Man with gun ends stabbing spree at Utah store

It did not stop him from stabbing people.

Good point.

I'm always curious about the "concealed" business though. Wouldn't you want the guy with the knife to see that you're packing heat instead of having to whip out your heater and smoke the bastard (heard that in a movie).

Studies have shown that open-carry protects only the person who is carrying. Concealed-carry protects the community at large, because the criminals can never be sure ahead of time who's dangerous and who isn't.

Again, you're not going to stop all crime. Not ever, no matter what you do.

You know what concealed carry people call open carry people?

First victim.

Produce a knife as means of projecting force and I am shooting you.

You might very well go to prison in doing so. Do you understand the use of Reasnable Force in the law?

Have you read "The Stranger" By Albert Camus?

Ask any L.O. about the rules of engagement when a person comes at them with a knife or a large stick for that matter.

GuyPinestra

Cannot wait for you to begin

Happy to. You can start by telling us how the man in the OP was wrong for stopping an armed assault by pulling his gun and NOT having to shoot anyone.

You can also tell us how wrong Kennesaw is for mandating gun possession and lowering their violent crime and burglary rates by over 50%.

You might also want to explain your position that somehow your desire for more gun laws will change any of the 'statistics' that you bewail.

Go!

You miss this, NoNutz??

Or what you think may be a knife...

Hope a steak knife salesman doesn't bring samples to your door.

It's amazing what passes for common sense nowadays.

A steak knife salesman who BRANDISHES a weapon -- is not gonna last very long are they? Maybe the ski mask or the eye tats would give him away..

Common sense and self-preservation.. You don't discharge a gun until you see a threat.
If you can -- you display the weapon, issue a challenge and let the "steakknife saleman" calculate his intentions. If they advance on you in menacing fashion after that -- they are history..

What part of that do you have a problem with?

BTW: Do you carry Pepper Spray? Probably should in your busy life.. I bought some for my daughter before I sent her to college.
Or do you have no need at all for self-protection?

Last edited:

A steak knife salesman who BRANDISHES a weapon -- is not gonna last very long are they? Maybe the ski mask or the eye tats would give him away..

Common sense and self-preservation.. You don't discharge a gun until you see a threat.
If you can -- you display the weapon, issue a challenge and let the "steakknife saleman" calculate his intentions. If they advance on you in menacing fashion after that -- they are history..

What part of that do you have a problem with?

BTW: Do you carry Pepper Spray? Probably should in your busy life.. I bought some for my daughter before I sent her to college.
Or do you have no need at all for self-protection?

Yes or if you're in Florida, you put your affairs in order if you're going to sell steak, shrimp or walk down to the 7/11 for Skittles apparently.
Of course what every gun proponent fails to state is that the criminal is wrong for this and wrong for that 100% of the time--this is true--but gee, gun owners are never wrong in their threat assessment?

Last edited:

Steak knife salesmen use their product to project force ?

They don't have to. All that has to happen is the gun owner has to think they are projecting force. Or are all gun owners infailable in threat assessment?

They don't have to. All that has to happen is the gun owner has to think they are projecting force. Or are all gun owners infailable in threat assessment?

Not really. There is one in presently in jail for shooting a salesman.

Project force with a weapon = get shot. Not a hard concept.

Not really. There is one in presently in jail for shooting a salesman.

Project force with a weapon = get shot. Not a hard concept.

"Yes Mr. Smith...I have some samples to show you. I'll just reach into my brief..."

Blammo.

They let the guy in Florida go who shot the salesman?

Florida Door-To-Door Lobster Salesman Shot And Killed For “Trespassing” [Video]

It wouldn't surprise me.

"Yes Mr. Smith...I have some samples to show you. I'll just reach into my brief..."

Blammo.

That would be a crime. Go to jail and due process.

If evidence leads a jury to convict. Jail for life.

Yes it would. Of course the guy who pulled the gun will say, "I felt threatened." FoxNews will take up his cause; there'll be threads here condemning the salesman for reaching into the briefcase and not properly identifying himself--I'm surprised you guys haven't rushed to the defense of the psycho in Florida as you did with Zimmerman's offing of Martin; as many left wing loons here making idiotic comments as well.

The salesman will still be dead.

Forum List

Back