Man With Obama Sign Attacked In San Francisco

Yeah, they'd be the only three men not rollerskating around in tutu's.

:lol:

I was walking down Castro a few days ago, and I saw 5 completely naked men standing in front of a pizza place at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

Doesn't surpise me at all... one big freak show.

And yes, I've been to SF many many times... used to work on Beach Street right down the block from the Buena Vista. Got really pissed when they turned the Eagle's Nest cafe into basically a Stucky's. How's the Fiddler's Green these days?

Sorry about the "have you ever been here" crack. It's reflex, I'm trying to get out of the habit.

I just moved out here a few months ago, I'm just getting used to the city myself.

It's funny you should mention Fiddler's Green, it's the best bar I've found out here so far.

SAN FRANCISCO (BCN) – A man who set up a table with political literature and a sign supporting President Barack Obama was attacked in San Francisco’s North Panhandle neighborhood on Monday morning, a police captain said Tuesday.

The attack happened around 11:30 a.m. Monday in the 1200 block of Fell Street, where the victim, a 29-year-old Daly City man, had set up his table, said Capt. Denis O’Leary of the Police Department’s Park Station.

A man and woman approached the victim, tore one of the signs and shook the table, causing the political literature to fall to the ground.

The suspects also kicked the man in the hand, O’Leary said.

The man and woman, who had dogs with them, fled south on Broderick Street before officers arrived, and haven’t been located, O’Leary said.

The victim said the pair made “no mention of a political affiliation,” O’Leary said. “It’s just unusual that they took offense to him and his sign.”

Man With Obama Sign Attacked In San Francisco « CBS San Francisco

It can't be that hard to track them down. I mean, there are only like two or three conservatives in the whole city.

The fact is San Francisco is very cosmopolitan, only a bigoted moron would suggest otherwise (or an ignorant conservaitve who lives in the family basement and never left the family home).
The area described is only a few block from the famed Haight-Ashbury, and the Panhandle is an extension of Golden Gate Park.
Of course the OP hasn't the balls to post where he resides, but isn't that a characteristic of all RWers?
And btw, the homes on Fell street are all valued over $1,000,000 and as one goes up hill from the panhandle the values increase substantially. Nearby are the University of San Francisco and the University of California at San Francisco; St Mary's Hospital (where Joe Montana had back surgery) and (as noted) Golden Gate Park.
Further up the hill to the North is Presidio Heights, there one will find foreign missions with veiws overlooking SF Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Pacific Ocean.
Notwithstanding all of that San Francisco is diverse and even RW morons are tolerated (laughed at to be sure) but never attacked or assaulted.

How much do some of those properties that overlook SF bay run you. I was there about a month ago and have to admit that its one helluva view.

It can't be that hard to track them down. I mean, there are only like two or three conservatives in the whole city.

The fact is San Francisco is very cosmopolitan, only a bigoted moron would suggest otherwise (or an ignorant conservaitve who lives in the family basement and never left the family home).
The area described is only a few block from the famed Haight-Ashbury, and the Panhandle is an extension of Golden Gate Park.
Of course the OP hasn't the balls to post where he resides, but isn't that a characteristic of all RWers?
And btw, the homes on Fell street are all valued over $1,000,000 and as one goes up hill from the panhandle the values increase substantially. Nearby are the University of San Francisco and the University of California at San Francisco; St Mary's Hospital (where Joe Montana had back surgery) and (as noted) Golden Gate Park.
Further up the hill to the North is Presidio Heights, there one will find foreign missions with veiws overlooking SF Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Pacific Ocean.
Notwithstanding all of that San Francisco is diverse and even RW morons are tolerated (laughed at to be sure) but never attacked or assaulted.

How much do some of those properties that overlook SF bay run you. I was there about a month ago and have to admit that its one helluva view.

Quite a lot. Presidio Heights is probably the most expensive neighborhood in the second most expensive city in the Country.

I was walking down Castro a few days ago, and I saw 5 completely naked men standing in front of a pizza place at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

And yes, I've been to SF many many times... used to work on Beach Street right down the block from the Buena Vista. Got really pissed when they turned the Eagle's Nest cafe into basically a Stucky's. How's the Fiddler's Green these days?

Sorry about the "have you ever been here" crack. It's reflex, I'm trying to get out of the habit.

I just moved out here a few months ago, I'm just getting used to the city myself.

It's funny you should mention Fiddler's Green, it's the best bar I've found out here so far.

Believe me, I've hit a few bars in that city... it had more personality then most of them put together. You had a real down to Earth crowd... none of the "plastic people".

There's a cool little place called "Liverpool Lil's" over in Cow Hollow that is pretty neat too.

Last edited:
SAN FRANCISCO (BCN) – A man who set up a table with political literature and a sign supporting President Barack Obama was attacked in San Francisco’s North Panhandle neighborhood on Monday morning, a police captain said Tuesday.

The attack happened around 11:30 a.m. Monday in the 1200 block of Fell Street, where the victim, a 29-year-old Daly City man, had set up his table, said Capt. Denis O’Leary of the Police Department’s Park Station.

A man and woman approached the victim, tore one of the signs and shook the table, causing the political literature to fall to the ground.

The suspects also kicked the man in the hand, O’Leary said.

The man and woman, who had dogs with them, fled south on Broderick Street before officers arrived, and haven’t been located, O’Leary said.

The victim said the pair made “no mention of a political affiliation,” O’Leary said. “It’s just unusual that they took offense to him and his sign.”

Man With Obama Sign Attacked In San Francisco « CBS San Francisco

Why do you assume it was a conservative? It is very possible it was some far left anti war nut, upset about Libya, Afghanistan and Gitmo! In fact I would wager seeing how it happened in San Fran that it is highly likely that is the case.

Now we know where Ravi and rdean were yesterday.

Believe me, I've hit a few bars in that city... it had more personality then most of them put together. You had a real down to Earth crowd... none of the "plastic people".

There's a cool little place called "Liverpool Lil's" over in Cow Hollow that is pretty neat too.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

I'm one of those obsessive people who needs to know everything about the city they live in, so I'm constantly trying to find all the coolest places in the city.

Thanks for the geography lesson asshole.

Fuck you punk. I was raised in the neighborhood. In 1968 I was on leave (Navy) and saw the fucked up long hairs form the south hanging out, smoking dope in the Haight. I thought the fools from the South I met in boot camp were stupid, of course they were from Texas and Arkansas. On active duty I met a few from Mississippi, Alabama and Lousisiana and learned what truly stupid was. Your stupdity reinforeces what I learned over 40 years ago.

The punk actually has been to The City (my guess he was cruising for some gay enjoyment). "Liverpool Lil's" however is not in Cow Hollow, it's on the edge of the Presidio on the downhill side of Presidio Heights and across Lombard from the Marina, on Lyon St.
The fact that he suggests only two or three conservatives live in The City suggest one thing, he's scored guite often with gays who had to leave the South and Mid-West because of the bigots in their home town.

The punk actually has been to The City (my guess he was cruising for some gay enjoyment). "Liverpool Lil's" however is not in Cow Hollow, it's on the edge of the Presidio on the downhill side of Presidio Heights and across Lombard from the Marina, on Lyon St.
The fact that he suggests only two or three conservatives live in The City suggest one thing, he's scored guite often with gays who had to leave the South and Mid-West because of the bigots in their home town.

Actually you hate filled nitwit, I suggested no such thing.

And what's your problem with the gays? Again, thanks for the geography lesson. I didn't live there, just a frequent business visitor. I went there with some folks that lived on Broderick Street... I assumed it was in Cow Hollow.

:lol:

Forum List

Back