Man of Sorrow

Do you approve of this message.

• No I do not and this is why........

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
last sentence ^ ... that's blasphemy -

Whatever has happened is better to deal with than blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. It is true that I just learned of this sin two days ago.

If one is so torn as to turn to atheism, then it must be a grave matter. However, God loves us and wants to forgive us. First, one has to forgive themselves and vow to not let the sin happen again. Then they have to repent. It means they have to change their minds about the sin and vow not to let it happen again. Oh no. This part is not easy. It may mean one has to give up (sacrifice) something. It may mean having to deal with an alcohol or drug addiction. It may mean one has to get help from someone else to understand the problem. It may mean they'll need counseling to get to the root of their sin. As long as one is alive, then it's not the end of the world. Instead of blaming God for one's problems, one has to accept the blame and the responsibility. I think it starts there.

What about you BreezeWood? Can you figure any of this out? One can overcome deep ignorance, but one has to admit they are ignorant first. I don't know, but I can learn and find out.
and vow to not let the sin happen again.

... that would only be the beginning, at an age and enough experience to stop sinning altogether, though not sinning is not all there is, being triumphant over sin is foremost as a minimum.

nothing wrong with being an atheist that triumphed over sin and arrived at the apex of knowledge before their death. the Everlasting is by faith, Columbus crossed the void and discovered land on the other side, the same for admission to the Everlasting a journey that does come to a conclusion for there to be success.

.. that would only be the beginning, at an age and enough experience to stop sinning altogether, though not sinning is not all there is, being triumphant over sin is foremost as a minimum.

nothing wrong with being an atheist that triumphed over sin and arrived at the apex of knowledge before their death. the Everlasting is by faith, Columbus crossed the void and discovered land on the other side, the same for admission to the Everlasting a journey that does come to a conclusion for there to be success.

None of what you said makes much sense to the OP. It probably does not apply. The OP has to overcome his sins and repent, but we do not know if he is willing to do this. He keeps saying he's gone atheist.

.. that would only be the beginning, at an age and enough experience to stop sinning altogether, though not sinning is not all there is, being triumphant over sin is foremost as a minimum.

None of what you said makes much sense to the OP. It probably does not apply. The OP has to overcome his sins and repent, but we do not know if he is willing to do this. He keeps saying he's gone atheist.

funny how the op can be a fundy one day then an atheist the next - his spiritualism must never have been a part of his beliefs, gained through reading a book ...

as long as they are not a sinner what can go wrong in judgement for the Everlasting - except the metaphysical is spiritual and how they will function as a dry noodle would be in question.

Some people have made massive financial mistakes that lead to bankruptcy. When dealing with bankruptcy there are other career issues, emotional issues and other massive obstacles to overcome. You can be in a hopeless situation where suicide seems like the only option. You can harvest all kinds of hope and inspiration from the resurrection story. Against all odds Jesus overcame death and defeated evil. You can totally be an atheist and be inspired by the story of Christ's resurrection. Why do Christians find it necessary to limit the scope of the Bible? The Bible is way more powerful than you are giving it credit.

funny how the op can be a fundy one day then an atheist the next - his spiritualism must never have been a part of his beliefs, gained through reading a book ...

as long as they are not a sinner what can go wrong in judgement for the Everlasting - except the metaphysical is spiritual and how they will function as a dry noodle would be in question.

It was never my intent to make you laugh.

I joined an elaborate club at a very young age. This club isn't so easy to get out of. What can I say?

The thoughts in my head do not negate my membership in this massive club. Expressing the thoughts in my head may or may not impact my membership in this club.

I have just been responding appropriately to my environment. Why is that so funny? It sounds like you respond appropriately to your environment too.

I joined an elaborate club at a very young age. This club isn't so easy to get out of. What can I say?

The thoughts in my head do not negate my membership in this massive club. Expressing the thoughts in my head may or may not impact my membership in this club.

I have just been responding appropriately to my environment. Why is that so funny? It sounds like you respond appropriately to your environment too.

Whether I believe in God or not does not change the immense benefits available as a member of this club.

If you want to make more sense of it just compare it to being a member of a marvel comics society.

There are very strange practices in the eyes of outsiders. You meet lots of wonderful friends that you only associate with in the context of the club. Then one day you decide marvel comics are stupid and you aren't going to waste hundreds of dollars on elaborate costumes anymore. It is kind of like that except every person in your family, your wife's family, and your kid's family are in the club. You are the only one who bails. Visiting those family members always results in hostile conversation because of all the hurt feelings. At the same time, you like reading the comic books. You even enjoy discussing it but no longer see it from a fanatical point of view and have no desire to go back to that.

You see Christianity as magic. I see Christianity as vast wisdom. You will never see it rationally until you dump the magic. There is no magic.

Last edited:

Whether I believe in God or not does not change the immense benefits available as a member of this club.

If you want to make more sense of it just compare it to being a member of a marvel comics society.

There are very strange practices in the eyes of outsiders. You meet lots of wonderful friends that you only associate with in the context of the club. Then one day you decide marvel comics are stupid and you aren't going to waste hundreds of dollars on elaborate costumes anymore. It is kind of like that except every person in your family, your wife's family, and your kid's family are in the club. You are the only one who bails. Visiting those family members always results in hostile conversation because of all the hurt feelings. At the same time, you like reading the comic books. You even enjoy discussing it but no longer see it from a fanatical point of view and have no desire to go back to that.

You see Christianity as magic. I see Christianity as vast wisdom. You will never see it rationally until you dump the magic. There is no magic.
What magic?

Some people have made massive financial mistakes that lead to bankruptcy. When dealing with bankruptcy there are other career issues, emotional issues and other massive obstacles to overcome. You can be in a hopeless situation where suicide seems like the only option. You can harvest all kinds of hope and inspiration from the resurrection story. Against all odds Jesus overcame death and defeated evil. You can totally be an atheist and be inspired by the story of Christ's resurrection. Why do Christians find it necessary to limit the scope of the Bible? The Bible is way more powerful than you are giving it credit.
Why would someone need to kill themself for going bankrupt?

You do realize that unless fraud was involved they can’t even put you in jail for being bankrupt. So I’m just wondering why someone would have to kill them selves for it.

You see Christianity as magic ...

:eusa_hand: . real magic is not an appropriate analogy, the church of the roman empire is a manufactured illusion.

I see Christianity as vast wisdom.

you are very confused there is great wisdom through the ages by the spoken religion of antiquity from the beginning to the closing scene of the 1st century.

christianity was made up during the full span of the 4th century, rather than wisdom they substituted their false messiah as described by them deliberately circumventing what you have referred too - they and you are the magicians, something out of nothing.

You do realize that unless fraud was involved they can’t even put you in jail for being bankrupt. So I’m just wondering why someone would have to kill them selves for it.

I was trying to paint a hopeless situation. The bankruptcy was irrelevant to the discussion. Let me repost it accurately for you.

I was trying to paint a hopeless situation. The bankruptcy was irrelevant to the discussion. Let me repost it accurately for you.
No need.

But I would like to know what magic you are talking about?

There seems to be quite a lot of confusion about this.

I’m just wondering why someone would have to kill them selves for it.

You don't have to wonder any more.

Some people end up in a hopeless situation.

The story of Christ's resurrection offers an abundance of inspiration and hope. Great victory can come out of what appears to be a hopeless situation.

You can totally be an atheist and be inspired by the story of Christ's resurrection. The inspiration works for Christians too. Don't limit the scope of the Bible. The Bible is extremely powerful to all humans. It is not limited to be used by only the people you like. Who are you? An 8th century Pope?

Fuck you hard if you say I cannot read the Bible. I most certainly can. I can like it too no matter what you dumbasses say. My religious beliefs have no mandate over what books I am allowed to enjoy. That is actually stupid as fuck if you think about it. I am sure thinking isn't a hobby of yours so I won't bother you with it.

Last edited:

What magic?

There is no magic. That was literally the last sentence in the post.

:eusa_hand: . real magic is not an appropriate analogy, the church of the roman empire is a manufactured illusion.

you are very confused there is great wisdom through the ages by the spoken religion of antiquity from the beginning to the closing scene of the 1st century.

christianity was made up during the full span of the 4th century, rather than wisdom they substituted their false messiah as described by them deliberately circumventing what you have referred too - they and you are the magicians, something out of nothing.

This constant 1st century/4th century reference is annoying as mess. Is there any way you can start a thread explaining this nonsense? Nobody knows what you mean. When I say nobody, that it includes you.

Where are these 1st century documents that energize you to have such a fanatical point of view?

This is my second request for you to start your own thread regarding this 1st Century/4th Century nonsense.

I’m just wondering why someone would have to kill them selves for it.

You don't have to wonder any more.

Some people end up in a hopeless situation.

The story of Christ's resurrection offers an abundance of inspiration and hope. Great victory can come out of what appears to be a hopeless situation.

You can totally be an atheist and be inspired by the story of Christ's resurrection. The inspiration works for Christians too. Don't limit the scope of the Bible. The Bible is extremely powerful to all humans. It is not limited to be used by only the people you like. Who are you? An 8th century Pope?

Fuck you hard if you say I cannot read the Bible. I most certainly can. I can like it too no matter what you dumbasses say. My religious beliefs have no mandate over what books I am allowed to enjoy. That is actually stupid as fuck if you think about it. I am sure thinking isn't a hobby of yours so I won't bother you with it.
People I like?’

I don’t dislike atheists. I have three sisters who are atheists.

What magic?

There is no magic. That was literally the last sentence in the post.
Just checking.

I have three sisters who are atheists.

Do they have your permission to enjoy the book titled, "Where the Red Fern Grows"?

Do they have your permission to enjoy the book titled, "Spaghetti Issues"?

What about the Bible? Are your atheist sisters allowed to enjoy reading the Bible if they want?

This constant 1st century/4th century reference is annoying as mess. Is there any way you can start a thread explaining this nonsense? Nobody knows what you mean. When I say nobody, that it includes you.

Where are these 1st century documents that energize you to have such a fanatical point of view?

This is my second request for you to start your own thread regarding this 1st Century/4th Century nonsense.

too bad for you - the subject has been explained to you already.

Christianity in the 4th century
was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

there is not a single original document for any of the material included in the 4th century christian bible. nor from the main participant their bible is a focus for.

your writings are littered with forgeries, appealing to a certain type.

you were the subject of the discussion, not your intent.

Forum List

Back