"Man made disasters" or War? Who Is Right

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano has called the war against terrorism "man made disasters in an interview with Der Spiegel.

Obama just recently said we are at war with Al Qaida.

Who is right? Will Napolitano abide by the new memo? How will this shape liberals?

Will they wake up and smell the coffee, or will they contine to bury their head in the sand? Isn't it dangerous to have such a blubbering idiot as homeland security secretary, when she doesn't realize the gravity of what's going on?

Obama-Speak: Homeland Security Secretary Replaces 'Terrorism' With the Term 'Man-Caused Disaster' | NewsBusters.org

SPIEGEL: Madame Secretary, in your first testimony to the US Congress as Homeland Security Secretary you never mentioned the word "terrorism." Does Islamist terrorism suddenly no longer pose a threat to your country?

NAPOLITANO: Of course it does. I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word "terrorism," I referred to "man-caused" disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.

Obama is in his speech:

"We are at war. We are at war against al Qaeda, a far-reaching network of violence and hatred that attacked us on 9/11, that killed nearly 3,000 innocent people, and that is plotting to strike us again. And we will do whatever it takes to defeat them"

I was just reading the speech, and I wasn't that impressed. There was one important sentence, but it's not enough. I will highlight it in red.

"Over the past two weeks, we've been reminded again of the challenge we face in protecting our country against a foe that is bent on our destruction. And while passions and politics can often obscure the hard work before us, let's be clear about what this moment demands. We are at war. We are at war against al Qaeda, a far-reaching network of violence and hatred that attacked us on 9/11, that killed nearly 3,000 innocent people, and that is plotting to strike us again. And we will do whatever it takes to defeat them.

And we've made progress. Al Qaeda's leadership is hunkered down. We have worked closely with partners, including Yemen, to inflict major blows against al Qaeda leaders. And we have disrupted plots at home and abroad, and saved American lives.

And we know that the vast majority of Muslims reject al Qaeda. But it is clear that al Qaeda increasingly seeks to recruit individuals without known terrorist affiliations not just in the Middle East, but in Africa and other places, to do their bidding. That's why I've directed my national security team to develop a strategy that addresses the unique challenges posed by lone recruits. And that's why we must communicate clearly to Muslims around the world that al Qaeda offers nothing except a bankrupt vision of misery and death –- including the murder of fellow Muslims –- while the United States stands with those who seek justice and progress.

To advance that progress, we've sought new beginnings with Muslim communities around the world, one in which we engage on the basis of mutual interest and mutual respect, and work together to fulfill the aspirations that all people share -- to get an education, to work with dignity, to live in peace and security. That's what America believes in. That's the vision that is far more powerful than the hatred of these violent extremists"

Yes, it's nice he finally realized that we are at war. However, based on the speech the war is almost entirely defensive.

It's mainly how we will screen out for terrorists and such. How the US will go on a PR campaign.

What war was ever won fighting defensively.

What needs to be done is that the fight needs to be taken where the terrorists are hiding, and that includes anying in the globe. That is what is missing.

Terrorists and their state sponsors need to know that they are not safe anywhere.

I agree with Pres. Bush when he said:

"Over time it's going to be important for nations to know they will be held accountable for inactivity," he said. "You're either with us or against us in the fight against terror."

Janet should be dismissed immediately. She can be easily written off as a poor choice. Obama can apologize to the citizens of the United States for appointing such an incompetent person to safeguard us from the very people he apologizes to for being so politically incorrect to in the past.

Obama can apologize to the citizens of the United States
Those apologies are reserved for the rest of the world. He would never apologize to the American people, no matter what occurs on his watch.

Obama referred to terrorists today as "nimble adversaries" I thought that was a hoot.

Last edited:
Declaring this to be an interesting topic, I am bookmarking and shall return. (In the middle of a massive baking project at the moment.)

The biggest "man-made disaster" I can think of is that shit pile we have in Washington these days. There isn't a single person in Congress that is worth the TP it takes to wipe his or her butt. The rats in the White House are even worse.

I think A15 just jumped in his car and is heading your way...

Have you been a good boy? If so, I just pulled some awesome cookies out of the oven. :)

As long as they are no-herb cookies.

I gave up that stuff years ago. Also I work for a strict company.

LOL. All out of herbs today so never fear. :)

Okay....cough...back on topic.

QUESTION and I really would like a heartfelt and serious answer:

Do any of you honestly believe any or all of the following?

1. The USA invited the 9/11 attack.

2. The USA deserved the 9/11 attack.

3. If our leadership hadn't made the terrorists mad, they wouldn't have attacked.

4. If we are considerate, respectful, and generous to the terrorists, they won't attack.

5. If we break diplomatic ties with Israel, the terrorists will love us for it.

Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano has called the war against terrorism "man made disasters in an interview with Der Spiegel.

Who is right? Will Napolitano abide by the new memo? How will this shape liberals?

This is just my way of looking at it.

I always considered war a man made disaster. That makes them both right. And what in the world has any of this to do with liberals?

I always considered war a man made disaster. That makes them both right. And what in the world has any of this to do with liberals?

I agree. War is a giant indecency and a collosal waste and man is one of the very few species who engages in it. That is what prompted my questions above.

While I do believe Napolitano is inept and totally unqualified for her position, I don't know what she meant by 'man made disaster'. I am not sure that she is blaming US for it, but lots of folks do including Obama's former pastor of 20 years and I think deep down he does too. So I was hoping at least some would be brave enough to address those questions.

Then we will know how many of us are actually on the same page and maybe more of us could agree on what is really wrong and what needs to be fixed.

I agree. War is a giant indecency and a collosal waste and man is one of the very few species who engages in it. That is what prompted my questions above.

While I do believe Napolitano is inept and totally unqualified for her position, I don't know what she meant by 'man made disaster'. I am not sure that she is blaming US for it, but lots of folks do including Obama's former pastor of 20 years and I think deep down he does too. So I was hoping at least some would be brave enough to address those questions.

Then we will know how many of us are actually on the same page and maybe more of us could agree on what is really wrong and what needs to be fixed.

Watching c-span recently, I saw an organizational flowchart of the homeland security department. It's my considered opinion that no one is qualified to run that department. Of course, I hold the same opinion concerning the presidency. Maybe prayer and fasting would help.

Well, I know that last people in charge were far worse. 3000 Americans dead on American soil, and the President of the United States says only six months later, "Bin Laden is not a concern of mine". And he meant it, for he had seven years to get him. And Bin Laden is still alive and free.

Well, I know that last people in charge were far worse. 3000 Americans dead on American soil, and the President of the United States says only six months later, "Bin Laden is not a concern of mine". And he meant it, for he had seven years to get him. And Bin Laden is still alive and free.

Naw, Bin Laden died at Tora Bora. We're chasing ghosts.

You would be flayed on the stand in cross examination. You believe the last bunch was worse, so do I. Neither of us know it. We don't have enough valid information. We live in a giant mushroon factory. We're kept in the dark and fed shit.

Okay....cough...back on topic.

QUESTION and I really would like a heartfelt and serious answer:

Do any of you honestly believe any or all of the following?

1. The USA invited the 9/11 attack.

2. The USA deserved the 9/11 attack.

3. If our leadership hadn't made the terrorists mad, they wouldn't have attacked.

4. If we are considerate, respectful, and generous to the terrorists, they won't attack.

5. If we break diplomatic ties with Israel, the terrorists will love us for it.

1. Not only was it invited, it was self induced.

2. Oh yes.

3. The terrorists who attacked on 9/11 were the government of the US through the CIA and Mossad.

4. Remove all of the US army bases in other countries, bring back all the troops and...yes, there'd be little beef with you Yanks.

5. Not only cut ties with Israel but, stop the investment and throw out all those Yank Jews who have infiltrated every aspect of US finance, especially those dual Nationality Jews who really do have power in DC.

Will they wake up and smell the coffee, or will they contine to bury their head in the sand? Isn't it dangerous to have such a blubbering idiot as homeland security secretary, when she doesn't realize the gravity of what's going on?

Obama-Speak: Homeland Security Secretary Replaces 'Terrorism' With the Term 'Man-Caused Disaster' | NewsBusters.org

SPIEGEL: Madame Secretary, in your first testimony to the US Congress as Homeland Security Secretary you never mentioned the word "terrorism." Does Islamist terrorism suddenly no longer pose a threat to your country?

NAPOLITANO: Of course it does. I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word "terrorism," I referred to "man-caused" disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.

Obama is in his speech:

"We are at war. We are at war against al Qaeda, a far-reaching network of violence and hatred that attacked us on 9/11, that killed nearly 3,000 innocent people, and that is plotting to strike us again. And we will do whatever it takes to defeat them"

What a load of patronizing bullshit. Yeah, we just can't think straight through our fear if the government uses scary words. Calm the masses with your psych 101 babble.

Obama is in his speech:

What a load of patronizing bullshit. Yeah, we just can't think straight through our fear if the government uses scary words. Calm the masses with your psych 101 babble.

Fear is important.

Americans need to know that there is a real threat out there from Al Qaida and not forget.

Forum List

Back