Man Busted With A Ton Of Potassium Nitrate

Depends on what he has it for. It's a fertiliser. It's also capable of being used to make explosives. It's very popular in the opal fields in Australia because it's cheaper than other explosives and you can also make the bang as big or small as you like.

It's about context.

2000 pounds?

900 kg - hmmmm - 50 kg a bag.....yes, that's a lot. And it degrades over time so he must be using a fair bit of it at a time. But again, the context will be important. If he's making illegal fireworks then that may - I stress "may" - explain it.

I am glad the cops checked it out. It seems there is nothing to worry about - perhaps some local laws were violated, but no terrorist links

I am glad the cops checked it out. It seems there is nothing to worry about - perhaps some local laws were violated, but no terrorist links

I have no problem with them checking it out, they had to. It makes sense to do so. BUT if the only thing they charged him with is reckless endangerment and admit he was no threat, it sounds to me like a charge to get something for the time in checking it out.

I have no problem with them checking it out, they had to. It makes sense to do so. BUT if the only thing they charged him with is reckless endangerment and admit he was no threat, it sounds to me like a charge to get something for the time in checking it out.

Agreed. However, if local laws were violated maybe just have him get rid of the stuff and move on

Forum List

Back