Man w/ concealed carry (CCW) intervenes in domestic dispute

Why don't you have me on ignore yet? Used in the right hands for the right reasons, yes, guns are quite often lifesavers. Kept in every closet and drawer in America, they are more often than not kill toys that take innocent lives.

Kept in every closet and drawer in America, they are more often than not kill toys that take innocent lives.

After all of the information provided to you you still believe that myth/lie?

there are were over 320,000,000 million guns in private hands in 2013....in closets, drawers, safes and in holsters........

Accidental gun deaths.... 505

Gun murder.....8,545 in 2013... ( 70-80% of gun murder victims are convicted felons...multiple times over. leaving about 1,642 innocent victims of gun murder)

Guns used to stop violent criminal attack 1,500,000 million times a year.....

How on earth do you get "more often than not kill toys that take innocent lives"
Well, those convicted felons would NOT find it so easy to procure a gun if we had actual, strict, controls on who owns a gun. And the 1,642 innocents in one year? That's enough for me. Obviously, not every person who owns a gun misuses it. I've never said that. But too many idiots have too much easy access to guns in this country and no matter how many numbers you throw at me, I would rather see us (1) actually aggressively enforce the gun laws in this country (2) ban most guns and related kill equipment (3) work hard on changing the culture from one that so relies on firearms and sees guns as a symbol of freedom.

They can't keep fully automatic weapons out of the hands of convicted felons and people on the terrorist watch list in France....they can't keep fully automatic weapons and grenades out of the hands of criminals on an Island nation..Britain.....

We have 357,000,000 and 8,124 gun murders......about 1,642 innocent people murderd by criminals, the rest criminals murdered by criminals....

And 1,500,000 million times a year that Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives....often witihout firing a shot....do you ever actually think about the size difference in those numbers?

Our country does see guns as a symbol of freedom.........357,000,000 million guns in private hands...less than 8,124 used to commit murder...the 356,991, 864 million guns not used in murder are a pretty big symbol of freedom...

Again....think about the size difference in those numbers....I know you haven't yet, because you still believe dumb things about guns.

They banned and confiscated guns in Britain, Australia and France...and as we told you...now only criminals and cops have the guns......and the criminals use the guns to murder people.

From Politifact, which fact checked Obama's statement that other countries don't have mass shootings like we do, and not as often .... (they say other countries DO have mass shootings, so his statement is mostly false)...

PunditFact rated Mostly True the claim that "Americans are 20 times as likely to die from gun violence as citizens of other civilized countries."
And,
sTbiw2S8fHl89qyY6AXbohcKkvXrCTKg33VwEQ-n-JieBT9aW1mr8d8s65TxJJj-nOCRfN6e1L_wJ8qC8efdaa530z35xQ_cwcGE2g-n98rRB7SprMFZrnpjhvEUgxNKyK_h_OU

Over the decade and a half studied, the researchers found 23 incidents of mass shootings in the other 10 countries, resulting in 200 dead and 231 wounded. In the United States over the same period, there were 133 incidents that left 487 dead and 505 wounded

Now, Guy, please focus on this: in these ten other countries combined, from 2000 to 2014, there were a TOTAL of 23 mass shooting incidents. We had 133 in the same time period. The table shows that if we go by per 100,000, our homicide rate is higher than all but Mexico, which is having itself a drug war.

I cannot agree with your position that guns ONLY save lives and are almost ALWAYS used by criminals against other criminals (people with a record, so apparently to you their deaths don't count). In the wrong hands, guns kill people in this country, and they do it with more frequency than in countries where guns are not so easily bought or stolen. Almost 40% of the households in this country have a firearm. Many have multiple guns. And still you are pushing, pushing for us to buy more.

I don't buy it.

Please link where you got the stat on mass shootings........

You are wrong...there have not been 133 mass shootings since 2000......what anti gun site did you get that from...ShootingTracker.com......do you realize they count every shooting as a mass shooting and do not go by the actual definition of a mass shooting...even criminal activity...

Here is Mother Jones......this is a ultra, left wing, anti gun, old school rag of a magazine and website.....they hate guns.....they catalogued all mass shootings going back to the 90s.......

this is what they found....Notice.....they don't have NRA in their name....

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

I have to assume you can do basic math.....do those shootings add up to 133? TheShootingtracker.com uses criminal shootings and gang activity to pad their numbers.....if you go to their site and read the actual details of the shootings they count as Mass Shootings....you see that they included a party where the gang bangers were playing dice, got into an argment and started shooting each other....that is not a mass shooting....

So you are wrong on all levels.....I use the Data from the CDC...and the FBI.....and that data shows you are wrong and have no idea what you are talking about....

Total gun murder in 2014...... 8,124.

Times guns are used for self defense.... 1,500,000 according to bill clinton's Department of Justice study.

I cannot agree with your position that guns ONLY save lives

YOu realize that I am the one who keeps posting the gun murder statistics...right? So how in the world do you get that I say guns only save lives........do you know how often I post the gun murder stats? So you are wrong...again.

In the wrong hands, guns kill people in this country, and they do it with more frequency than in countries where guns are not so easily bought or stolen. Almost 40% of the households in this country have a firearm. Many have multiple guns. And still you are pushing, pushing for us to buy more.

Wrong...you are not a real thinker are you.......you buy into every myth and lie the anti gunners push.

Please...try to understand......

Britain had a low gun crime and gun murder rate before they confiscated their guns...

Britain had few mass shootings before they confiscated their guns......

Do you understand those points?

Britain confiscated guns and their gun crime rate, and their gun murder rate spiked......

Do you understand that point.

After a few years, the gun crime rate and the gun murder rate went back to the exact same level it was before they confiscated their guns....

There was no change in the gun crime rate or gun murder rate after they confiscated the guns......

Do you understand that point?

Confiscating their guns did nothing to their gun crime rate or their gun murder rate....

Last year.....their gun crime rate went up 4%.............

Do you understand that?
As I stated, the table and the quotes came from Politifact looking into Obama's quip about mass shootings. You are welcome to tear the stats apart, but if I knew more about the sites and the studies you use, I could tear apart yours, as well. I know this because I have tried to answer some questions using stats collected from different sources, and it is obvious to me that statistics can be manipulated and massaged to look pretty much the way you want them to.

Kept in every closet and drawer in America, they are more often than not kill toys that take innocent lives.

there are were over 320,000,000 million guns in private hands in 2013....in closets, drawers, safes and in holsters........

Gun murder.....8,545 in 2013... ( 70-80% of gun murder victims are convicted felons...multiple times over. leaving about 1,642 innocent victims of gun murder)

How on earth do you get "more often than not kill toys that take innocent lives"
Well, those convicted felons would NOT find it so easy to procure a gun if we had actual, strict, controls on who owns a gun. And the 1,642 innocents in one year? That's enough for me. Obviously, not every person who owns a gun misuses it. I've never said that. But too many idiots have too much easy access to guns in this country and no matter how many numbers you throw at me, I would rather see us (1) actually aggressively enforce the gun laws in this country (2) ban most guns and related kill equipment (3) work hard on changing the culture from one that so relies on firearms and sees guns as a s

ymbol of freedom.

They can't keep fully automatic weapons out of the hands of convicted felons and people on the terrorist watch list in France....they can't keep fully automatic weapons and grenades out of the hands of criminals on an Island nation..Britain.....

We have 357,000,000 and 8,124 gun murders......about 1,642 innocent people murderd by criminals, the rest criminals murdered by criminals....

And 1,500,000 million times a year that Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack and to save lives....often witihout firing a shot....do you ever actually think about the size difference in those numbers?

Our country does see guns as a symbol of freedom.........357,000,000 million guns in private hands...less than 8,124 used to commit murder...the 356,991, 864 million guns not used in murder are a pretty big symbol of freedom...

Again....think about the size difference in those numbers....I know you haven't yet, because you still believe dumb things about guns.

They banned and confiscated guns in Britain, Australia and France...and as we told you...now only criminals and cops have the guns......and the criminals use the guns to murder people.

From Politifact, which fact checked Obama's statement that other countries don't have mass shootings like we do, and not as often .... (they say other countries DO have mass shootings, so his statement is mostly false)...

PunditFact rated Mostly True the claim that "Americans are 20 times as likely to die from gun violence as citizens of other civilized countries."
And,
sTbiw2S8fHl89qyY6AXbohcKkvXrCTKg33VwEQ-n-JieBT9aW1mr8d8s65TxJJj-nOCRfN6e1L_wJ8qC8efdaa530z35xQ_cwcGE2g-n98rRB7SprMFZrnpjhvEUgxNKyK_h_OU

Over the decade and a half studied, the researchers found 23 incidents of mass shootings in the other 10 countries, resulting in 200 dead and 231 wounded. In the United States over the same period, there were 133 incidents that left 487 dead and 505 wounded

Now, Guy, please focus on this: in these ten other countries combined, from 2000 to 2014, there were a TOTAL of 23 mass shooting incidents. We had 133 in the same time period. The table shows that if we go by per 100,000, our homicide rate is higher than all but Mexico, which is having itself a drug war.

I cannot agree with your position that guns ONLY save lives and are almost ALWAYS used by criminals against other criminals (people with a record, so apparently to you their deaths don't count). In the wrong hands, guns kill people in this country, and they do it with more frequency than in countries where guns are not so easily bought or stolen. Almost 40% of the households in this country have a firearm. Many have multiple guns. And still you are pushing, pushing for us to buy more.

I don't buy it.

You are wrong...there have not been 133 mass shootings since 2000......what anti gun site did you get that from...ShootingTracker.com......do you realize they count every shooting as a mass shooting and do not go by the actual definition of a mass shooting...even criminal activity...

Here is Mother Jones......this is a ultra, left wing, anti gun, old school rag of a magazine and website.....they hate guns.....they catalogued all mass shootings going back to the 90s.......

Here you go...the number of mass public shootings according to Mother Jones...rabid, anti gun, left wing news source.....not the NRA...

I have to assume you can do basic math.....do those shootings add up to 133? TheShootingtracker.com uses criminal shootings and gang activity to pad their numbers.....if you go to their site and read the actual details of the shootings they count as Mass Shootings....you see that they included a party where the gang bangers were playing dice, got into an argment and started shooting each other....that is not a mass shooting....

So you are wrong on all levels.....I use the Data from the CDC...and the FBI.....and that data shows you are wrong and have no idea what you are talking about....

Times guns are used for self defense.... 1,500,000 according to bill clinton's Department of Justice study.

YOu realize that I am the one who keeps posting the gun murder statistics...right? So how in the world do you get that I say guns only save lives........do you know how often I post the gun murder stats? So you are wrong...again.

In the wrong hands, guns kill people in this country, and they do it with more frequency than in countries where guns are not so easily bought or stolen. Almost 40% of the households in this country have a firearm. Many have multiple guns. And still you are pushing, pushing for us to buy more.

Wrong...you are not a real thinker are you.......you buy into every myth and lie the anti gunners push.

Britain had a low gun crime and gun murder rate before they confiscated their guns...

Britain confiscated guns and their gun crime rate, and their gun murder rate spiked......

After a few years, the gun crime rate and the gun murder rate went back to the exact same level it was before they confiscated their guns....

There was no change in the gun crime rate or gun murder rate after they confiscated the guns......

Confiscating their guns did nothing to their gun crime rate or their gun murder rate....

Do you understand that?
As I stated, the table and the quotes came from Politifact looking into Obama's quip about mass shootings. You are welcome to tear the stats apart, but if I knew more about the sites and the studies you use, I could tear apart yours, as well. I know this because I have tried to answer some questions using stats collected from different sources, and it is obvious to me that statistics can be manipulated and massaged to look pretty much the way you want them to.

And where did politfact get them.....I would bet shootingtracker.com.....can you link to the politifact article......

And I have not only given you the link to MotherJones....where they list the actual mass shootings......you can go there and read the details........you should...you are pretty ignorant about the topic you are posting about.

Well, those convicted felons would NOT find it so easy to procure a gun if we had actual, strict, controls on who owns a gun. And the 1,642 innocents in one year? That's enough for me. Obviously, not every person who owns a gun misuses it. I've never said that. But too many idiots have too much easy access to guns in this country and no matter how many numbers you throw at me, I would rather see us (1) actually aggressively enforce the gun laws in this country (2) ban most guns and related kill equipment (3) work hard on changing the culture from one that so relies on firearms and sees guns as a symbol of freedom.

And,

I don't buy it.

Do you understand that?

Tell me that Mother JOnes....an extreme, left wing, anti gun site are manipulating the statistics to support gun rights............

Well, those convicted felons would NOT find it so easy to procure a gun if we had actual, strict, controls on who owns a gun. And the 1,642 innocents in one year? That's enough for me. Obviously, not every person who owns a gun misuses it. I've never said that. But too many idiots have too much easy access to guns in this country and no matter how many numbers you throw at me, I would rather see us (1) actually aggressively enforce the gun laws in this country (2) ban most guns and related kill equipment (3) work hard on changing the culture from one that so relies on firearms and sees guns as a s

ymbol of freedom.

And,

I don't buy it.

Do you understand that?

And where did politfact get them.....I would bet shootingtracker.com.....can you link to the politifact article......

And I have not only given you the link to MotherJones....where they list the actual mass shootings......you can go there and read the details........you should...you are pretty ignorant about the topic you are posting about.
You have provided me with the Mother Jones site several times. There are differences in what is called a "mass shooting" from study to study, and actually, if you want to quibble with Politifact, feel free. You always dismiss studies which don't agree with your viewpoint, but that doesn't mean they're actually wrong.

Here's your link, although I don't know why you couldn't Google it yourself.
Is Barack Obama correct that mass killings don't happen in other countries?

God bless the guy for trying to help but damn people simply having a gun doesn't mean you're trained to handle a situation.

You do understand this guy was in the Marine Corps at one time. Those guys are trained to handle situations....
He could have been a cook in the Marine Corps. Do you guys think everybody in the marines are some bad ass killers? Obviously this guy was not trained to handle situations like this. He confronted the armed fleeing threat and got his ass shot.

Every Marine is trained as a rifleman you idiot. That's their primary function & enshrined in their doctrine. And having led Marines in the past, yes I do think they are all bad asses & glad they are on my team...

To paraphrase a prominent democrat politician "never let a tragedy go to waste". Way to go lefties, you found a civilian hero who was killed trying to do the right thing and you managed to make fun of him. LaPierre forgot to advise concealed carry people to use the freaking thing if you pull it out but he would have taken flack from the low information left for saying it.

Forum List

Back