Man Uses AK-47 Against 5 Home Invaders, Killing 3 And Injuring 2

Well to be fair, it wasn't really an AK-47, which are select fire, and capable of fully automatic fire. It was a semi automatic rifle which resembled and AK cosmetically. That would be like calling an AR-15, and M-16.
if it looks like a duck and fucks like a duck,,,,well its still a duck

its an ak47 thats been modified for civilian use

and the AK does not stand for automatic,,,

The AK-47, officially known as the Avtomat Kalashnikova is a gas-operated, 7.62
×39mm assault rifle, developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov.

and not all of them are made equal,,,

Century Arms Red Army C39v2 7.62x39mm Semi-Automatic Rifle

A loaded automatic weapon placed under a couch?

Is that standard operating procedure in Texas? Must be a real shit hole.

Not automatic.

Not only does that show Wry to be a complete DOLT product of the fake media, had it been an automatic, there would not have been any survivors.

PROOF once again that GUNS SAVE LIVES and gun laws cost them.

Yep Wry Catcher consistently faked out by fake news. People in San Fransisco tend to bubble dwelling. Its fascinating. These progressives who live there dont even realize they reside in the most racist city in the United States.....been booting blacks out for 30 years via racist zoning laws. It's a disgrace. They do make these gun threads a hoot though! Gun grabbers are almost invariably social oddballs so are real comfortable being made to look st00pid in any public setting!

a. I was born and raised in SF; since I graduated from high school I've lived in the East Bay when I was not in the service.

b. The rest of your post is both wrong and very funny.

HOUSTON, TEXAS — A man fought for his life against not one, not two, but five armed men who broke into his home. This gun owner was prepared for a fight, and utilized his AK-47 to defend his home and his life.
If the anti-gun loons had their way, this man would likely be dead.

In any situation where a shotgun is a viable choice for self-defense, an AR carbine, SBR, or pistol in a major pistol caliber is almost always a better choice.

HOUSTON, TEXAS — A man fought for his life against not one, not two, but five armed men who broke into his home. This gun owner was prepared for a fight, and utilized his AK-47 to defend his home and his life.

In any situation where a shotgun is a viable choice for self-defense, an AR carbine, SBR, or pistol in a major pistol caliber is almost always a better choice.

It seems you spent a lot of time thinking how to kill and intruder, with the specificity of Dexter. Zimmerman Syndrome?

Who said he had an automatic weapon?

Actually me, first. Then there were several posts which discussed the meaning of automatic, semi-automatic and hybrids.

I've never held an AK-47, my only experience with a fully automatic weapon was the BAR, one which I fired off the fantail of a DD in 1967. Big, heavy and impossible to sight.

who said it was an automatic???

All AKs are automatics, meaning they auto-reload.

That doesnt mean they are 'fully' automatic and autofire when reloaded.
Wrong they are semi automatic they require a pull of the trigger for every shot.
You don't know jack shit about firearms. The SKS is semi-auto, the AK-47 is full auto.

No it's not.
It's the same as the AR,semi auto.

Five guys invading the home of a 20 year-old makes me think this defender was a drug dealer. Why else would these 5 think any 20 year old held a stash of cash.

My thoughts exactly.
Especially knowing that part of town.
After his money and jewelry.....:auiqs.jpg:

Wonder if he was able to hide his drugs before the cops showed up?

It wasn't an "automatic" weapon. Otherwise the BATF would have been up his ass in a NY minute.

But the SOP in Texas is to shoot home-invading shitheads without thinking twice, agreed. Even in my far-north state we have a "deadly force" law, and there's an AK hanging on a hook behind my bedroom door.

With a decent spring setting and some practice should be able to pull in two-bursts at least once per second.

It seems you spent a lot of time thinking how to kill and intruder, with the specificity of Dexter.
I choose to not argue form ignorance.
You should try it sometime.

Wrong they are semi automatic they require a pull of the trigger for every shot.
You don't know jack shit about firearms. The SKS is semi-auto, the AK-47 is full auto.

No it's not.
:rolleyes:
No, it's full auto, like the m16.

You sure are a hard learner. I gave you information that you didn't know before, and instead of assimilating that into your store of knowledge like a normal person, you double down on stupid.

I theorize that a big reason why stupid people like you are such hard learners is that your egos are too fragile to admit to yourselves that you were wrong. And with some help from a mental health professional, many of you could eventually learn like a normal person.

Sucks to be you, dumbass.

Last edited:
Mea culpa, it seemed likely to be an automatic, the way the OP was phrased. That said, only a fool keeps a loaded weapon under a couch, or a hermit without friends, family or visitors.

Now had this group of home invaders been successful they would have moved on to the next victim and the next, and who knows how many crimes like this they had committed up until this point. who knows what could have gone wrong in any of those future home invasions? innocent lives lost.
Looks like the fool came out on top that day didn't it? You dont know his situation first of all and who comes and goes from his house or how often he keeps the gun under the couch, so for you to call him a fool and ignore the huge benefit he just gave to his community makes that famous line from the song even more true. "everybody plays the fool sometimes" it's ok your in good company

The AK47 as issued to the members of any number of militaries is select-fire.
The AK47 as widely available on the US civilian market is semi-auto.
Bullshit. All AK47s have a semi-auto setting and a full auto setting. Every single one ever manufactured.

If you think different, show me where you can find a semi-auto AK-47

No it's not.

You sure are a hard learner. I gave you information that you didn't know before, and instead of assimilating that into your store of knowledge like a normal person, you double down on stupid.

I theorize that a big reason why stupid people like you are such hard learners is that your egos are too fragile to admit to yourselves that you were wrong. And with some help from a mental health professional, many of you could eventually learn like a normal person.

So what do you call a semi auto AK?

The AK47 as issued to the members of any number of militaries is select-fire.
The AK47 as widely available on the US civilian market is semi-auto.
Bullshit. All AK47s have a semi-auto setting and a full auto setting. Every single one ever manufactured.

If you think different, show me where you can find a semi-auto AK-47
I posted a link where you can buy one,,,

No it's not.

So what do you call a semi auto AK?

A machine gun.

Or so I've heard on MSNBC.

Forum List

Back