bin Laden would joke about how the USA was a “paper tiger” that did not have the stomach for war. He thought that a few American losses would make us pack up and go home.

Contrast Clinton’s view with Ronald Reagan. Reagan’s biography at the White House web site says this:

“In foreign policy, Reagan sought to achieve “peace through strength“. During his two terms he increased defense spending 35 percent, but sought to improve relations with the Soviet Union.

What is the doctrine of peace through strength? « Wintery Knight

You should have told that to bush before he made the worst foreign policy mistake at at time in world history that has left us a nation reeling along with other nations reeling in a Great Recession.

Last edited:

You should have told that to bush before he made the worst foreign policy mistake at at time in world history that has left us a nation reeling along with other nations reeling in a Great Recession.

No war under Reagan "Peace through strength son"...Get it?

The battle is now on to pass a budget before January which will replace the sequestration bill. Which means one will probably be passed at midnight December 31, if the past is prologue.

:meow:

Dempsey and Pannetta are just a couple of many more sacred cows to come which will be brought to the House floor to moo for the peanut gallery. Anyone have any guesses which cow will represent the top marginal income tax bracket whose Bush tax cut will also expire in January? Any guesses what cow will represent welfare mothers everywhere?

This is a circus. Grab some popcorn.

I'm really having doubts the Bush tax cuts will ever sunset. They are already framing that as a "Tax Increase".

And last time around..Obama choked.

Wha?

Grenada wasn't invaded? Noriega wasn't grabbed from Panama? We didn't have battles with Iran's navy? Marines weren't killed in Lebanon?

He's already talking about war with Iran. Bush..around this time in the campaign was talking about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

You really should listen to what these guys say..Jake.

The battle is now on to pass a budget before January which will replace the sequestration bill. Which means one will probably be passed at midnight December 31, if the past is prologue.

:meow:

Dempsey and Pannetta are just a couple of many more sacred cows to come which will be brought to the House floor to moo for the peanut gallery. Anyone have any guesses which cow will represent the top marginal income tax bracket whose Bush tax cut will also expire in January? Any guesses what cow will represent welfare mothers everywhere?

This is a circus. Grab some popcorn.

I'm really having doubts the Bush tax cuts will ever sunset. They are already framing that as a "Tax Increase".

And last time around..Obama choked.

I agree

Republicans will play brinkmanship again and Obama will cave

He always does

Wha?

Grenada wasn't invaded? Noriega wasn't grabbed from Panama? We didn't have battles with Iran's navy? Marines weren't killed in Lebanon?

Those were not war. little bullshit not war:cool:

Wha?

bull shit on your lies, Jroc. War is war. Ask the guys who fought at Grenada.

Romney will cut the budget dramatically.

Wha?

You guys are going around saying that Obama started 6 count em..6 wars.

But with Reagan..it was "Bullshit"?

Consistency is not your strong suit.

Wha?

You guys are going around saying that Obama started 6 count em..6 wars. But with Reagan..it was "Bullshit"? Consistency is not your strong suit.

Consistency? Far right trolls and far left trolls are far more than inconsistent, Sallow, both sides lie, and America wants neither of the extremes governing America.

Forum List

Back