Man of Steel

Actually that's the app i am using doing that... I haven't looked at how to turn it off

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Either you want everyone to know, or you are an incompetent idiot.

Seeing as yesterday was the day I installed the app I would say I was ignorant of how the said app worked. Still learning things about it. thats how things work. You get something new and you play with it and learn what it does.

did you not understand the premise of the new Star Trek series? it is alternate history. Nolan did the same thing with this movie that he did with Batman he changed it upgraded it. Now you might not like it where as i did that's understadable and we can debate that... yet being shocked that there's a suit inside of a spaceship in a movie about a guy that can fly that seems to me to be nit picking

Welcome to my nightmare

did you not understand the premise of the new Star Trek series?

yes i understood it.....Abrams wanted to make his own version of Trek so he can do what he wants to do without having to worry about the core fans getting on his ass .....it also tells me he is a so so fan of the trek universe.....otherwise he would have just went back to day one of Kirks Enterprise and went from there......

yet being shocked that there's a suit inside of a spaceship in a movie about a guy that can fly that seems to me to be nit picking

sorry that wasn't me.....

The trek thing was so he could make it new and not have to worry about the fat 50 year old Trekkie writing hate mail...Weather he was a fan or not is immaterial since it was still a good movie.... Haven't seen the last one yet.

well you can believe what you want.....he just turned it into a thing so he can do whatever he wants without having to answer any questions.....im sure Roddenberry has turned over in his Urn twice....and Abrams and the writers after doing this.....dont even come up with something new and original.....they do a story about Khan.....

Last edited:
did you not understand the premise of the new Star Trek series? it is alternate history. Nolan did the same thing with this movie that he did with Batman he changed it upgraded it. Now you might not like it where as i did that's understadable and we can debate that... yet being shocked that there's a suit inside of a spaceship in a movie about a guy that can fly that seems to me to be nit picking

Welcome to my nightmare

Nolan did not do the same thing with Batman. What he did was the way Star Trek should have been handled. what Abrams did was take Star Trek and turn it into Star Wars for idiots.

The Superman suit was inside a ship that crashed on Earth 20,000 years ago, and Jor El claimed he put it there on purpose. That is not nit picking, nit picking would be complaining about the fact that he put a cape on Kryptonian undergarments when the people of Krypton only wore capes with their formal wear.
How do we know the memory of his father .... IE the AI he was talking to didn't make said symbol right then? If I remember correctly didn't the Reeve superman get his suit in a similar fashion from the fortress of solitude? At certain point shortcuts are made to move the story along.

What the fuck is your point? I said I wasn't nit picking, yet you focus on the stupid things. I think your problem with your wife is that you think you are smarter than she is.

Actually that's the app i am using doing that... I haven't looked at how to turn it off

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Either you want everyone to know, or you are an incompetent idiot.

Seeing as yesterday was the day I installed the app I would say I was ignorant of how the said app worked. Still learning things about it. thats how things work. You get something new and you play with it and learn what it does.

When you install the app it asks you what signature you want to use. The way things work for smart people is they read.

did you not understand the premise of the new Star Trek series?

yes i understood it.....Abrams wanted to make his own version of Trek so he can do what he wants to do without having to worry about the core fans getting on his ass .....it also tells me he is a so so fan of the trek universe.....otherwise he would have just went back to day one of Kirks Enterprise and went from there......

yet being shocked that there's a suit inside of a spaceship in a movie about a guy that can fly that seems to me to be nit picking

sorry that wasn't me.....

The trek thing was so he could make it new and not have to worry about the fat 50 year old Trekkie writing hate mail...Weather he was a fan or not is immaterial since it was still a good movie.... Haven't seen the last one yet.

well you can believe what you want.....he just turned it into a thing so he can do whatever he wants without having to answer any questions.....im sure Roddenberry has turned over in his Urn twice....and Abrams and the writers after doing this.....dont even come up with something new and original.....they do a story about Khan.....

Not only Kahn, they had the Kobayashi Maru, tribbles, or John Harrison.

It really hurt the experience for me that they threw in so much crap from the original movies. It probably worked better for younger viewers who haven't seen the older movies. And even with those issues, I have to admit I enjoyed the movie, it just wasn't as good as it might have been.

It really hurt the experience for me that they threw in so much crap from the original movies. It probably worked better for younger viewers who haven't seen the older movies. And even with those issues, I have to admit I enjoyed the movie, it just wasn't as good as it might have been.

thats what i am getting at.....they go into a different timeline and instead of doing something new and original.....they do Khan.....if they were going to do this Abrams should have created a whole new crew and ship....

thats what i am getting at.....they go into a different timeline and instead of doing something new and original.....they do Khan.....if they were going to do this Abrams should have created a whole new crew and ship....

alternate history means kahn doesn't exist?

Welcome to my nightmare

Welcome to my nightmare
do you understand what NEW and ORIGINAL means Thantos?.....

Welcome to my nightmare
yes I understand what it means. and since I haven't seen the movie I have yet to find out if poss precisely as the Wrath of Khan did

Welcome to my nightmare

Last edited:

Welcome to my nightmare

In the original history the Enterprise stumbled across the Botany Bay and discovered that is was full of genetically modified soldiers from the eugenics wars from the 1990s that escaped Earth after they lost. In the movie a deranged Star Fleet admiral went looking for the Botany Bay to use the genetically modified soldiers that escaped the eugenic wars in the 1990s to destroy the Klingon empire.

Where, exactly, did the modified timeline start? How did Marcus know about the Botany Bay when, in the original timeline, there was no record of it? Why did McCoy have a tribble, which was introduced to the Federation by Harry Mudd after they made peace with the Klingons, on the Enterprise when no sane person would let them loose on a starship?

You really do not want to try to argue that what Abrams did makes any type of sense. Trekkies have been dealing with YATIs since the beginning of time, we accept them as part of the nature of things. here are massive discrepancies between the two movies that don't hold up. For example, in the first movie they ejected the warp core and were still able to maneuver the ship using thrusters and impulse engines because those are completely seperate systems. In the knew movie the warp core injector was out of whack and it shut down every propulsion system they had.

By the way, wouldn't an injector that shoots tiny particles of antimatter need to be aligned a little better than a guy who flunked out of the academy be able to do?

How come there are no engineering personnel available to replace Scotty when he quit? Is the bridge crew the entire complement of the ship, and Scotty is just there to say how hard it is to fix things?

Welcome to my nightmare
yes I understand what it means. and since I haven't seen the movie I have yet to find out if poss precisely as the Wrath of Khan did

Welcome to my nightmare

it doesnt matter.....they did not come up with anything new and original.....Khan has already been used ......

Welcome to my nightmare

In the original history the Enterprise stumbled across the Botany Bay and discovered that is was full of genetically modified soldiers from the eugenics wars from the 1990s that escaped Earth after they lost. In the movie a deranged Star Fleet admiral went looking for the Botany Bay to use the genetically modified soldiers that escaped the eugenic wars in the 1990s to destroy the Klingon empire.

Where, exactly, did the modified timeline start? How did Marcus know about the Botany Bay when, in the original timeline, there was no record of it? Why did McCoy have a tribble, which was introduced to the Federation by Harry Mudd after they made peace with the Klingons, on the Enterprise when no sane person would let them loose on a starship?

You really do not want to try to argue that what Abrams did makes any type of sense. Trekkies have been dealing with YATIs since the beginning of time, we accept them as part of the nature of things. here are massive discrepancies between the two movies that don't hold up. For example, in the first movie they ejected the warp core and were still able to maneuver the ship using thrusters and impulse engines because those are completely seperate systems. In the knew movie the warp core injector was out of whack and it shut down every propulsion system they had.

By the way, wouldn't an injector that shoots tiny particles of antimatter need to be aligned a little better than a guy who flunked out of the academy be able to do?

How come there are no engineering personnel available to replace Scotty when he quit? Is the bridge crew the entire complement of the ship, and Scotty is just there to say how hard it is to fix things?

which is why Abrams was the wrong guy to do the movie.....that is how Star Wars Movies operate.....just have a crew and some action and fuck everything else....

Have any of you read the Star Trek book series created by James Blish?

no....he just did the Original Series Novelizations of the TV Episodes.....

i have read since the middle 80's every one of the original novels though ......as well as all the other series ......

Forum List

Back