Mandated defense cuts could lead to war, top US military official says

A downsized military will do nothing but make us a very attractive and weak target. The weak are always targets whether it's a predatory nation or a predatory shark in the sea.

A Target to whom?

Which nation on earth is currently capable of attacking us?

If there isn't a country currently capable of attacking us, by all means we should become so weak that anyone can.

At this point, with obumble in the white house, whoever would be interested in attacking us is too busy rolling on the floor laughing at our foolishness in having elected the worst enemy we have had since King George. Why should they do anything when he's doing it for them?

A downsized military will do nothing but make us a very attractive and weak target. The weak are always targets whether it's a predatory nation or a predatory shark in the sea.

A Target to whom?

If there isn't a country currently capable of attacking us, by all means we should become so weak that anyone can. At this point, with obumble in the white house, whoever would be interested in attacking us is too busy rolling on the floor laughing at our foolishness in having elected the worst enemy we have had since King George. Why should they do anything when he's doing it for them?

You are engaged in self lunacy. You are goofy. You were the butt hole who was mad because he carefully orchestrated Khaddafi's removal without American offensive power, yet saying we should engage in Syria.

You have nothing to say that would influence anyone.

Last edited:

A Target to whom?

If there isn't a country currently capable of attacking us, by all means we should become so weak that anyone can.

At this point, with obumble in the white house, whoever would be interested in attacking us is too busy rolling on the floor laughing at our foolishness in having elected the worst enemy we have had since King George. Why should they do anything when he's doing it for them?

Name a country that is remotely capable of attacking us without being annihilated.
The last group that thought they could attack us is being decimated by your President Obumble. His 200 plus attacks on terrorist targets have made them irrelevant

Our military has more capability than the next ten nations combined. Eight of those ten are our allies

A super sized military didn't prevent us from being attacked in 2001.

preventing something like 9/11 is a police matter,retaliating for it is a military matter......

Harry, we could have easily retaliated with a military 70% of what we have now, taken down the Taliban, and told the rest of the world to back off. We would not have been able to invade Iraq without a dramatic increase of forces, which the American people would not have approved the expenditures.

We do not need a military this size or at this cost.

dempsey_martin_061312.jpg

The top U.S. military official suggested Wednesday that scheduled Pentagon budget cuts could lead to war.

Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testified before a Senate committee Wednesday alongside Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. Both offered dire warnings about the potential impact of the automatic budget cuts, known as sequestration, which will go into effect starting next January unless Congress intervenes.

Dempsey said the cutbacks could lead to the cancellation of weapons systems and disrupt "global operations." In turn, he warned, the U.S. could lose global standing -- opening the door for enemies to test American military might.

"We can't yet say precisely how bad the damage would be, but it is clear that sequestration would risk hollowing out our force and reducing its military options available to the nation," Dempsey told the senators. "We would go from being unquestionably powerful everywhere to being less visibly globally and presenting less of an overmatch to our adversaries, and that would translate into a different deterrent calculus and potentially, therefore, increase the likelihood of conflict."

Panetta made a similar argument last year when he said the sweeping cuts could weaken the military substantially, and invite "aggression" abroad

Read more: Mandated defense cuts could lead to war, top US military official says | Fox News

Nope no fear mongering from them.

We increased spending and had a couple of wars so whatsa diff?

A super sized military didn't prevent us from being attacked in 2001.

preventing something like 9/11 is a police matter,retaliating for it is a military matter......
As I recall, the GOP CON$ervoFascists mocked John Kerry for that very thing. My how the worm turns.

who do you think is going to do it? While we're cutting the military lets cut our ties with the UN too. we can't afford that bullshit any more either.
That’s the key question isn't it? Who would fill the vacuum? China? Russia? Who? We do have to make some cuts, but across the board mandated cuts are not the way to do it. Almost seventy years of prosperity in this country is in large party due to our strong military, without it?
Jroc makes these horseshit statements without any evidence. I supposed he could argue the Vietnam War was a success because forty years later it has most favored trading status with us.

Across the board cuts is the starting place for a downsizing of the armed forces and relief from our crushing government bills.

A strong U.S. has meant world stability and prosperity since WWII, although I don't see the need for keeping all those troops in Europe, across the board cuts? No… We need to stay on top with all our weapons systems and Technologies, money well spent in my view. The job of the federal government to protect this nation, A strong superior military does that

That’s the key question isn't it? Who would fill the vacuum? China? Russia? Who? We do have to make some cuts, but across the board mandated cuts are not the way to do it. Almost seventy years of prosperity in this country is in large party due to our strong military, without it?
Jroc makes these horseshit statements without any evidence. I supposed he could argue the Vietnam War was a success because forty years later it has most favored trading status with us.

Across the board cuts is the starting place for a downsizing of the armed forces and relief from our crushing government bills.

A strong U.S. has meant world stability and prosperity since WWII, although I don't see the need for keeping all those troops in Europe, across the board cuts? No… We need to stay on top with all our weapons systems and Technologies, money well spent in my view. The job of the federal government to protect this nation, A strong superior military does that

Yep having the Chinese be component suppliers for our military hardware sure does all of that.

How many wars since 1945 and how many deaths since 1945, Jroc, have occurred?

A strong navy, a superior air force, a great cyber command, great spec ops, and a scale-downed ground force component and we can save 30% ($200 billion plus) per year.

You have no idea of what you discuss.

A strong navy, a superior air force, a great cyber command, great spec ops, and a scale-downed ground force component and we can save 30% ($200 billion plus) per year.

There would have been many more without us Jake..... You always sound like a little boy to me for some reason

Yep having the Chinese be component suppliers for our military hardware sure does all of that.

No

There would have been many more without us Jake..... You always sound like a little boy to me for some reason

Because you make the grandiose statements of a little boy. You can't think any better than that. You are offering nothing of worth, just your goofy opinion.

Jroc, the Chinese supply many of our military components. This is where your stupid military-industrial complex philosophy has led our nation.

Your thinking will lead us to the tomb.

Jroc, the Chinese supply many of our military components. This is where your stupid military-industrial complex philosophy has led our nation.

Your thinking will lead us to the tomb.

Nope... Thats where the stupid liberals have taken us, driving manufactuing out of this country, Mitt Romney will bring a lot back.:cool:

A Target to whom?

a bunch of guys in Afghanistan did....

And what happened to them?

They committed suicide. The terrorists we have captured just got a new soccer field.

War might be the wrong term. If democrats remain in power, it might be a negotiated defeat. War implies some defensive moves. Democrats might not be capable of that.

a bunch of guys in Afghanistan did....

And what happened to them?

They committed suicide. The terrorists we have captured just got a new soccer field.

War might be the wrong term. If democrats remain in power, it might be a negotiated defeat. War implies some defensive moves. Democrats might not be capable of that.

Yes.....living a life of luxury at the Gitmo Country Club

Democrats won WWII. Didn't see a negotiated defeat except for the other side

It was Republicans who negotiated the defeat in Korea and VietNam

Forum List

Back