Man gets hit by lightening in the shower!!!!

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
I was just watching the local news here and they had breaking news about a man who had been hit by lightening when he was taking a shower!!!! They haven't put a story up yet in the website,but I'll post it when they do. They were interviewing him on the phone and he is o.k.,but a little shook up! We have been having some severe storms here and I guess he was hit last night sometime,or even tonight. I had heard this can happen,but then I have also heard it can't. Obviously it can and the weatherman was saying that you can also get electricuted through the phone line and even with a cordless!!! Be careful out there!!!

:eek: :eek:

My mom always told me, don't mess with water and don't talk on the phone when it's lightening, LOL! Last month my husband and dog were electrocuted through the cement floor during a lightening storm. That was scary!!!

Hannitized said:
My mom always told me, don't mess with water and don't talk on the phone when it's lightening, LOL! Last month my husband and dog were electrocuted through the cement floor during a lightening storm. That was scary!!!

:shocked: :shocked:

Oh my goodness!!! Through a cement floor?!!! I remember my mom telling us when we were kids not to take a shower when it was lightening,but I never heard of someone actually getting hit. My,my,you learn something new everyday!

Oh,i hope the hubby and pup are o.k.!!

Yeah it was pretty scary. Our office used to be the garage, when they put the carpet in, they put it over the cement, no padding or anything. The dog was on the floor and the hubby was at the desk. Someone told us that the cement absorbed the moisture and when it hit, it went all through the cement. The dog was stuck to the floor crying and couldn't get up. The husband was stuck to the computer mouse, thankfully, and couldn't move. It really was scary. They walked around for a couple of days shaking, but they're good now, just an extreme fear of lightening, LOL! If it just thunders he's unplugging everything and running into the living room, LMAO, it's not funny, but it is, LOL!!
Sorry, babbling, extremely tired, LOL!

Hannitized said:
Yeah it was pretty scary. Our office used to be the garage, when they put the carpet in, they put it over the cement, no padding or anything. The dog was on the floor and the hubby was at the desk. Someone told us that the cement absorbed the moisture and when it hit, it went all through the cement. The dog was stuck to the floor crying and couldn't get up. The husband was stuck to the computer mouse, thankfully, and couldn't move. It really was scary. They walked around for a couple of days shaking, but they're good now, just an extreme fear of lightening, LOL! If it just thunders he's unplugging everything and running into the living room, LMAO, it's not funny, but it is, LOL!!
Sorry, babbling, extremely tired, LOL!

I always thought the basement was scary! :shocked:

Kathianne said:
I always thought the basement was scary! :shocked:
Kathianne, we don't even have basements down here, LOL! That's one thing I loved about your neck of the woods. I'd never even seen a basement until I moved north, LOL!

Hannitized said:
Kathianne, we don't even have basements down here, LOL! That's one thing I loved about your neck of the woods. I'd never even seen a basement until I moved north, LOL!

My bad, reading too quick, garage! Well they're damn scary too! Not as bad as a basement at night though! :eek2:

Kathianne said:
My bad, reading too quick, garage! Well they're damn scary too! Not as bad as a basement at night though! :eek2:
Ours is pretty creepy. Before we moved in, the garage was an actual garage and the lady who lived here came home, walked in, and 2 kids that were robbing the place jumped out and shot her. She stumbled out to the yard and died, clutching her Bible. Freaks me out everytime I'm down here by myself. :( (Don't tell anyone, but she visits, LOL)

Hannitized said:
Ours is pretty creepy. Before we moved in, the garage was an actual garage and the lady who lived here came home, walked in, and 2 kids that were robbing the place jumped out and shot her. She stumbled out to the yard and died, clutching her Bible. Freaks me out everytime I'm down here by myself. :( (Don't tell anyone, but she visits, LOL)

:tank: I'd keep one of these then!

Kathianne said:
I don't like ghosts! They are worse than the basement! :teeth:
Well, what in the world do you think that :tank: is gonna do to a ghost, LOL!! She's a nice ghost though, lol, although she did freak Joshie out when he was a baby, man that would piss me off! But she's okay now, LOL!! :beer:

Hannitized said:
Well, what in the world do you think that :tank: is gonna do to a ghost, LOL!! She's a nice ghost though, lol, although she did freak Joshie out when he was a baby, man that would piss me off! But she's okay now, LOL!! :beer:

Criminey! Dang I would be out of there so fast!

Hannitized said:
I'll introduce you when you come for a visit, LOL! ;)

I'm really excited to come and visit, but think I'll stay at Marriott's! Thanks! :teeth:

Kathianne said:
I'm really excited to come and visit, but think I'll stay at Marriott's! Thanks! :teeth:
No, we have room here. The couch in the office folds out to a bed, LOL!! :banana:

Hannitized said:
No, we have room here. The couch in the office folds out to a bed, LOL!! :banana:

Think that's reserved for the lady with the bible! Besides, I know the kids would wake me before my normal rising time! :terror:

Hit by lightning in the shower.

I guess we know what HE was doing!

Clue: He wasn't singing.

:D

Forum List

Back