Man mistakenly arrested-for burglarizing own home-is jailed

You don't have anything, do you, though you have been told what the law is, QWB.

Son, you are not a law unto yourself.

You don't have anything, do you, though you have been told what the law is, QWB.

Son, you are not a law unto yourself.

No, I have watched you lay out your opinion of what the law is.

Do you recall the brouhaha when Arizona passed a law requiring anyone who was asked by a cop to show ID when asked? Do you really expect me to believe that you thought that was wrong, but you suddenly decided that police actually have the power to demand ID from me?

No, QWB, you are wrong on this, and your arguing does not change where you fall on the subject.

No, QWB, you are wrong on this, and your arguing does not change where you fall on the subject.

You really do not understand how the law works, do you? There are some states that have laws about ID and police, but most states do not have them. Other states only require you to give a name. Even the states that require you to produce an ID only require it under a narrow set of circumstances defined by Hiibel v Nevada.

Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fact is that only 4 states require you to give identifying information when asked by police, and those states require the police to have reasonable suspicion before they even ask.

Stop and identify statutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Strangely enough, none of them require you to carry an ID just in case a cop decides to figure out who you are.

Quantum Windbag

Two things:
1) How did you come up with your handle?
2) Do you realize you are arguing against yourself?

New Topics

Forum List

Back