Man who Burned a Quran Fired from Transit Job... I smell... LAWSUIT!

No...basically, I am making a your employer can fire you any time he wants, for any type of reason type of of argument. At will employment

Merely deliniating specific cases an employer may choose to fire you

okay so you're not making a judgment it appears.

do you think he should have been fired?

Yes

You embarass your employer you should be fired. No different than if he burned a flag on national TV

As a general note;

call me a cynic but; if a protest by Muslims resulted in one of them burning a bible and he/she was fired from a county, state, fed. job with the same stipulations ravi posted above, I suspect we’d be hearing a great deal more about 1st amend. rights and what a travesty the firing is and that the employer is punishing them for a display of free speech and that this is just another example of a anit-muslim bias......am I wrong?

Not from me..

I would still look at it as an open act of religious intollerance. I still hold the first ammendment does not protect you from facing consequences for what you say or do

This is a page out of the theater of the absurd.

Fenton has a job function of punching little holes in train tickets. For that function, the STATE pays him a living wage, top of the line health care benefits, retirement benefits, liberal sick and vacation leave, etc..

Fenton claims membership in an anti-STATIST organization, and makes a public display out of burning some religion's sacred scripture.

After the STATE, who's teat Fenton has been sucking, finds out about it, they fire him, claiming his actions reflect badly on their institution.

The liberal commie ACLU jumps into the fray and supports Fenton's right to be a hypocrite asshat. They're joined by wingnuts, who used to claim that an employer has the right to hire and fire for whatever reason they want.

Mel Brooks would be at a loss to come up with a scenario like this.

Meltdown. Communist meltdown.

Islamic law is here and now. But it is enforced not by the fatwas of ayatollahs or mullahs of the Islamic umma, but by the arbitrary powers of psuedo-ayatollahs and faux-mullahs of the American state — in this case, the New Jersey Transit Authority. Elevating Islam’s law above our Constitution, these government officials have chosen to punish the “blasphemer,” in the process devaluing and, indeed, ceding our constitutional rights to speech and protest. All NJ Transit is missing is a banner saying: “9/11/01, Mission Accomplished.”

Sharia Transit Authority

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Creeping Sharia...

As a general note;

call me a cynic but; if a protest by Muslims resulted in one of them burning a bible and he/she was fired from a county, state, fed. job with the same stipulations ravi posted above, I suspect we’d be hearing a great deal more about 1st amend. rights and what a travesty the firing is and that the employer is punishing them for a display of free speech and that this is just another example of a anit-muslim bias......am I wrong?
Yes...as a matter of fact, you are wrong. I would personally fire anyone that burned any sacred text if they were in my employ. I cannot afford to lose business.

People would have to believe a religion is sacred to be able to respect that religion. Even satanic worship is considered a religion.
SACRED, adj. Dedicated to some religious purpose; having a divine character; inspiring solemn thoughts or emotions; as, the Dalai Lama of Thibet; the Moogum of M'bwango; the temple of Apes in Ceylon; the Cow in India; the Crocodile, the Cat and the Onion of ancient Egypt; the Mufti of Moosh; the hair of the dog that bit Noah, etc.

All things are either sacred or profane. The former to ecclesiasts bring gain; The latter to the devil appertain. Dumbo Omohundro

Source: THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY ((C)1911 Released April 15 1993)

This is the problem with being politically correct most do not know what it is they are talking about.

Islamic law is here and now. But it is enforced not by the fatwas of ayatollahs or mullahs of the Islamic umma, but by the arbitrary powers of psuedo-ayatollahs and faux-mullahs of the American state — in this case, the New Jersey Transit Authority. Elevating Islam’s law above our Constitution, these government officials have chosen to punish the “blasphemer,” in the process devaluing and, indeed, ceding our constitutional rights to speech and protest. All NJ Transit is missing is a banner saying: “9/11/01, Mission Accomplished.”

Sharia Transit Authority

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Creeping Sharia...

:clap2:

:)

peace...

Every once in a while, the ACLU takes on a noble cause.

A former New Jersey Transit train conductor fired two days after publicly burning pages from the Quran on Sept. 11 is suing to get his job back.

The American Civil Liberties Union filed suit Friday morning on behalf of Derek Fenton.

Fenton burned part of the Quran to protest plans to build an Islamic center several blocks from the former site of the World Trade Center in New York City.

Police ushered him from the scene but he was not arrested. NJ Transit said it fired him for violating its code of ethics.

The 39-year-old Fenton, who lives in northern New Jersey, had worked for the agency for 11 years.

The lawsuit claims Fenton's constitutional right to free expression was violated. It seeks his reinstatement and monetary damages.

NJ Conductor Who Burned Qaran To Sue Over Firing - New Jersey 101.5 FM

Predictions?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Every once in a while, the ACLU takes on a noble cause.

A former New Jersey Transit train conductor fired two days after publicly burning pages from the Quran on Sept. 11 is suing to get his job back.

The American Civil Liberties Union filed suit Friday morning on behalf of Derek Fenton.

Fenton burned part of the Quran to protest plans to build an Islamic center several blocks from the former site of the World Trade Center in New York City.

Police ushered him from the scene but he was not arrested. NJ Transit said it fired him for violating its code of ethics.

The 39-year-old Fenton, who lives in northern New Jersey, had worked for the agency for 11 years.

The lawsuit claims Fenton's constitutional right to free expression was violated. It seeks his reinstatement and monetary damages.

NJ Conductor Who Burned Qaran To Sue Over Firing - New Jersey 101.5 FM

Predictions?

Did I Smell a Lawsuit, or did I Smell a Lawsuit?... ;)

And I would have to see the Context of the Case and the Circumstances...

I would Assume that he will get a Settlement as Opposed to a Verdict.

:)

peace...

it won`t hurt my feelings if they burnt all the korans,and snuffed islam out like it should be
it is a government based on their cultist form of laws,nor a peaceful religion like the leftist media and the leftist politicians claims

it won`t hurt my feelings if they burnt all the korans,and snuffed islam out like it should be
it is a government based on their cultist form of laws,nor a peaceful religion like the leftist media and the leftist politicians claims

Southern man
better keep your head
Don't forget
what your good book said
Southern change
gonna come at last
Now your crosses
are burning fast
Southern man

Some things never change

Forum List

Back