Mandate?

'ol Perfessor

May 7, 2004
Check out this definition of mandate;
MANDATE - A judicial command or precept issued by a court or magistrate,
directing the proper officer to enforce a judgment, sentence or decree.
Is this what Mrs Stalin, I mean Mrs Clinton really means in this story?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070918/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_ap_interview_6

I used to work with a guy, that has since retired, that negotiated everything. He either did not believe in insurance or did not have the means to insure his large brood. I recall one day at work when he bit down on a piece of candy and broke a tooth. He immediately ran out from work and once home called a dentist and got in. Even though he was in excruciating pain he negotiated the price of the work before it commenced and received a sizable discount by promising to bring in said brood for teeth cleaning that year.
How many of us even ask our medical charlatans "how much" before any thing commences whether painful or just routine. I know that I don't. My wishful thoughts are that there is a specific fee that a doctor or dentist will charge for a procedure. Kinda like a menu at a restaurant. Well there isn't.
( Years ago I had a dentist that treated me before I got dental and charged me 50.00 for something. A couple of years later I went back to him after we upgraded to dental at my job. The exact same procedure had somehow increased in price enough that my now 20% copay was almost what he once charged me before I had insurance).
They charge what ever the insurance or even you will pay. Often there is a huge difference between what is payable by medicare for the exact same effort and what say Blue Cross will pay.
So why do we let them get away with this seemingly dishonest method of doing business? Anybody know? the inquiring 'ol perfessor wants to know.
Now especially when Hillary, ( to be fair it isn't just her. Republican or Democrat the tune is the same; don't cut the price of anything). is threatening to enter my back pocket for even more than the sheer waste that government at such a huge dollar level is now.,

I love this one:

She said she could envision a day when "you have to show proof to your employer that you're insured as a part of the job interview — like when your kid goes to school and has to show proof of vaccination," but said such details would be worked out through negotiations with Congress.

WTF? No insurance, no job? That's helpful.

Forum List

Back