Man may lose house over unmowed lawn

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
A Florida man went to South Carolina to take care of his mother’s estate after she died. He arranged for a neighbor to mow his lawn in the two months he was away.
Unfortunately, the neighbor also died and the lawn went unmowed.

The city charged him $500 for every day his lawn was unmowed
When he returned home he found his lawn overgrown and a $30,000 fine from the city.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...re-fine/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7e10070147ce

A Florida man went to South Carolina to take care of his mother’s estate after she died. He arranged for a neighbor to mow his lawn in the two months he was away.

When he returned home he found his lawn overgrown and a $30,000 fine from the city.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...re-fine/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7e10070147ce

Hopefully under the circumstances the city will back down, he may have to get a lawyer.
Unfortunately it's The Compost, they want me to subscribe to read anything..... Not happenin'.......

Here, you get 4 weeks, then the town cuts it and charges you $500.

Which, while a bit intrusive isn't the same as the HOA trying to foreclose on the guys house to get the fine $$ paid.

HOA's, similar to condo/co-op boards, are the very definition of the tyranny of petty authority.

Unfortunately it's The Compost, they want me to subscribe to read anything..... Not happenin'.......

They were good for a laugh, and I like knowing what the enemy is thinking, but they got so ludicrous I fired them after the 2016 election. They called and called offering this deal and that deal to get me back, and finally I let them know very clearly what I thought of them. They haven't called back since.

More reasonable than charging $500 a day

The guy had a legitimate reason for not being able to mow his lawn
No way the town is affected $500 a day when they could have had it mowed for $50

Excessive punishment

They were good for a laugh, and I like knowing what the enemy is thinking, but they got so ludicrous I fired them after the 2016 election. They called and called offering this deal and that deal to get me back, and finally I let them know very clearly what I thought of them. They haven't called back since.
I don't see them as "the enemy", don't really give a shit in that regard, it's just I don't subscribe to ANY news outlets.

No way the town is affected $500 a day when they could have had it mowed for $50

Excessive punishment
I agree it seems excessive, even though he was a repeat offender.
This is a case where his mother had been very ill and he was going up to take care of her. He was warned and made arrangements for his neighbor to cut it while he was away.....then the neighbor died

Read my link.

Excessive punishment
I agree it seems excessive, even though he was a repeat offender.
This is a case where his mother had been very ill and he was going up to take care of her. He was warned and made arrangements for his neighbor to cut it while he was away.....then the neighbor died

Excessive punishment

The Land of the Free. Woe to you if you don't mow your lawn. The authorities crack down on you. Hard.

What business do the goofs have whether or not that lawn is mowed? Them 'Merkuns sure love their overbearing, intrusive gubmint, don't they?

Excessive punishment

The Land of the Free. Woe to you if you don't mow your lawn. The authorities crack down on you. Hard.

What business do the goofs have whether or not that lawn is mowed? Them 'Merkuns sure love their overbearing, intrusive gubmint, don't they?

Overgrowth attracts vermin.

Forum List

Back