Man Charged For Protecting His Family

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Meister, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Meister

Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,102
    An example of federal government injustice:

Jeremy Hill of Idaho is facing a trial, after he shot and killed a grizzly bear that came into his yard.

Hill claims that he came into the yard where his children were playing to find three grizzly bears had entered the property. He shot one of the bears, killing it and scaring the others away.

Hill reported the incident to the state authorities, who did not express concern. But federal authorities have charged Hill with killing an endangered species.

The case has stoked passions has attracted many supporters, including Idaho's republican governor Butch Otter. If convicted, Hill could face a year in prison or a $50,000 fine.

Hill's trial is scheduled to begin on October 4th.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/25/jeremy-hill-grizzly-bear-shooting_n_936369.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    or he could just be a poacher covering his tracks

3. Meister

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,102
    Actually, the facts don't back that up, Bones. If he was a poacher....he wouldn't have called the state authorities.

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,848
  5. Kooshdakhaa

Kooshdakhaa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +598
    I don't know, I have mixed feeling about this. I have a feeling he didn't really have to shoot that bear. I have a feeling he could have made his kids go in the house, and then hazed the bears, scaring them off.

Because if the bears had actually tried to hurt his kids, they would have hurt his kids. They weren't trying to hurt anyone. They were just being curious, sound like.

I'm really thinking he could've just scared the bears off. The other two ran away when he fired his gun. He could have just fired his gun and all three would have run.

He's living in a bad spot if he has issues with grizzly bears! I got this from another article:

Read more: Outrage as man is charged with shooting endangered grizzly bear after it threatened his children | Mail Online

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  6. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,827
    You can think anything you like.

As far as I'm concerned it's his word against the word of a dead bear and any other witnessess.

My vote: Not guilty.

7. chikenwing

chikenwing Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,960
    Just scare off a brown bear??!!,ya works every time at leat for the other two anyway and know one knows what a bear will do at any given time. The house is of no protection from a brown bear.

Because if the bears had actually tried to hurt his kids, they would have hurt his kids. They weren't trying to hurt anyone.

now you sound like that guy that thought they were freindly and him and his girlfriend were lunch. What ever his name was he was really ignorant about bears.

8. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    LOL.

In a weird way, I just witnessed history.

mani made sense.

I think.

9. Kooshdakhaa

Kooshdakhaa Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +598
    I am the first one to defend a person's right to protect themselves and their family against marauding wildlife. But I don't think these bears were aggressive, and could easily have been scared off.

Reminds me of a guy in my neighborhood who shot a neighbor's dog who came into his yard. Used the excuse that a two-year old was present and the dog was menacing. He's full of bull. He just wanted to shoot that dog and he knew because it was a pitbull everyone would be on his side. He was a weenie. I could have taken care of that dog without shooting it. He just wanted to do it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  10. Meister

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,102
    This is a no brainer....if the bears become familiar with the house and the scent of garbage, or food....they will come back and become a nuisance. The state authorites understand this kind of existance between people and wildlife....the feds, not so much.