man tosses 18 month old into traffic

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
OAKLAND, Calif. — A 21-year-old man Oakland police say threw a toddler in front of a moving car is in custody after being arrested by an off-duty police officer.

Police say the officer saw the man shake the 18-month girl and throw her into oncoming traffic around 5:39 p.m. Saturday.

The child was hit by a car, but police say she escaped serious injury. She was taken to a hospital, where her condition is unknown.

After stopping to give aid to the little girl, the officer pursued the man, finding him scuffling with several motorists who had stopped to help.

When on-duty police officers arrived, they subdued the man with a Taser stun gun.

Oakland man arrested after child thrown in traffic - U.S. news - msnbc.com

i could not imagine the reaction one would have to this. seeing a man toss a little one into traffic...i could not imagine being the driver of the car that hit her.

OAKLAND, Calif. — A 21-year-old man Oakland police say threw a toddler in front of a moving car is in custody after being arrested by an off-duty police officer.

Police say the officer saw the man shake the 18-month girl and throw her into oncoming traffic around 5:39 p.m. Saturday.

The child was hit by a car, but police say she escaped serious injury. She was taken to a hospital, where her condition is unknown.

After stopping to give aid to the little girl, the officer pursued the man, finding him scuffling with several motorists who had stopped to help.

When on-duty police officers arrived, they subdued the man with a Taser stun gun.

i could not imagine the reaction one would have to this. seeing a man toss a little one into traffic...i could not imagine being the driver of the car that hit her.

The guy is lucky the motorists that stopped to help didn't beat him to death.

This is where we're supposed to say that we think throwing children in front on oncoming trafffic is a bad thing, right?

Okay, throwing children in front oncoming traffic is a bad thing.

I'm like totally outraged.

yawn!

It's LOCAL stories like these, stories that happened every day, but LOCAL stories that we'd probably never have heard about before the media became a closely held monopoly, that are making most of us nuts, ya know.

Yes, there are fruitloops.

Yes they do terrible things.

But despite our impression, thanks to the media, these are basically highly rare and unusual events.

o hell no they are not. most things like this arent reported in the daily news...too mundane for that.

has to have a shocking feature.. to make the news

otoh, many cultures trash the female gender, Inda, China, some south American countries

too much a bother you know, always needy, gotta have toliet paper and stuff like that all the time....

The guy is lucky the motorists that stopped to help didn't beat him to death.

It would have been Just...

The Thought of this brings Tears...

The little ones are so Innocent.

I HATE stories like this. :(

:)

peace...

editec has a point, bones. What are we supposed to say or do about this? Apart from feeling stressed and afraid?

Yanno, there are some seriously weird and sickening crimes committed in Cleveland. Occassionally, one is so weird it'd prolly draw interest on USMB....but what purpose is there in posting it? The criminal has been caught, the victims and their families are getting whatever aid is possible, etc. It's over.

The only possible comment I can think to make here is that Tank is an asshole for assuming the perp was Black.....and even if he was, he ain't human, so who cares what color he is?

Black people do some crazy shit.
postturtle.jpg

What the Crap does it matter what Color he was?

Whatever the color of Spineless Jelly Fish like this, they all need to be Beat till they are the same color RED!

okay so this stuff is too yawny for yall.....but mel gibson we can talk about all day...got it....sorry to bother you with the horrible realities of life....

perhaps we could discuss the economic stress...that is causing higher reports of child abuse.
or perhaps that has nothing to do with it?

bones, we just had a mommy caught pimping out her six year old daughter. Is the economy to blame for this kind of depravity? Are there social implications we need to catch?

No one is saying the news you posted is boring -- just the opposite. It's scarey and upsetting and horrifying. But it leaves the reader with outrage exhaustation, and what can any of us do?

okay so this stuff is too yawny for yall.....but mel gibson we can talk about all day...got it....sorry to bother you with the horrible realities of life....

perhaps we could discuss the economic stress...that is causing higher reports of child abuse.
or perhaps that has nothing to do with it?

My Grandparents and Parents Survived the Great Depression and WWII without Tossing ANY of my Elder Siblings into Traffic...

Fuck this Person...

I don't Care if they were on Drugs or Down on their Luck...

:)

peace...

The man is obviously metally ill.

Much fewer of these types of incidents would take place if we had a decent metal illness program in this country.

I think "BitchBuns" is French. The French are weird fuckers. They enjoy sick news stories and tend to throw living things at other travellers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amWP8FpLrtw]YouTube - Monty Python and the Holy Grail-French Taunt Pt. 1[/ame]

:eek:

Feel sorry for the kid, but Child Protective Services will find a better place for her.

And it is unlikely this guy will ever see a freeway again. I hope he spends the rest of his short life in solitary.

I like how the rest of the people formed a posse and caught him.

And I think Bones is right, that the person who hit the kid needs some help too. That would be heartbreaking.

Forum List

Back