Man Walking Dogs Beaten By Police for Taking Their Picture

That video doesn't show anything other than two cops beating the crap out of some guy for no apparent reason.

He was told to move along and he didn't so they ask him for ID he refused, they attempted to place handcuffs on him, which is standard procedure, he resisted, they used neccesary force to get the man to comply.

Shit like that happens all the time, it's no big deal.

It's no "big deal" if you live in Nazi Germany.

Last time I looked, we don't.

That video doesn't show anything other than two cops beating the crap out of some guy for no apparent reason.

He was told to move along and he didn't so they ask him for ID he refused, they attempted to place handcuffs on him, which is standard procedure, he resisted, they used neccesary force to get the man to comply.

You should get out of your parents basement every once in a while and see how the real world works.

The slope is just as slippery from your POV.

Offenders who actually committed a crime and that resist arrest are going to do so regardless. It's always been an issue and always will.

I have to defend a citizen's right to protect himself from unwarranted police abuse. I'd rather err on that side, than on the side of even more unmitigated police authority. They've been given ENOUGH authority in the last few decades.

I would agree with you IF there was not a system of redress already established to remedy this exact situation.
6. Don’t resist arrest. Above all, do not push the police or try to swat their hands away. That would be assaulting an officer and any slight injury to them will turn your minor misdemeanor arrest into a felony. A petty shoplifter can wind up going to state prison that way. Resisting arrest (such as pulling away) is merely a misdemeanor and often the police do not even charge that offense. Obviously, striking an officer can result in serious injury to you as well.

Well let's be clear, I don't advocate getting physical with the cops.

Pulling your hands away and taking the misdemeanor that will be thrown out anyway is well within justification in my book.

If they want to beat the shit out of you over it, so be it.

That man who just tried to help a motorist out in a situation he witnessed is now going to not only remain a free man, but potentially even win a lawsuit that in my book is definitely justified. And a couple of asshole cops might even lose their jobs in the process.

Dude wins, cops lose. I say :thup:

Well, in researching "wrongful arrest" I learned something new.

Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest

Looks like you and Shogun are right...and I need to hunt up an 'Eating crow' emoticon.

Last edited:
I would agree with you IF there was not a system of redress already established to remedy this exact situation.
6. Don’t resist arrest. Above all, do not push the police or try to swat their hands away. That would be assaulting an officer and any slight injury to them will turn your minor misdemeanor arrest into a felony. A petty shoplifter can wind up going to state prison that way. Resisting arrest (such as pulling away) is merely a misdemeanor and often the police do not even charge that offense. Obviously, striking an officer can result in serious injury to you as well.

Well let's be clear, I don't advocate getting physical with the cops.

Pulling your hands away and taking the misdemeanor that will be thrown out anyway is well within justification in my book.

If they want to beat the shit out of you over it, so be it.

That man who just tried to help a motorist out in a situation he witnessed is now going to not only remain a free man, but potentially even win a lawsuit that in my book is definitely justified. And a couple of asshole cops might even lose their jobs in the process.

Dude wins, cops lose. I say :thup:

Well, in researching "wrongful arrest" I learned something new.

Looks like you and Shogun are right...and I need to hunt up an 'Eating crow' emoticon.

Way to go man, that's pretty big of you. :clap2:

It looks like this particular part pertains to this the most, and also proves that conhog was wrong about this guy not having the right to approach the scene of the traffic stop:

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

You should get out of your parents basement every once in a while and see how the real world works.

My father fought in WWII to make sure that your version of the "real world" never came to America.

Maybe down there in Bumfuck, Texas that's how things work but not here in my America.

You should get out of your parents basement

Wow, that's a new one :rolleyes:

Not if it's true, it's obvious the guy doesn't get out much if he thinks that was a beating.

Wasn't a beating , but it was more than should have been done. Just makes no sense, a tazer zap to the chest and he'd comply.

I don't fault the officers for keeping the guy from approaching their detainee though. Anyone who does just doesn't have an understanding of police work or the dangers it entails.

Wow, that's a new one :rolleyes:

Not if it's true, it's obvious the guy doesn't get out much if he thinks that was a beating.

Wasn't a beating , but it was more than should have been done. Just makes no sense, a tazer zap to the chest and he'd comply.

I don't fault the officers for keeping the guy from approaching their detainee though. Anyone who does just doesn't have an understanding of police work or the dangers it entails.

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

But, maybe they'll get lucky and get to do that in the New Republic of Texas.

Tell Mr. Clean how smart you are.

It is getting old, how all these liberal hippie fucks like to keep taunting the police.

Missourian and myself are the only conservatives in here that realize why the police were wrong. He took the time to research it and reversed his opinion on it after finding that legally, the guy was in the right.

The rest of you mother fuckers just LOVE seeing authority in action whether it's warranted or not, don't you?

Missourian and myself are the only conservatives in here that realize why the police were wrong. He took the time to research it and reversed his opinion on it after finding that legally, the guy was in the right.

The rest of you mother fuckers just LOVE seeing authority in action whether it's warranted or not, don't you?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Paulie again.

Missourian and yourself are cool like that though. :lol:

Funny thing is I made a thread about this almost a week ago. Too late to combine it now though.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...dogs-alleges-police-used-excessive-force.html

Forum List

Back