Manaport Linked to Organized Crime

Is it illegal in the U.S. for a U.S. citizen to, outside of the U.S., launder money or be part and parcel of organized crime activities? I truly don't know for sure, but I'd think such things are outside U.S. jurisdiction, and I don't know whether one is prohibited from bringing the proceeds of non-U.S. illegal activity into the U.S.

BTW, I see the money laundering aspect of Manafort's activities. I don't see the "organized crime" aspect; moreover, I don't know that being linked to organized criminals is itself criminal.

Mind you, I am not defending Manafort or Mueller. I just don't like ambiguous, vague, inaccurate and/or unsoundly presented/supported depictions of, well, anything. If some other nation has brought a case against Manafort because of his dealings and interactions with organized criminals and laundering money for them, well, that's a wholly different matter, but AFAIK, nobody but the U.S. government has a current criminal case against Manafort.

Not in Orange Douche new America.

See RICO:
Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
Most nations cooperate with the US on RICO enforcement only where their own related laws are specifically broken
I'm not sure I know what you are communicating, vis a vis my remarks. I am sure I'm not going to read the whole RICO statute to figure out to what you might be alluding.

Is it illegal in the U.S. for a U.S. citizen to, outside of the U.S., launder money or be part and parcel of organized crime activities? I truly don't know for sure, but I'd think such things are outside U.S. jurisdiction, and I don't know whether one is prohibited from bringing the proceeds of non-U.S. illegal activity into the U.S.

BTW, I see the money laundering aspect of Manafort's activities. I don't see the "organized crime" aspect; moreover, I don't know that being linked to organized criminals is itself criminal.

Mind you, I am not defending Manafort or Mueller. I just don't like ambiguous, vague, inaccurate and/or unsoundly presented/supported depictions of, well, anything. If some other nation has brought a case against Manafort because of his dealings and interactions with organized criminals and laundering money for them, well, that's a wholly different matter, but AFAIK, nobody but the U.S. government has a current criminal case against Manafort.

See RICO:
Most nations cooperate with the US on RICO enforcement only where their own related laws are specifically broken
I'm not sure I know what you are communicating, vis a vis my remarks. I am sure I'm not going to read the whole RICO statute to figure out to what you might be alluding.

Corrupt Organizations Act.
Means being involved with or supporting of, say mobs. aka: organized criminals
Where money is transferred. Most of Manafort's clients are in the mobs.
Being paid by mobsters* and Money laundering is a classic connection of criminal act.

*(not in itself a crime if you prove you really did not know)

Last edited:

See RICO:

Oh, Lord. Yes. I know what the RICO Act is and is about. Did you miss that my remarks were themed around the question of jurisdiction and standing? (click the links and read what you find there) Without both those things, no matter can be brought before a U.S. court. The reason I remarked upon jurisdiction and standing are because much of what Manafort did happened outside the U.S.

As goes the money laundering aspects of Manafort's activities, there is surely a U.S. component to it. As goes the organized crime aspect, which is what this thread entreats to discuss, I'm far less certain.

See RICO:

Oh, Lord. Yes. I know what the RICO Act is and is about. Did you miss that my remarks were themed around the question of jurisdiction and standing? (click the links and read what you find there) Without both those things, no matter can be brought before a U.S. court. The reason I remarked upon jurisdiction and standing are because much of what Manafort did happened outside the U.S.

Will read. But all Americans outside of the US are subject to American laws still and country in. The only way you're not is if in Military or give up US Citizenship first. Before your criminal acts.

See RICO:

Will read. But all Americans outside of the US are subject to American laws still and country in. The only way you're not is if in Military or give up US Citizenship first. Before your criminal acts.

Seems to me it's time for you to brush up on international law and extraterritorial law. U.S. military personnel are subject to U.S. law no matter where they go. U.S. civilians are subject to U.S. law, with some exceptions, only in the U.S.

See RICO:

As goes the money laundering aspects of Manafort's activities, there is surely a U.S. component to it. As goes the organized crime aspect, which is what this thread entreats to discuss, I'm far less certain.

Your answer is in the link jurisdiction/ see ruling of case on appeal.
RUHRGAS AG, PETITIONER v.MARATHON OIL COMPANY et al.

ON WRIT OF CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALSFOR THE FIFTH CIRCUIT
May 17, 1999
NotFound

A suit between "citizens of a State and citizens or subjects of a foreign state" lies within federal diversity jurisdiction.

Last edited:

See RICO:

ON WRIT OF CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALSFOR THE FIFTH CIRCUIT

May 17, 1999

NotFound
A suit between "citizens of a State and citizens or subjects of a foreign state" lies within federal diversity jurisdiction.

What has that to do with Manafort? His case, which isn't a lawsuit at all but rather a criminal matter, is one in which the plaintiffs and defendant are American.

Out of curiosity, do you have any formal legal training?

Orange Turd really likes Semion Mogilevich.

trump calls him Mogil — Mogil the Mogul...

See RICO:

Seems to me it's time for you to brush up on international law and extraterritorial law. U.S. military personnel are subject to U.S. law no matter where they go. U.S. civilians are subject to U.S. law, with some exceptions, only in the U.S.

I know those above. I was trying to be simple.
If in the military at the time, it will be prosecuted by them. They
do enforce most federal laws.
Example:
If take someone on a boat 250 miles offshore, shoot them and dump the body. I was outside the US, in international waters. The case will end in a federal US court.

If I do it in a country we have a treaty with, they may just send them to us.
But say Mexico, would require no death penalty in the case.
Manafort has a US Passport, is American. IRS laws are always enforced. Right now the Mueller team just got Manafort's foreign bank information.(Cyprus turn over Manafort bank documents to Mueller) I forget the legal name, but if you go outside the US to do an illegal act, the US can change you for that act. It under all the Drug lord crimes act laws.

Last edited:

See RICO:

May 17, 1999

NotFound

What has that to do with Manafort? His case, which isn't a lawsuit at all but rather a criminal matter, is one in which the plaintiffs and defendant are American.

Out of curiosity, do you have any formal legal training?

It was your link. jurisdiction?. Manafort's is Federal. But can be a State as well, on other matters. Manafort is a criminal. He has lied in state courts most likely,
But surely on State Forms. Real Estate deals. Local State Taxes. etc.
The is A Great Douche type boy.

Last edited:

See RICO:

Example:
If take someone on a boat 250 miles offshore, shoot them and dump the body. I was outside the US, in international waters. The case will end in a federal US court.

Manafort has a US Passport, is American. IRS laws are always enforced. Right now the Mueller team just got Manafort's foreign bank information. I forget the legal name, but if you go outside the US to do an illegal act, the US can change you for that act. It under all the Drug lord crimes act laws.
Oh, never-f*cking-mind....

Example:

Manafort has a US Passport, is American. IRS laws are always enforced. Right now the Mueller team just got Manafort's foreign bank information. I forget the legal name, but if you go outside the US to do an illegal act, the US can change you for that act. It under all the Drug lord crimes act laws.
Oh, never-f*cking-mind....
Art Cohen vs. Donald J. Trump[edit]
Art Cohen vs. Donald J. Trump was a RICO[37] class action suit filed October 18, 2013,[38] accusing Donald Trump of misrepresenting Trump University "to make tens of millions of dollars" but delivering "neither Donald Trump nor a university."[37] The case was being heard in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California in San Diego, No. 3:2013cv02519,[39] by Judge Gonzalo P. Curiel.[38] It was scheduled for argument beginning November 28, 2016.[40] However, just 20 days before that date and shortly after Trump won the presidential election, this case and two others were settled for a total of $25 million and without any admission of wrongdoing by Trump.[41][42]

Forum List

Back