Man sentenced to prison for using free speech.

UPDATED: Mueller convicted of 3 charges of illegal wiretapping | New Hampshire NEWS03

This is unfuckingbelievable. What the fuck happened to the first amendment....man I actually had hope for New Hampshire.

What is unfuckingbelievable, is that you are so monumentally stupid you confuse illegally recording peoples conversations with free speech.

Mueller was found guilty of secretly recording conversations with Manchester police Capt. Jonathan Hopkins, Manchester High School West Principal MaryEllen McGorry and school secretary Denise Michael without their consent.

If he taped their phones, sure. But if he had a recording device on himself and taped them. So fucking what? Why is that illegal.? You can't tape things now?
Sure you can. You just have to announce that you are doing it.

Then people have the fucking audacity to call this a free country??
Your rights and liberties end when you infringe on another persons rights and liberties.

Really show me in the Bill of Rights where it infringes on anothers rights when they're recorded on a phone call?

The cops can wire tap me so why cant I wire tap them??

Makes no sense you see...

I find it ironic how republicans are the biggest supporters of alleged freedoms but then turn around and let the cops do whatever the fuck they want...

What is unfuckingbelievable, is that you are so monumentally stupid you confuse illegally recording peoples conversations with free speech.

If he taped their phones, sure. But if he had a recording device on himself and taped them. So fucking what? Why is that illegal.? You can't tape things now?

Wrong again - consent plays absolutely no role in any of this - at least in Illinois...

Your rights and liberties end when you infringe on another persons rights and liberties.

Really show me in the Bill of Rights where it infringes on anothers rights when they're recorded on a phone call?

Makes no sense you see...

I find it ironic how republicans are the biggest supporters of alleged freedoms but then turn around and let the cops do whatever the fuck they want...
See... Now you are taking a position that I don't want to take. I don't think the cops should be allowed to wire tap you without you knowing about it.

Edit: As you mean it. Charles Main took care of the explanation for times when they can.

Last edited:

It's not that it Infringes on their Rights, It is state law in Most States that you CAN not Record someone with out Consent, or a WARRANT.

The Cops need a Reason, and A judge to sign off on that Reason in the Form of a Warrant for a Wire Tap before they can Wire Tap you.

The cops can not do what ever the fuck they want Dim Witt, they have very strict Rules they have to play buy, As I said they have to have a good reason to want to Wire Tap you, then they need to Convince a Judge there is good Reason, and get a Warrant.

Last edited:

Wrong again - consent plays absolutely no role in any of this - at least in Illinois...
I don't know about state to state... but in most places you are correct... Consent means really next to nothing. You just have to tell them that this is a recorded call. Then they choose to talk or not.

A public official has no reasonable expectation of not being taped. They tape our calls to 911 and when we get pulled over but oh that's right we are just the sheeple we must do as told or else.

A high school principal and a school secretary are public officials?

Who knew? :dunno:

Thye are employed by the public. SO yes. They are public officials.
For example, I can go to almost any state or municipal website and with a few keystrokes, find the salary or wage information for any public employee. It's public record. If one does not wish to have others know how much they make, they are free to join the private sector.

Perhaps you explain what part of videotaping the police in the official discharge of their duties might fall under the surreptitious recording statute, or any other criminal statute.

{Anthony Graber, a Maryland Air National Guard staff sergeant, faces up to 16 years in prison. His crime? He videotaped his March encounter with a state trooper who pulled him over for speeding on a motorcycle. Then Graber put the video — which could put the officer in a bad light — up on YouTube.

It doesn't sound like much. But Graber is not the only person being slapped down by the long arm of the law for the simple act of videotaping the police in a public place. Prosecutors across the U.S. claim the videotaping violates wiretap laws — a stretch, to put it mildly.}

Should Videotaping the Police Really Be a Crime? - TIME

One thing the police cannot survive is exposure - they will do whatever it takes to keep the public from knowing how they really operate.

After Fullerton Police murdered Kelly Thomas last year, several Fullerton cops were on the Metrolink laughing about it and doing pantomimes of Thomas begging for them to stop, as they brutally beat him to death. As they murdered Thomas, they had gone around threatening anyone at the Fullerton train station who was capturing video, but a couple of people escaped their notice. Because the public caught this on video, this is the one in a million murders by Police that might just be prosecuted.

because taping someone without their knowledge and without a warrant is a felony.

Unless it's the cops, then different laws apply.

{Glendale police will use federal funds to outfit some patrol cruisers with dash-mounted cameras in coming weeks. Police hope the devices will be installed in all patrol cars early next year. Only one police vehicle used to target aggressive drivers is already equipped with a camera.

Officials believe cars equipped with cameras benefit officers and those who encounter them. Other Valley police agencies have cameras in some police vehicles but Glendale police say they will be the first to install them in every patrol car.}

Glendale police cars will get dash-mounted cameras

{March 22, 2007 As new technologies become available to law enforcement agencies around the world, the climate for offenders look set to become particularly uncomfortable, and Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) will become one of the first technologies they are likely to encounter as it increases law enforcement efficiency manyfold. Pips Technology has a new police-car-mounted camera that can automatically recognise over 3000 number plates an hour, while police simply cruise through the district. The plates are automatically compared to all wanted vehicle databases, sounding an alarm within a few seconds so police can apprehend the vehicle. At the same time, every plate recognition is logged in a central computer so that if a vehicle is involved in an offence, all prior sightings of the vehicle with time and GPS coordinates can be retrieved. }

Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) for Law Enforcement

None of our rights are absolute, all have barriers. They main problem is that one right often clashes with another right.

Great idea!

Hey officer, I know you're busy beating that man to death, but I wanted to let you know that I'm taping you....
If you are taping it rather than helping him then technically you are doing something illegal.

And.. Um... taping, which I assume you mean video tape, isn't wire tapping. Pretty sure.

If you are taping it rather than helping him then technically you are doing something illegal.

You mean, by law I'm required to help cops murder their victims?

Damn, wasn't aware of that.

And.. Um... taping, which I assume you mean video tape, isn't wire tapping. Pretty sure.

That's what they man in the OP was convicted of. He used his cell phone to video the cop and the principle then expose them on Youtube, the court convicted him of wire tapping.

It's just the blue gang making sure the peasants know that snitches get stitches.

You mean, by law I'm required to help cops murder their victims?
I thought you were talking about the cop. You obviously aren't following the thread very well.

Old boy didn't get in trouble for video taping in a public area. He got in trouble for taping a phone call.

That's what they man in the OP was convicted of. He used his cell phone to video the cop and the principle then expose them on Youtube, the court convicted him of wire tapping.
I suggest you reread the thread.

It's just the blue gang making sure the peasants know that snitches get stitches.
Nothing I can say will make you less ignorant if you don't go through the work to educate yourself. Reread the thread.

Forum List

Back