Man shoots person who won't be quiet in movie theater

Hmmnnn, so if we allow mentally ill people, teenagers and kids, parolees, what have you, to all buy guns we won't have any problems?

That's right, and it will occur right about the time this happens:

$Hell_Frozen_Over.jpg

The gun thing is starting to scare me a bit! I recently took my young niece to see a kids movie. There was another group of kids (maybe early teens) next to us. There were laughing and playing with something that sounded like metal pieces rubbing or striking against each other. One of them dropped something and a couple of the kids were on their hands and knees trying to find it in the dark. It was a bit annoying but I did not give it much thought. When the movie ended and the lights came on, I got out of my seat and we started to walk towards the exits, when something on the floor caught my eye. I bent down and picked them up - they were two unused bullets!!!

The gun thing is starting to scare me a bit! I recently took my young niece to see a kids movie. There was another group of kids (maybe early teens) next to us. There were laughing and playing with something that sounded like metal pieces rubbing or striking against each other. One of them dropped something and a couple of the kids were on their hands and knees trying to find it in the dark. It was a bit annoying but I did not give it much thought. When the movie ended and the lights came on, I got out of my seat and we started to walk towards the exits, when something on the floor caught my eye. I bent down and picked them up - they were two unused bullets!!!

Years ago I worked at a jewelry store, and I went into the safe to find some diamonds. I was feeling around in the safe, and I grabbed a plastic bag. I felt the outside of the bag, and realized I had a loaded .357 magnum pointed at my chest. A woman that I worked with had put her loaded gun in a plastic bag and stuck it in the safe.

Ushers still exist in some places, but we have become a crude culture.

do you agree with this guy who said it is about time somebody shot up a crowded movie theater?

No, but I do think we should stop being such a cheap society and have ushers again. I also think we need crying rooms for people with families so they can watch the movies and not disturb the other patrons.

I think the man should have just gone and demanded his money back and went to see the movie another time. That's what I would have done. Probably would have gotten the family banned from the theater too, if they wouldn't shut up.

I seldom go to movies anymore. Too many rude people. I have on occasion gone to our local $2.00 theater, but what the heck, for $2 I can put up with a lot I wouldn't put up with for $10.00. Funny thing is, I haven't seen near the number of rude people at that $2. theater.

Again check out the lott mustard Study.

Professor David Mustard, the co-author of Lott's study, has conceded that there were serious flaws in their study - flaws that seriously undermine the conclusions. Mustard was deposed under oath in the Ohio concealed handgun case Klein v. Leis. Mustard admitted that: 1) the study "omitted variables" which could explain that changes in the crime rate are due to reasons other than changes in CCW laws, and 2) the study did not account for many of the major factors that Mustard believes affect crime including crack cocaine, wealth, drugs and alcohol use, and police practices such as community policing. These serious flaws completely undermine Lott's findings.

Lott Claims Computer Ate His Controversial CCW Survey

In his published research analysis, John Lott has claimed that a 1997 survey he conducted found that concealed handguns deterred crime without being fired an astoundingly high 98% of the time. That claim allowed Lott to explain away the fact that extremely few self-defense uses of handguns are ever reported. But when scholars began questioning his survey results, Lott began a series of evasions that culminated in the claim that his computer had crashed and he had "lost" all the data. The University of Chicago, where Lott claims he conducted the study, has no record of it being conducted so Lott began claiming that he funded it himself (and kept no records) and that he used students to make the survey calls (though no students have been identified who participated). Indeed, no records of the survey exist at all. Lott is now facing serious questions about whether he fabricated the entire survey - raising serious questions about his ethics and credibility.

Brady Campaign - Concealed Handgun Fraud: Exposing John Lott

Why don't people just wait to rent movies on DVD? That's what we do 9/10 times.

It's cheaper to rent a movie for 4 bucks, then to pay for 2 or 4 people to see a movie at about 10 bucks a head.

Plus, you are in the comfort of your own home, can pause the movie for breaks if needed, eat your own food, and nobody is bugging you or their big ole head is in the way of the screen.

You can even lay on your couch and get a foot massage during the movie if you're lucky! :cool:

Why don't people just wait to rent movies on DVD? That's what we do 9/10 times.

It's cheaper to rent a movie for 4 bucks, then to pay for 2 or 4 people to see a movie at about 10 bucks a head.

Plus, you are in the comfort of your own home, can pause the movie for breaks if needed, eat your own food, and nobody is bugging you or their big ole head is in the way of the screen.

You can even lay on your couch and get a foot massage during the movie if you're lucky! :cool:

The other 1/10. :lol:

Far and Away the best movies I've seen all year is The Dark Knight and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

The other 1/10. :lol:

Far and Away the best movies I've seen all year is The Dark Knight and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Yeah, we rented Batman (Dark Knight) last week, the adults were like , "eh"-the kids (13 and 15) were like "woo hoo!" My daughter is obsessed with the Joker now...........she wants to watch that movie all the time now.

Yeah, we rented Batman (Dark Knight) last week, the adults were like , "eh"-the kids (13 and 15) were like "woo hoo!" My daughter is obsessed with the Joker now...........she wants to watch that movie all the time now.

I've been a batman fan all my life so I'll always enjoy batman movies well later into life.

Unless they're like Batman & Robin. Then no. :lol:

Heath Ledger deserves a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for that role (I believe he'd be nominated under that no? Could be Best Actor actually). I do know that Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett (I think that's how you spell her name) deserve at the very least nods for their roles in Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I'd be shocked otherwise.

Forum List

Back