Man given life iin prison for DUI

• Banned
Am watching this on FOX right now. Should have locked him up after third conviction.

Can you believe that idiot and his "why don't we just electrocute people for stealing candy bars" routine? Is it any wonder people are sick of hearing from liberals? They have to just make a mockery out of everything.

He is not going to die in prison. He will be out of prison within 5 years, though he will be on parole for the rest of his life.

• Banned
He is not going to die in prison. He will be out of prison within 5 years, though he will be on parole for the rest of his life.

Think he'll get parole on the first go around? I'm doubtful myself.

I am a little bit myself, which is why I said 5 years instead of 2.

According to FoxNews he won't be eligible for parole for 5 years. so that WOULD be his first time, if they are correct.

Think he'll get parole on the first go around? I'm doubtful myself.

According to FoxNews he won't be eligible for parole for 5 years. so that WOULD be his first time, if they are correct.

They are correct, just not informed. That 5 year number does not consider good time he will be earning while he is in prison. Texas gives you 20 days for every 30 you serve, and that will include any time he has already done.

They are correct, just not informed. That 5 year number does not consider good time he will be earning while he is in prison. Texas gives you 20 days for every 30 you serve, and that will include any time he has already done.

Hmm, bit different in Arkansas, but wouldn't be the first time.

I can't imagine him getting out in less than 10 though.

9th conviction. I said good. What say you?

Man Convicted of 10th Texas DWI May Die Behind Bars - Total DUI

I say GOOD

I have no- none- not any- sympathy for folks like this.

And the opinion in the thread seems fairly unanimous...but I wonder if anyone would like to venture an opinion on case that I see as somewhat analogous- yet had a very different outcome:

" Prior to driving on the Foothill Freeway, the three men had spent the night watching a basketball game and drinking at a friend’s house in Los Angeles. After being tested 5 hours after the incident, [his] blood-alcohol level was found to be just under the legal limit. This meant that his blood alcohol level was approximately 0.19—nearly two and a half times the legal limit in California—when he was driving.

...spotted [his] car speeding. The [police pursued] and the subsequent freeway chase reached speeds in excess of 100 mph.[4] According to [the perpetrators] own statements, he refused to pull the car over because a DUI would violate his parole for a previous robbery conviction...the chase continued through residential streets at speeds allegedly ranging from 55 to 80 mph.

ordered [the perpetrator] and his two passengers to exit the vehicle and lie face down on ... When he finally did emerge, he acted bizarrely: giggling; patting the ground;...physically resisted....rose up, tossing Officers ...off his back. King then allegedly struck Officer Briseno in the chest.

He rose and moved toward [the officer] ...termed it a "lunge", and said it was in the direction of [the officer] From the videotape it is impossible to tell whether the movement is intended as an attack ..."

Recall who this perpetrator was?

Rather than a life in prison, this perpetrator "...awarded $3.8 million in a civil case...."

In a nation of laws, not men, to use John Adam's words, one should recall the name of the perpetrator.

Details above from wikipedia.

Only PC would try to make this thread about Rodney King. Of course, PC has no problem with police brutality.

He was caught 10 times. That does not indicate the total amount of times he drove drunk.

Good he is off the road. When he gets out he may feel differently about driving drunk.

Am watching this on FOX right now. Should have locked him up after third conviction.

Can you believe that idiot and his "why don't we just electrocute people for stealing candy bars" routine? Is it any wonder people are sick of hearing from liberals? They have to just make a mockery out of everything.

The guy had no point and just spewed on about nonsensical shit. He said something like "yes, we have to have punishment, harsh punishment BUT not this, blah, blah, blah." WTF?? Life in prison IS harsh punishment but he went all waaaahhh over it cause that poor, poor dui dude had to go to jail. Wadda doooofus.

He was caught 10 times. That does not indicate the total amount of times he drove drunk.

Good he is off the road. When he gets out he may feel differently about driving drunk.

He's a drunk, he won't feel differently about it. And when he gets out, unless he is clean and sober, he will drive drunk again.

Hmm, bit different in Arkansas, but wouldn't be the first time.

I can't imagine him getting out in less than 10 though.

General rule of thumb when the prisons are at, or near, capacity is that you do about a month for every year. For the purposes of parole a life sentence is equivalent to 20 years, so that means 20 months. He will actually be up for parole before he ever gets into the prison system, and Texas paroles people from the county jails if they can. The only way this guy will do anything close to 10 years is if he screws up a lot in prison. The fact that he has been through this before tells me he probably knows how to game the system well enough to get out on his first or second parole.

Forum List

Back