Man Sue's for getting stuck next to two fat slobs..

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Good for him American should pay him two million dollars

Man Sues American Airlines After Sitting Next to ‘Grossly Obese’ Passengers

An Australian man is suing American Airlines for $100,000 after being forced to sit next to two “grossly obese” passengers on a 14-hour flight from Sydney to LA, alleging that he suffered “bodily injuries”.

Michael Anthony Taylor claims that the airline would not switch his seats during his flight to LA in December f 2015, forcing him to sit in a row with two obese neighbors. He claims that he spent an entire flight contorting his body, which aggravated his back problem and made his scoliosis worse.

According to the court documents, Taylor says that the bodies of the passengers next to him “spilt over and encroached” into his seat and had to “stand up, crouch, kneel, and lean forward” during his 14 hour flight. He says he has since suffered back injuries, neck pain and an ongoing discomfort. He is suing American Airlines for his seating situation and is seeking $100,000 in damages.

When I used to have to fly all the time I always wondered why they didn't charge the passengers ticket by the pound, how much you weighed.

An Australian man is suing American Airlines for $100,000 after being forced to sit next to two “grossly obese” passengers on a 14-hour flight from Sydney to LA, alleging that he suffered “bodily injuries”.

Michael Anthony Taylor claims that the airline would not switch his seats during his flight to LA in December f 2015, forcing him to sit in a row with two obese neighbors. He claims that he spent an entire flight contorting his body, which aggravated his back problem and made his scoliosis worse.

According to the court documents, Taylor says that the bodies of the passengers next to him “spilt over and encroached” into his seat and had to “stand up, crouch, kneel, and lean forward” during his 14 hour flight. He says he has since suffered back injuries, neck pain and an ongoing discomfort. He is suing American Airlines for his seating situation and is seeking $100,000 in damages.
I can sympathize. I was seated next to a huge person. His fat spread across into my space and I was pressed against the right side of my seat and was hanging out into the aisle because of him. I got up and went to the stewards and objected. I refused to go back to the seat I was assigned: I couldn't move or breath in that seat. I sat on the jump seat until they moved me. It is not okay to put someone who is that huge into an average seat and expect the persons next to him/her to be so put upon. Especially on a long flight.

I can sympathize. I was seated next to a huge person. His fat spread across into my space and I was pressed against the right side of my seat and was hanging out into the aisle because of him. I got up and went to the stewards and objected. I refused to go back to the seat I was assigned: I couldn't move or breath in that seat. I sat on the jump seat until they moved me. It is not okay to put someone who is that huge into an average seat and expect the persons next to him/her to be so put upon. Especially on a long flight.

It used to drive me crazy that's why If I got dirty doing a job I would just go the airport and not clean up.

seems to me that the airline should have WAYS TO DEAL with such problems----
like some sort of built in extra seating contraptions somewhere on the plane

I can sympathize, as I have been in that situation myself on a few occasions. Who knows, maybe people sitting next to me have through I WAS putting them in that situation.

Too many Americans are fat. The seats are too small.

But getting someplace many hundreds or thousands of miles away for a couple hundred bucks is still a miracle of modernity. A couple generations back, most people never ventured more than a couple miles from home for their whole lives.

That is truly cruel and unusual punishment. 14 hours stuck between two fatties....I would kill myself.

Flying today is often akin to torture.

If AA tries to force "buy two seats", "pay by pound", "fat only airlines"........could you hear the leftist lawyer howling already?

AA is dammed if they do or don't. What to do? Scale? Cattle guard......if you don't fit you go here? Lawyers killed America. All demoncraps are lawyers.

I don't know why he ended up taking the flight. If they refused to move me then I would have demanded they rebook me on another one. I would never put up with this.

I remember flying TWA and had to sit next to a Kenyan. You ever smell an African who refuses to shower? Nasty.

Last edited:

Obese passengers could have caused plane crash | Daily Mail Online

I don't know why he ended up taking the flight. If they refused to move me then I would have demanded they rebook me on another one. I would never put up with this.
I am guessing that the man didn't have such an option or this matter wouldn't be here for us to read about.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I agree that people should be charged more for their airfare if one seat is not going to be enough for them. Maybe that will be motivation for them to do something about their issue if anything can be done about it.

Airlines have charged for two seats when a passenger is too obese for one. They have been sued and the obese persons demand their rights to be treated like everyone else. But hey, if you weight as much as two you should have to pay as much as two. Maybe charging by the pound is the way to go. Then skinny people could fly cheap.

Forum List

Back