Man hitting road to lobby on impeachment

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By JOHN CURRAN, Associated Press Writer
Sat Dec 1, 4:15 AM ET

BRATTLEBORO, Vt. - John Nirenberg has waterproof sneakers, a bright yellow poncho and a plan. He also has outrage in his heart and much of his retirement savings tied up in his cause.

The 60-year-old author and academic plans to walk from Boston to Washington, D.C., to confront House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in hopes of persuading Congress to take up the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

Nirenberg says he's no activist. He hates snow, cold and darkness. He's not even sure he'll make a difference, but he's going to try.

He plans to hit the road Sunday, leaving from Faneuil Hall and walking 15 miles a day until he gets to Capitol Hill, stopping at the Statue of Liberty, Independence Hall and other symbolic locations as he makes his way to the U.S. Capitol.

Wearing a "Save the Constitution, Impeach Bush and Cheney," sandwich-board style sign, Nirenberg hopes to rally support for an issue Pelosi has said is no longer on the table.

"This is about satisfying my conscience. I just don't want to be the guy who says in five years that I regret not having stood up and said something.

more ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071201/ap_on_re_us/impeachment_walk

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if anyone wants to know who DeadCanDance is ...

What a loser

Yeah, a person turning off their TV and getting their ass up off their couch to go lobby congress, who have their jobs because of US, to do what a majority of Americans are demanding.

Such a sorry soul. He's going to miss the next couple episodes of I Love New York. How's he going to contribute to that discussion at the water cooler now? I mean, he'll be completely out of the loop!

What a loser

A little bit over half of eligible voters actually vote. At least this concerned person is taking legal action based on his beliefs (be his beliefs right or wrong). He was a member of the Civil Air Patrol as youth and later served in the U.S. Air Force. He was even the former dean of a school. He wrote books. Oh, I just remembered that he thinks that Bush and Cheney should be impeached. Yeah. What a loser. :rolleyes:

Yeah, a person turning off their TV and getting their ass up off their couch to go lobby congress, who have their jobs because of US, to do what a majority of Americans are demanding.

Such a sorry soul. He's going to miss the next couple episodes of I Love New York. How's he going to contribute to that discussion at the water cooler now? I mean, he'll be completely out of the loop!

The majority of Americans are not demanding impeachment.. The ones that want impeachment are the idiot anti-american liberals..

The majority of Americans are not demanding impeachment.. The ones that want impeachment are the idiot anti-american liberals..

I doubt that most Americans want impeachment. I’d like to see statistical proof that most people want Bush to be impeached. Oh the other hand, just because someone thinks that Bush should be impeached, does not make that person an idiot. I doubt that an idiot could be member of the Civil Air Patrol, serve in the Air Force, be the dean of a school, and write books. Also, it is not anti-American to want a particular president to be impeached.

I doubt that most Americans want impeachment. I’d like to see statistical proof that most people want Bush to be impeached. Oh the other hand, just because someone thinks that Bush should be impeached, does not make that person an idiot. I doubt that an idiot could be member of the Civil Air Patrol, serve in the Air Force, be the dean of a school, and write books. Also, it is not anti-American to want a particular president to be impeached.

He is an idiot to want Bush impeached when Bush has done nothing illegal or worthy of impeachment.. Also it is anti-american to want someone impeached because you dont agree with there politics.. The voters spoke twice by electing Bush..

He is an idiot to want Bush impeached when Bush has done nothing illegal or worthy of impeachment.. Also it is anti-american to want someone impeached because you dont agree with there politics.. The voters spoke twice by electing Bush..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_to_impeach_George_W._Bush

Those who have voiced support for impeachment include some Democratic and Republican members of the United States Congress (those idiotic liberal anti-American Republicans in congress), various other politicians and government officials… The reasons they offer for Bush's impeachment include concerns about the legitimacy, legality, and constitutionality of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and the controversial electronic surveillance of American citizens by the National Security Agency. These are not issues about his political positions. These are legitimate concerns.

2007 polls have shown public support ranging between 39 and 45 percent in favor of impeaching Bush…Wow! Nearly 40 percent of American voters could be idiot anti-American liberals, but don’t worry. The House of Representatives Judiciary Committee has not considered the impeachment of President Bush and the House of Representatives has taken no action to do so. The Democratic Party leadership has indicated that they have no intention of resolving to impeach him.

http://www.zogby.com/Soundbites/ReadClips.dbm?ID=12528

There's even more support for impeachment of Cheney.

By a margin of 52 to 43 percent, citizens want Congress to impeach President Bush if he wiretapped American citizens without a judge's approval, according to a new poll commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org, a grassroots coalition that supports a Congressional investigation of Pres. Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

Thanks for the information. I guess that if Bush wiretapped American citizens without a judge’s approval, most Americans would be idiot anti-american liberals.

This is just more "hate-Bush" bullshit by another dork Dimwit.

Impeachment proceedings would be a gross waste of time, money, and effort and other matters would suffer during the year it would take and by then Bush will be out of office anyway.

Gee, instead of actually working and making efforts on the issues, I wonder who the Dimwits are going to choose next for their hate-and-blame scapegoat?

This is just more "hate-Bush" bullshit by another dork Dimwit.

Impeachment proceedings would be a gross waste of time, money, and effort and other matters would suffer during the year it would take and by then Bush will be out of office anyway.

Weren’t the same types criticisms leveled against those who wanted Clinton to be impeached and removed from office?

Weren’t the same types criticisms leveled against those who wanted Clinton to be impeached and removed from office?
Not quite the same...Clinton was impeached in 1998 by the House on the charges of perjury to a grand jury and obstruction of justice. Although acquitted by the Senate, he was also cited for contempt of court. Clinton was fined $90,000 and had his law license suspended.

With Bush we are talking about national security issues and a gray area of the law with regard to that.

Not quite the same...Clinton was impeached in 1998 by the House on the charges of perjury to a grand jury and obstruction of justice. Although acquitted by the Senate, he was also cited for contempt of court. Clinton was fined $90,000 and had his law license suspended.

With Bush we are talking about national security issues and a gray area of the law with regard to that.

Perhaps you are right. Maybe we should investigate legitimacy of the war and the wiretaps before considering impeachment. I am personally ambivalent about the issue of impeachment. I still think that CrpRavens30 was “over the top” when he said that “ones that want impeachment are the idiot anti-american liberal”. I mean that people can have legitimate concerns about the legitimacy of the war and the wiretaps. People can think that Bush went over the line in the way that he is handling the supposed war on terror. These people can think that perhaps Bush should be impeached. They can be educated successful intelligent people wanting what they think is best for America and still think that Bush should be impeached. Just because some people (maybe as many as 50 percent of the voting public) think that perhaps Bush should be impeached, does not qualify them as idiots and anti-American. Shouldn’t people back away from the name-calling and insulting heavy-handed rhetoric? Whatever happened to civil discourse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_to_impeach_George_W._Bush

Those who have voiced support for impeachment include some Democratic and Republican members of the United States Congress (those idiotic liberal anti-American Republicans in congress), various other politicians and government officials… The reasons they offer for Bush's impeachment include concerns about the legitimacy, legality, and constitutionality of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and the controversial electronic surveillance of American citizens by the National Security Agency. These are not issues about his political positions. These are legitimate concerns.

2007 polls have shown public support ranging between 39 and 45 percent in favor of impeaching Bush…Wow! Nearly 40 percent of American voters could be idiot anti-American liberals, but don’t worry. The House of Representatives Judiciary Committee has not considered the impeachment of President Bush and the House of Representatives has taken no action to do so. The Democratic Party leadership has indicated that they have no intention of resolving to impeach him.

Liberals on this board and else where insist over half the american voting public are idiots and their proof is the 2004 election, So go ahead remind who thinks more americans are idiots?

Liberals on this board and else where insist over half the american voting public are idiots and their proof is the 2004 election, So go ahead remind who thinks more americans are idiots?

First of all:
CrpRavens30 made the claim that the ones that want impeachment are idiots and anti-america and liberal. I applied his claim to a survey. Based on the linkage, it is reasonable to conclude that CrpRavens30 would conclude that roughly half (plus or minus some points based on statistical error) of the voting public are idiots and anti-american.

Second of all:
I do not speak for liberals. I do not speak for conservatives. I speak for myself. Yet, it would be interesting to see posts by liberals on this board and elsewhere that could be construed to suggest that they think that most voting Americans are idiots and un-American. Would you supply such evidence? Even if you could and would, it would only be a criticism against those specific individual liberals.

I think that the bottom line is that people who have opinions that run contrary to yours are not idiots and they are not un-American. They simply have different ideas about whom they want as a leader and they have different ideas about what would be best for America. I suppose that this is the fundamental point that I am trying to make.

First of all:
CrpRavens30 made the claim that the ones that want impeachment are idiots and anti-america and liberal. I applied his claim to a survey. Based on the linkage, it is reasonable to conclude that CrpRavens30 would conclude that roughly half (plus or minus some points based on statistical error) of the voting public are idiots and anti-american.

Second of all:
I do not speak for liberals. I do not speak for conservatives. I speak for myself. Yet, it would be interesting to see posts by liberals on this board and elsewhere that could be construed to suggest that they think that most voting Americans are idiots and un-American. Would you supply such evidence? Even if you could and would, it would only be a criticism against those specific individual liberals.

Here we go again, is it not amazing that when pointed out the ignorance, that suddenly liberals and " independents" just never "saw" those threads? You can not possibly be serious? Claiming you have not seen the claim made here repeatedly by the left that anyone that voted for Bush was an idiot, or just plain stupid?

This is why you and several others get the "stupid" treatment.

Here we go again, is it not amazing that when pointed out the ignorance, that suddenly liberals and " independents" just never "saw" those threads? You can not possibly be serious? Claiming you have not seen the claim made here repeatedly by the left that anyone that voted for Bush was an idiot, or just plain stupid?

This is why you and several others get the "stupid" treatment.

1. Ad Hominems are irrelevant to discussions and debates. Name-calling is unnecessary.

2. I am not stupid. On the contrary, when I make a claim, I provide evidence. It would be nice for others to do likewise.

I don’t intentionally take sides and play favorites. I expect evidence from each person who makes a suspicious claim. I think that Paulitics is a liberal but it does not matter. In post number 3, he implied that the majority of Americans are demanding impeachment. In post number 6, I say that I doubt that most Americans want impeachment and that I’d like to see statistical proof to the contrary. Paulitics provides a link, in post number 9, to statistical information that seems to support his claim.

Check out the sequence of posts for yourself. Now it is your turn. Show me where a liberal practically says that most voting Americans are idiots and that they are un-Americans and that they are liberals.

1. Ad Hominems are irrelevant to discussions and debates. Name-calling is unnecessary.

2. I am not stupid. On the contrary, when I make a claim, I provide evidence. It would be nice for others to do likewise.

I don’t intentionally take sides and play favorites. I expect evidence from each person who makes a suspicious claim. I think that Paulitics is a liberal but it does not matter. In post number 3, he implied that the majority of Americans are demanding impeachment. In post number 6, I say that I doubt that most Americans want impeachment and that I’d like to see statistical proof to the contrary. Paulitics provides a link, in post number 9, to statistical information that seems to support his claim.

Check out the sequence of posts for yourself. Now it is your turn. Show me where a liberal practically says that most voting Americans are idiots and that they are un-Americans and that they are liberals.

Why bother ? It has been said here so many times if you did not "see" it then, I doubt you will see it now. Go ahead and pretend your right. I and the rest of the intelligent bunch know how ignorant your claim is.

Forum List

Back