Man powered flight

Interesting! When I was a kid there was a book in the school library about human powered flight, I think I was the only one ever to check it out! Never saw a flapping wing plane though.

Your video reminded me of a rubber band powered ornithopter I had as a kid. Can't find any Google images of it though.

Interesting! When I was a kid there was a book in the school library about human powered flight, I think I was the only one ever to check it out! Never saw a flapping wing plane though.

Your video reminded me of a rubber band powered ornithopter I had as a kid. Can't find any Google images of it though.

Thing flew like it was having a seizure ?

Thing flew like it was having a seizure ?
Yeah, not too bad, it never got out of my yard though. The current incarnation of it has this heavy plastic body so I'm sure it doesn't fly nearly as good as the original.

Serious model airplane guys have made ornithopters over the years that perform far better than the cheap plastic toys.

[youtube]dmmGq8hr0-8[/youtube]

Forum List

Back