Mandate Electric Cars to save the environment.

No we do NOT nor SHOULD we mandate electric cars. What we should do is give HUGE amounts of funding to AMERICAN companies to build viable electric cars(which by the way CAN and IS being done). We should also provide tax breaks like the ones Bush gave for people to go buy HUMMERS and the HEAVIEST least fule efficient cars on the road.

Electric cars need to be mandated. PERIOD !

Hell no.

What needs to be done is to slowly make it more economically feasible for companies to produce less expensive and more desirable hybrids and electrics. Things like upping the CAFE standards a bit, and giving tax breaks for R&D into those models. And then give tax breaks to people who purchase them.

The key word there is "slowly". Any time the government gets to mucking around with supply, demand and the market, it can really screw things up if done too quickly.

Elctric cars, nuclear power, wind, solar, hydro......If we follow this plan then we will be TOTALLY independent of foreign oil. We would be able to build INDUSTRIES around these sources of energy. PLEASE my fellow Americans get behind this it is our ONLY hope to remain as the only dominant super power into the next century.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if we were all to just replace ONE of our household vehicles then we would be energy independant. If you just CAN'T accept a plug in car then go Diesel. The new BMWs and VWs have GREAT cars that have few of the older diesel problems have good performance any get GREAT MPG.

Please my fellow Americans I think this is something we can ALL get behind. US POWER and NO FOREIGN entanglements.

Like I said I was strongly opposed to more drilling but I have changed my mind about it. I think we need more refinery capacity to go with it though.
drilling here will allow more oil into the market and lower prices all around
it will also allow time to develop alternatives

Forum List

Back