Man to be executed, Governor refuses DNA test

Personally I am against Death penalty since no rehabilitation is possible should an innocent be killed.

While I am willing to argue about Death penalties in certain cases under certain circumstances (Nuremberg Trials for example), I simply cannot believe what seems to be going on in this case.

In this particular case, the state does not investigate possible evidence that could either incriminate (spelling) or exonerate the accused.

I simply dont get why in hell this DNA test is not taken. If its his DNA than the court was correct, if it was not that exonerate him. Justice is served either way.

Note that, even if the accused in question is uncorrectly set free (since he managed to let the DNA dissappear with his mad magic skills or something) you are not letting a "murderer" out since he is serving a 20 years sentence for something else anyway.

For me it looks as if some state attorney is killing for votes.

On the regards of long appeal runs, I would rather have an appeal to many than one too few. This is coming from someone who was a victim of attempted manslaughter.

1) I am all for DNA testing in cases where there actually is evidence, one way or another, that sways in the balance between guilt and innocence

2) When do the appeals stop? What test next? There is a point where everything is exhausted, but our system of seemingly endless appeals keeps death row scum alive longer than the families of victims

3) I am all for the death penalty. Once fried or skewered or injected or gassed or shot or hung or whatever, the repeat crime rate of that person is exactly 0%. A sane society eliminates it's maniacal killers

I think its better to test dna in cases where the is no evidence. If there is evidence, especially dna, don't do it.

If our process weren't so flawed, they wouldn't need appeals.

I agree about the death penalty. And make it not cost 3 times what it costs to imprison them for life costs us tax payers. I almost don't believe that. But if true, fix that problem.

Bullet; $1
Pubic Defender; $400
Death Penalty; Priceless

I think its better to test dna in cases where the is no evidence. If there is evidence, especially dna, don't do it.

If our process weren't so flawed, they wouldn't need appeals.

I agree about the death penalty. And make it not cost 3 times what it costs to imprison them for life costs us tax payers. I almost don't believe that. But if true, fix that problem.

Bullet; $1
Pubic Defender; $400
Death Penalty; Priceless

Getting a case wrong and executing someone wrongly: America becomes a criminal entity.

Can't put a price on that either.

Forum List

Back