Man with gun ends stabbing spree at Utah store

CaféAuLait;5699535 said:
They probably want the shooter Prosecuted

Maybe, or they just don't want people to know that people with guns don't always do bad things...

I'm surprised it made the news at all. To hear gun proponents commentary; this sort of thing happens all the time.

Actually IT DOES!!!

Used to be a monthly feature in the one of the gun magazines. First site I found for example.. Home | The Armed Citizen

Detroit, Michigan: Pizza delivery man fights back after being ambushed
on Monday, February 21, 2011
WXYZ: A pizza delivery driver with a concealed carry permit used his gun to defend himself after three men tried to rob him.

Belgrade, Nebraska: Shooting called self-defense
on Friday, February 18, 2011
Omaha World Herald: A man fired in self-defense after another man he met at a bar attempted to break into his house following an altercation.

Wauconda, Illinois: Pharmacist shoots robbery suspect
on Thursday, February 17, 2011
Chicago Tribune: A man armed with a knife demanded drugs from two employees at a Wauconda drug store. After refusing to surrender, the pharmacist fired a shot, sending the intruder to the hospital.

Boston, Massachusetts: Store Clerk Shoots Man In Botched Robbery
The Boston Channel: An armed robber was shot by an armed clerk in Boston. **Note** Due to the increase in effort and labor to paraphrase every article brought on by the Righthaven lawsuits, The Armed Citizen is going to be moving more towards link-only, with maybe a sentence describing the nature of the crime. The [...]

Ex-Temple Law student not guilty in shooting
on Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Ex-Temple Law student not guilty in shooting This is an update to a defensive gun use story posted on the archives before Righthaven forced us to remove them.

Armed Pastor Holds Thieves for Police
KRIS TV An armed pastor confronted two juveniles attempting to steal from a church remodeling project. The teens first pleaded, then threatened, the pastor, who held the men for police.

Sacramento, California: Would-be robbers flee after market employee fires gun in air
on Friday, February 11, 2011
Sacramento Bee: Four men in ski masks and armed with a pistol tried to hold up a Sacramento Market. The owner denied the robbers by firing a shot in the air, prompting their quick retreat. Thanks to Eddie for the tip!

Hazleton, Pennsylvania: Home invasion intruder killed
on Thursday, February 10, 2011
The Standard Speaker: A female homeowner shot one of several intruders breaking into her home in Pennsylvania. The woman was wounded but is expected to recover; one intruder was killed, the others retreated.

Indianapolis, Indiana: Man fatally shot during car break-in
on Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Indianapolis Star: An armed homeless man confronted two citizens and tried to break into their car. The owners were present, but rather than complying with the gunman’s demands, they drew weapons of their own, shooting the would-be robber. Neither armed citizen has been charged. Thanks to Earl for the tip!

I kept clips of these back in the late 90s because I was appalled at how the NATIONAL media ignored these stories. Used to be 5 or 6 grannies a month -- holding scumbags at gunpoint. If I remember at the time -- the DOJ's own statistics were about 10,000 per month armed citizen defenses a month. With the large majority of them ending without a shot fired..

CaféAuLait;5699535 said:
Maybe, or they just don't want people to know that people with guns don't always do bad things...

I'm surprised it made the news at all. To hear gun proponents commentary; this sort of thing happens all the time.

Actually IT DOES!!!

Used to be a monthly feature in the one of the gun magazines. First site I found for example.. Home*|*The Armed Citizen

WXYZ: A pizza delivery driver with a concealed carry permit used his gun to defend himself after three men tried to rob him.

Omaha World Herald: A man fired in self-defense after another man he met at a bar attempted to break into his house following an altercation.

Chicago Tribune: A man armed with a knife demanded drugs from two employees at a Wauconda drug store. After refusing to surrender, the pharmacist fired a shot, sending the intruder to the hospital.

The Boston Channel: An armed robber was shot by an armed clerk in Boston. **Note** Due to the increase in effort and labor to paraphrase every article brought on by the Righthaven lawsuits, The Armed Citizen is going to be moving more towards link-only, with maybe a sentence describing the nature of the crime. The [...]

Ex-Temple Law student not guilty in shooting This is an update to a defensive gun use story posted on the archives before Righthaven forced us to remove them.

KRIS TV An armed pastor confronted two juveniles attempting to steal from a church remodeling project. The teens first pleaded, then threatened, the pastor, who held the men for police.

Sacramento, California: Would-be robbers flee after market employee fires gun in air
Sacramento Bee: Four men in ski masks and armed with a pistol tried to hold up a Sacramento Market. The owner denied the robbers by firing a shot in the air, prompting their quick retreat. Thanks to Eddie for the tip!

The Standard Speaker: A female homeowner shot one of several intruders breaking into her home in Pennsylvania. The woman was wounded but is expected to recover; one intruder was killed, the others retreated.

Indianapolis Star: An armed homeless man confronted two citizens and tried to break into their car. The owners were present, but rather than complying with the gunman’s demands, they drew weapons of their own, shooting the would-be robber. Neither armed citizen has been charged. Thanks to Earl for the tip!

I kept clips of these back in the late 90s because I was appalled at how the NATIONAL media ignored these stories. Used to be 5 or 6 grannies a month -- holding scumbags at gunpoint. If I remember at the time -- the DOJ's own statistics were about 10,000 per month armed citizen defenses a month. With the large majority of them ending without a shot fired..

its a nice try, for every one of those I could give you 2000 example of how it ended differently. it would take forever but if you reallywant pm me and I will take them time to do it

sure it does, it is a representation of what lawless guncontrol can be like, UNDERSTAND the whole situation. answer me this.....you have mental problems, you make up your mind you gonna kill someone, your telling me your first thought will be "hey im gonna shank him witha spoon"? and i use the mental problems analogy because that seems to be the usual response when ever its comes to these issues

Actually --- it's YOUR fault.. For believing that Government does anything in a competent manner -- even if lives are at stake.

Guns are not sold to people deemed mentally unstable -- yet the states and cities DO NOT in general even attempt to pass along the court records to the Background Check bureau.

Editorial: Loophole lets mentally ill buy guns

Bizarrely, though, even if Loughner had been ordered into treatment, there's a good chance he would have had no problem passing a background check to buy a gun. That's because only a handful of states bother to pass along all the records of those formally judged to be mentally ill to the federal background check database that gun dealers must consult.

The consequences are tragically measurable. Seung Hui Cho, who slaughtered 32 people at Virginia Tech University in 2007, was free to buy the pistols that he used even though a judge had found him to be mentally ill. Virginia never reported that fact, and he had no trouble passing gun-store background checks.

Virginia has since become one of the most diligent states in reporting those with mental illness, but it's an exception. An exhaustive report in November by the group Mayors Against Illegal Guns found that most states appear to under-report, and some hardly bother to comply at all.

You just have too much faith that MORE govt will suddenly make the system run with the efficiency and low error rates of Fed Ex..

Last edited:
gotta be a texas woman with that talk, yeah honestly, if your read what I said you would unserstand, also amends are just that, they should be UPDATED with the times. also bitch, when did I say anything about when efforts at gun control where started? NO WHERE so take ur ass back to a state that doesent even want to be a state, fuck some people, oh and the 2nd amend was drafted in 1791 time for an UPDATE.......

Arizona, shitstain. You got a problem with that?

And I KNOW you didn't just try to tell me that your incoherent, illiterate rants are so brilliant and insightful that the only possible reason I could be telling you that you're an ignorant piece of trash is because I just didn't read them and absorb their "wisdom.

Let me clarify: I read your post. I understood your post. And then I wholeheartedly rejected your post as resembling something I would find in my cat's litter box after he scarfed down a box of chocolates.

If you want to "update" the Constitution with the times, flatliner, feel free to try to convince a large number of people to be as dimwitted as you are and pass whatever Amendments you and the rest of the Mouthbreathing Mouseketeers think are appropriate. Good luck with that. In the meantime, the law is what it is, and we won't be ignoring it just because someone whose two brain cells have to shout at each other to be heard over the vast, echoing distance between them thinks it's a good idea.

Arizona is perfectly happy being a state. It is unhappy about having its rights as a state ignored and the safety of its people blown off by a bunch of fools who make laws about the border while living nowhere near it.

Now, is there anything you didn't understand here that I need to clarify further?

oh your from the jan brewer state, ha enough said on that or to you before i catch the dumb fuck bug

You are so far over your pointed little head trying to keep up with Cecille, just go beat the shit out of yourself with a baseball bat and call it a night....it will hurt a lot less. :badgrin:

Actually IT DOES!!!

Used to be a monthly feature in the one of the gun magazines. First site I found for example.. Home*|*The Armed Citizen

its a nice try, for every one of those I could give you 2000 example of how it ended differently. it would take forever but if you reallywant pm me and I will take them time to do it

Ya SURE??? 10,000 successful gun defenses a month is a lot of happy people.. Go ahead try to find 10,000 unsuccessful defenses --- no gang-bangers, no criminals.. No need to PM me...

I've got a stories of 100 grannies living today because they kept a gun in their house.

gotta be a texas woman with that talk, yeah honestly, if your read what I said you would unserstand, also amends are just that, they should be UPDATED with the times. also bitch, when did I say anything about when efforts at gun control where started? NO WHERE so take ur ass back to a state that doesent even want to be a state, fuck some people, oh and the 2nd amend was drafted in 1791 time for an UPDATE.......

And I KNOW you didn't just try to tell me that your incoherent, illiterate rants are so brilliant and insightful that the only possible reason I could be telling you that you're an ignorant piece of trash is because I just didn't read them and absorb their "wisdom.

Let me clarify: I read your post. I understood your post. And then I wholeheartedly rejected your post as resembling something I would find in my cat's litter box after he scarfed down a box of chocolates.

If you want to "update" the Constitution with the times, flatliner, feel free to try to convince a large number of people to be as dimwitted as you are and pass whatever Amendments you and the rest of the Mouthbreathing Mouseketeers think are appropriate. Good luck with that. In the meantime, the law is what it is, and we won't be ignoring it just because someone whose two brain cells have to shout at each other to be heard over the vast, echoing distance between them thinks it's a good idea.

Arizona is perfectly happy being a state. It is unhappy about having its rights as a state ignored and the safety of its people blown off by a bunch of fools who make laws about the border while living nowhere near it.

Now, is there anything you didn't understand here that I need to clarify further?

oh your from the jan brewer state, ha enough said on that or to you before i catch the dumb fuck bug

You don't really have to tell us you're a dipshit with nothing to say and no responses. We can already see that, believe me. Still, it was courteous of you to give us formal notice of your unconditional surrender.

Actually IT DOES!!!

Actually pardner -- the DOJ says you're wrong.. These numbers are dated, but I doubt the situation has changed that much since I clipped this YEARS ago...

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/ascii/hvfsdaft.txt

About three-fourths of the victims who used firearms for
self-defense did so during a crime of violence, 1987-92

Average annual number of victimizations
in which victims used firearms to defend
themselves or their property

All crimes 82,500 30,600 51,900
Total violent crime 62,200 25,500 36,700

With injury 12,100 7,300 4,900
Without injury 50,000 18,200 31,800

Theft, burglary,
motor vehicle theft 20,300 5,100 15,200

Last edited:
I only found it on a couple local sites, other stories came up, OBVIOUSLY.

CaféAuLait;5699535 said:
They probably want the shooter Prosecuted

It happens 2.5 million times a year.

It goes unreported because that is not the agenda of the government.

CaféAuLait;5699535 said:

Actually IT DOES!!!

I saw this on your site:

Kansas law change may allow even blind to carry concealed

God help us all.

So 10,000 a month.

That is about one every 4 minutes. Forgive me if I don't buy the statistic you offered.

CaféAuLait;5699535 said:

It happens 2.5 million times a year.

It goes unreported because that is not the agenda of the government.

2.5 Million Times a Year?

You have it happening about 5 times per minute. I'm guessing the "stats" would reflect that it isn't really taking place much at 0700 so at a time like this at night; it's what, happening 20 times a minute natiionwide?

:eusa_shifty: Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

CaféAuLait;5700174 said:
How about this, lets arm every person in the usa, legal age to buya gun 6 yours old. Lets let vigolanties carry out justice and lets call it a day, seeing as everyone wants no gun regulation and we have already more guns per person than any other nation, OR lets face facts, PEOPLE use GUNs to kill people. So if i see a fist fight where one guy is stopming the others head in, should I shoot him? What about a fight outside of a hockey game in the street where there are 20 vs 20 and I "feel like my life is in danger" and just mow those fucker down, or the best yet, let me go buy fully auto guns and extended clips and strap on some body armor and go have a shoot out that lasts 3 hours cause I outgun the police in everyway, hell why not allow privatge citizes access to rocket launchers.......this tea party shit is so fucking annoying YOU the TEA PARTY people are the real danger to our country, how many terror attacks have been on the US soil on mainland USA? now how many were a forien threat and how many where homegrowntea party fucks like some of you who play army on the weekends? fuck tarded tea party fools, you know the REAL tea party was about taxation with out representation, you fuck tards are even smart enough to know your little tiny movment in the modern era is false so why would us NORMAL people trust your judgment when it comes to gun violence, as a tea party people once told me in NJ(cheristy lover)2+2=5......hmmmm

Wow, legal age to buy a gun, 6 years old? You assume I am a Tea Partier?

Did you read the article, NO SHOTS were fired and people’s lives were saved. The people wounded were nearly killed with a knife.

I have news for you before the Tea Party existed people were for Gun rights.

Carry on with your hyperbole though...

Oh right you mean when we were not even a country and people used ball muskets to hunt rabbits and shit, not full auto hand guns with extended mags......you know the 2nd amend. was when we DID NOT have a fully functional and standing army right? so militias were used as defence, So are you telling me the united states should disband our military and revert back to how and why the 2nd rmend. was written? should we have town militias defending our boarders? and the 6 year old reference was to Yemen who is 2nd in the world with guns per captia and they arm 6 year olds.......

The 2nd Ammendment is about the people having the ability to overthrow a illegitimate government silly person. As such in US v Miller in 1934 the Supreme Court ruled that sawed off shotguns could be regulated because they had "no usefull military purpose".
That ruling makes very clear that "assault weapons" are the exact class of weapon that the founders were protecting with the 2nd Ammendment.

Think of the Bill of Rights as nine limitations on what government can do and one final option.

You are so far over your pointed little head trying to keep up with Cecille, just go beat the shit out of yourself with a baseball bat and call it a night....it will hurt a lot less. :badgrin:

Aww, shucks. You're too kind. :redface:

Actually IT DOES!!!

No, you couldn't. I doubt you could come up with 2,000, let alone 2,000 for every one incident of armed citizen defenses.

Actually IT DOES!!!

I saw this on your site:

God help us all.

So 10,000 a month.

That is about one every 4 minutes. Forgive me if I don't buy the statistic you offered.

Sorry Candy -- if you don't buy it --- then you;re not reading my posts. I gave a set of statistics from the DOJ --- DID YOU SEE THEM?? Showing 86,000 defenses with guns a year. I'll even edit in the post number for you.. http://www.usmessageboard.com/5700613-post47.html

Now Yes -- I know that's not 100,000.. I was being CONSERVATIVE.. Because the DOJ stats are just for incidents where paperwork is filled out.. SEVERAL reputable academic studies put the number at more than 200,000 per year.. The DOJ doesn't lie -- DOES IT?

Last edited:
Actually IT DOES!!!

I saw this on your site:

God help us all.

So 10,000 a month.

Sorry Candy -- if you don't buy it --- then you;re not reading my posts. I gave a set of statistics from the DOJ --- DID YOU SEE THEM?? Showing 86,000 defenses with guns a year. I'll even edit in the post number for you.. http://www.usmessageboard.com/5700613-post47.html

Now Yes -- I know that's not 100,000.. I was being CONSERVATIVE.. Because the DOJ stats are just for incidents where paperwork is filled out.. SEVERAL reputable academic studies put the number at more than 200,000 per year.. The DOJ doesn't lie -- DOES IT?
Re-post your link. I followed the one in the USMB link you just gave. It gives me a 404 error. I need to see what they're calling a "defense".

So in the time it takes you to read this message and respond (about 4 minutes), someone in the US fended off an "attack" with a firearm...is this what you're saying?

Last edited:
I saw this on your site:

God help us all.

So 10,000 a month.

Re-post your link. I followed the one in the USMB link you just gave. It gives me a 404 error. I need to see what they're calling a "defense".

So in the time it takes you to read this message and respond (about 4 minutes), someone in the US fended off an "attack" with a firearm...is this what you're saying?

Yeah.. Exactly.. Not so hard to believe if you consider how many calls to police for personal assault or property crime occurs every minute. In general, these have better outcomes when a citizen is capable of warding off the crime or defending themselves..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5700613-post47.html

Or I'll repost it HERE...

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/ascii/hvfsdaft.txt

About three-fourths of the victims who used firearms for
self-defense did so during a crime of violence, 1987-92

Average annual number of victimizations
in which victims used firearms to defend
themselves or their property

All crimes 82,500 30,600 51,900
Total violent crime 62,200 25,500 36,700

With injury 12,100 7,300 4,900
Without injury 50,000 18,200 31,800

Theft, burglary,
motor vehicle theft 20,300 5,100 15,200

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;5699411 said:
Man with gun ends stabbing spree at Utah store

SALT LAKE CITY - A man with a gun is being credited with stopping another man who allegedly began stabbing people at a grocery store in Utah Thursday.

ABC4.com said the suspect bought a knife inside the Smith’s store, stood in the foyer, and began stabbing people.

See below to watch video

Two people were seriously injured, including one person who was stabbed in the stomach and another who was stabbed in the head and arms, according to the article.

Read more: Report: Man with gun ends stabbing spree at Utah store

I wonder why MSNBC erased the story?

I first saw this story via social media and was directed to a link at MSNBC they now have removed the story from their site:

We cannot find the page you requested.

Error 404

The link you followed may be broken or expired. Please try your link again or take a look at the blog's homepage

You can also view today's top news at msnbc.com.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ng-spree-at-salt-lake-city-grocery-store?lite

Top link:

man stops s - Google Search

How about this, lets arm every person in the usa, legal age to buya gun 6 yours old. Lets let vigolanties carry out justice and lets call it a day, seeing as everyone wants no gun regulation and we have already more guns per person than any other nation, OR lets face facts, PEOPLE use GUNs to kill people. So if i see a fist fight where one guy is stopming the others head in, should I shoot him? What about a fight outside of a hockey game in the street where there are 20 vs 20 and I "feel like my life is in danger" and just mow those fucker down, or the best yet, let me go buy fully auto guns and extended clips and strap on some body armor and go have a shoot out that lasts 3 hours cause I outgun the police in everyway, hell why not allow privatge citizes access to rocket launchers.......this tea party shit is so fucking annoying YOU the TEA PARTY people are the real danger to our country, how many terror attacks have been on the US soil on mainland USA? now how many were a forien threat and how many where homegrowntea party fucks like some of you who play army on the weekends? fuck tarded tea party fools, you know the REAL tea party was about taxation with out representation, you fuck tards are even smart enough to know your little tiny movment in the modern era is false so why would us NORMAL people trust your judgment when it comes to gun violence, as a tea party people once told me in NJ(cheristy lover)2+2=5......hmmmm

You know who uses guns to kill people? gangbangers that's who. A bunch of minority gangbangers who live in ghettos, gangbangers who aren't legally qualified to own a gun.

Do you think normal middle class people are shooting one another at epic rates?? NO....

Now you go to the ghetto where the blacks and Mexicans live and there is epic violence. Of course progressive idiots would never admit that and attempt to portray all this violence is being committed by white middle class males who legally own guns..

I say fuck yea arm people.... Where I live everyone owns guns but no one gets shot...

People get shot in the ghetto - 95% of homicides are "gang related" or occurred in ghettos.

Forum List

Back