Man does 19 yrs for child molesting. Now "victim" says she made it all up!!

Another he said she said case falls apart. We need to stop convicting people just on what the alleged victim says. People lie about everything.

Man in prison 19 years for child molestation freed after alleged victim admits making story up to get more attention from her mother - Orrazz

Jerry Lee Brock, 55, had been in prison since his conviction for first-degree molestation in 1995. In 2012, the alleged victim, Regina Rush, came forward to say she made the whole thing up, partly as a way to get more attention from her mother.

Last week, Thurston County Superior Court Judge Erik Price ordered a new trial after finding the recantation credible, and on Thursday, he signed an order vacating Brock's conviction. The order stated that Brock "shall no longer remain in the custody of the Washington State Department of Corrections."

. A new trial was scheduled for February, but it wasn't clear prosecutors would proceed with it, given that the girl's story was the primary evidence against him.

Rush was 11 years old when she accused Brock, a friend of her mother, of molesting her while she was sleeping. She repeated the allegations at trial, and Brock was convicted. He was sentenced to life in prison under the state's "three-strikes" law; he also had convictions for burglary and promoting prostitution.

But in 2012, Rush came forward to say she was haunted by what she had done. In a six-page, typewritten admission, she denied that Brock touched her inappropriately. She said she made up the story because she wanted attention from her mother and because she worried that Brock was a drug user and a bad influence on her mom

Entirely possible the retraction's the lie, and original testimony the truth. Things get cloudy after 19 years. And in order to cope with childhood traumas sometimes victims suppress the events and invent new histories to help cope with them.

There is almost no way to protect yourself from a monumental lie. Which is why the liars should be punished more harshly than the crime itself.
Yeah..I think the most dangerous job is a high school teacher. Especially a male teacher.
There was a case recently where a male teacher was accused by 4 girls of some type of sexual thing.
As the investigation progressed there were holes appearing in the stories told by the girls. One girl finally cracked under pressure from her parents who finally were able to drag the truth from her.
The teacher was cleared. However his reputation has been tarnished. He is fighting the school district to be reinstated. He is also suing the parents of all 4 girls.
The facts of the case became clear once the girl confessed they were angry with the teacher about their grades.
Seen it happened to more than one teacher, but, that said, known more than one basketball coach that was banging students.

If there weren't so many sorry teachers actually banging kids, the false accusers would be much less believable.

But, they are out there, no doubt about it.

There is almost no way to protect yourself from a monumental lie. Which is why the liars should be punished more harshly than the crime itself.
Yeah..I think the most dangerous job is a high school teacher. Especially a male teacher.
There was a case recently where a male teacher was accused by 4 girls of some type of sexual thing.
As the investigation progressed there were holes appearing in the stories told by the girls. One girl finally cracked under pressure from her parents who finally were able to drag the truth from her.
The teacher was cleared. However his reputation has been tarnished. He is fighting the school district to be reinstated. He is also suing the parents of all 4 girls.
The facts of the case became clear once the girl confessed they were angry with the teacher about their grades.
Seen it happened to more than one teacher, but, that said, known more than one basketball coach that was banging students.

If there weren't so many sorry teachers actually banging kids, the false accusers would be much less believable.

But, they are out there, no doubt about it.

Happened to my cousin...his wife made the whole thing up for leverage in a divorce.

His 4-page suicide note went into some detail about it.

Another he said she said case falls apart. We need to stop convicting people just on what the alleged victim says. People lie about everything.

Man in prison 19 years for child molestation freed after alleged victim admits making story up to get more attention from her mother - Orrazz

Jerry Lee Brock, 55, had been in prison since his conviction for first-degree molestation in 1995. In 2012, the alleged victim, Regina Rush, came forward to say she made the whole thing up, partly as a way to get more attention from her mother.

Last week, Thurston County Superior Court Judge Erik Price ordered a new trial after finding the recantation credible, and on Thursday, he signed an order vacating Brock's conviction. The order stated that Brock "shall no longer remain in the custody of the Washington State Department of Corrections."

. A new trial was scheduled for February, but it wasn't clear prosecutors would proceed with it, given that the girl's story was the primary evidence against him.

Rush was 11 years old when she accused Brock, a friend of her mother, of molesting her while she was sleeping. She repeated the allegations at trial, and Brock was convicted. He was sentenced to life in prison under the state's "three-strikes" law; he also had convictions for burglary and promoting prostitution.

But in 2012, Rush came forward to say she was haunted by what she had done. In a six-page, typewritten admission, she denied that Brock touched her inappropriately. She said she made up the story because she wanted attention from her mother and because she worried that Brock was a drug user and a bad influence on her mom

Entirely possible the retraction's the lie, and original testimony the truth. Things get cloudy after 19 years. And in order to cope with childhood traumas sometimes victims suppress the events and invent new histories to help cope with them.

It is far more likely she is telling the truth now since she did not even know if he was still in jail or not.

She should serve 19 years and the man wrongfully imprisoned should receive $19 million from the state.

No...she should serve LWOP, he should receive $19 billion, and the prosecutor should be knelt down and shot.

What about those who give false testimony at murder trials? Would you put them in prison for life? If no, it does not make any sense at all you would put someone in jail that long for what they did as a little child but not an adult.

Females, they learn lying in the womb,

Detroit Tigers just released a pitcher named Evan Reed who'd been accused of date raping some bar fly MILF in a downtown hotel.... She claimed he'd drugged her and taken her to his room. The CCTV tape showed she was walking just fine and didn't look under duress or drugged. So she spends the night, in the morning he tells her to scram...so she goes to the cops....the investigation hangs over him all summer...then a judge dismissed the charges....but wait, the prosecutor, a fat ugly black woman, goes judge shopping and gets the charges refiled. Poor bastard has to go through it all again while trying to find a new job in baseball. I say if it's thrown out again, the bar fly gets charged with a criminal conspiracy and if convicted, does 2-10. Somebody somewhere has to make these losers pay.

She should serve 19 years and the man wrongfully imprisoned should receive $19 million from the state.

No...she should serve LWOP, he should receive $19 billion, and the prosecutor should be knelt down and shot.

What about those who give false testimony at murder trials? Would you put them in prison for life? If no, it does not make any sense at all you would put someone in jail that long for what they did as a little child but not an adult.

Yes...whatever sentence a murderer would get, PLUS whatever perjury gets.

Detroit Tigers just released a pitcher named Evan Reed who'd been accused of date raping some bar fly MILF in a downtown hotel.... She claimed he'd drugged her and taken her to his room. The CCTV tape showed she was walking just fine and didn't look under duress or drugged. So she spends the night, in the morning he tells her to scram...so she goes to the cops....the investigation hangs over him all summer...then a judge dismissed the charges....but wait, the prosecutor, a fat ugly black woman, goes judge shopping and gets the charges refiled. Poor bastard has to go through it all again while trying to find a new job in baseball. I say if it's thrown out again, the bar fly gets charged with a criminal conspiracy and if convicted, does 2-10. Somebody somewhere has to make these losers pay.

If I were single again, I'd never have sex unless it was being videotaped.

I'm serious.

I'm serious.
Admit it, Bear, you just want to be able to go back and watch the tapes for your own pleasure. Heh, heh, heh. :badgrin:

I'm serious.
Admit it, Bear, you just want to be able to go back and watch the tapes for your own pleasure. Heh, heh, heh. :badgrin:

LOL the wife and I made a sex tape once, watching yourself have sex on a 70" tv isn't near as glamorous as one might hope.

:rofl:

I'm serious.

LOL the wife and I made a sex tape once, watching yourself have sex on a 70" tv isn't near as glamorous as one might hope.

:rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Perjury is a CRIME.

Forum List

Back