Man imprisoned for t-shirt in UK

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
A man who wore a T-shirt with offensive comments about the murders of Pc Fiona Bone and Pc Nicola Hughes on it just hours after they died has been sentenced to eight months in prison.

Barry Thew, 39, who has a lengthy criminal record, wore a T-shirt with ‘One less pig: Perfect justice’ hand-written on it the same day the two women police officers were gunned down.

Thew, of Radcliffe, Greater Manchester, admitted a Section 4A Public Order Offence (displaying writing or other visible representation with intention of causing harassment, alarm or distress) and was sentenced at Minshull Street Crown Court today.

'One less pig: perfect justice': Thug who wore t-shirt with vile slogan just hours after murders of two policewomen is jailed for eight months | Mail Online

8 months in prison for hurting people's feelings. Say what you want about the US being a police state, but we're not as far down the road as some.

A man who wore a T-shirt with offensive comments about the murders of Pc Fiona Bone and Pc Nicola Hughes on it just hours after they died has been sentenced to eight months in prison.

Barry Thew, 39, who has a lengthy criminal record, wore a T-shirt with ‘One less pig: Perfect justice’ hand-written on it the same day the two women police officers were gunned down.

Thew, of Radcliffe, Greater Manchester, admitted a Section 4A Public Order Offence (displaying writing or other visible representation with intention of causing harassment, alarm or distress) and was sentenced at Minshull Street Crown Court today.

'One less pig: perfect justice': Thug who wore t-shirt with vile slogan just hours after murders of two policewomen is jailed for eight months | Mail Online

8 months in prison for hurting people's feelings. Say what you want about the US being a police state, but we're not as far down the road as some.

I do not believe he should have gone to jail, but I do think someone should have beaten the crap out of him.

I do not believe he should have gone to jail, but I do think someone should have beaten the crap out of him.

Well I don't endorse assault, but I wouldn't get upset about it either.

And, perhaps, a related story-

Disagree with the Left, lose your job:

[You see, as a Liberal state, Maryland legislators passed a law to redefine marriage...of course, to allow same-sex marriage. People of Maryland claimed that this was too important to leave up to the legislators and demanded that it be placed on a ballot....
...Dr. McCaskill had the unmitigated gall to sign the petition! ....She must have thought that Americans still had that right! ]
Gallaudet official suspended for signing anti-same-sex marriage petition - Baltimore Sun

Seriously. If they spent as much time commenting on their own affairs as ours imagine what they could accomplish.

Forum List

Back