Man Uses AK-47 Against 5 Home Invaders, Killing 3 And Injuring 2

A loaded automatic weapon placed under a couch?

Is that standard operating procedure in Texas? Must be a real shit hole.

I'm pretty sure it was a semi-automatic.

If it hadn't been loaded he couldn't have used it to protect himself.

I keep many of my weapons loaded and ready.

The bad guys don't pay attention if you call time out to load.

Why else would law-enforcement officers keep a round in the pipe and 15 in the magazine? When mere fractions of a second count, a firearm that isn't loaded, cocked, and locked is nothing more than an over-priced club.

Some do, some don't - it depends on the agencies policy and the comfort of the officer/deputy/agent.

Why do you pretend you know anything? You seem only able to echo what you hear from others on the far side of reality.

Why else would law-enforcement officers keep a round in the pipe and 15 in the magazine? When mere fractions of a second count, a firearm that isn't loaded, cocked, and locked is nothing more than an over-priced club.

Some do, some don't - it depends on the agencies policy and the comfort of the officer/deputy/agent.

Why do you pretend you know anything? You seem only able to echo what you hear from others on the far side of reality.
any person not comfortable with a round in the chamber shouldnt be carrying a gun,,,

That's purely idiotic, where the hell did you hear that? There is no law-enforcement agency or personnel in this country that's walking around with an unloaded sidearm.

Someone has watched too many episodes of the Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry RFD.

Even off-duty officers don't "unload" their weapons when they get home. They leave them intact with one in the chamber, a full magazine, in the holster, and placed in a safe location. There are reasons far beyond your meager knowledge of firearms, and I will explain them to you:

First off is safety: More accidental discharges occur during the process of loading or unloading a firearm. A weapon is completely safe until you start finger-fucking around with it.

Secondly, constantly unloading and reloading a chambered round is not good for the ammunition. There's always a chance that the projectile can loosen up from its seating and become set back too close to the powder charge. In which case, that will turn your perfectly safe handgun into a hand grenade. Once a round is chambered, it's best to leave it as it is.

Last edited:

Barney Fife is your hero lol

Lol....says the guy who thinks it's a keen idea to store your weapons for home defense on the roof!:2up:

Mexicans got what they deserved

Yeah, but the homeowner should get a hefty tax deduction, considering the fact that he probably saved taxpayers millions of dollars over the course of the next 20 years.

Killed 3, wounded 2: It's a damn shame he did kill the other 2. Maybe next time.

who said it was an automatic???

All AKs are automatics, meaning they auto-reload.

That doesnt mean they are 'fully' automatic and autofire when reloaded.
Wrong they are semi automatic they require a pull of the trigger for every shot.
You don't know jack shit about firearms. The SKS is semi-auto, the AK-47 is full auto.

Wrong they are semi automatic they require a pull of the trigger for every shot.
You don't know jack shit about firearms. The SKS is semi-auto, not the AK-47.
The ak-47 as used in the US is a semi automatic weapon. THE ONLY exception is illegal weapons or a license for a full auto.

You don't know jack shit about firearms. The SKS is semi-auto, not the AK-47.
The ak-47 as used in the US is a semi automatic weapon. THE ONLY exception is illegal weapons or a license for a full auto.
The AK-47 as used anywhere on Earth, even the USA, is a fully automatic weapon. THE ONLY exceptions are guns that are misidentified as AK-47.

Forum List

Back