Man burns self, children, woman...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,125656,00.html

weird. :( just a few miles from where I live....

Naturally I'll see some replies suggesting this is just a ploy of GWB... :(

BONNEY LAKE, Wash. — A man doused his on-and-off girlfriend and three small children with gasoline while holding them at gunpoint in a car, set them on fire and crashed, killing the youngsters and dying soon afterward.

The 19-year-old woman was clinging to life in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center (search) in Seattle following the crash early Wednesday at an intersection near this town east of Tacoma, Pierce County sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer said.

The 24-year-old man was pronounced dead on arrival at Harborview.

The 6-month-old boy, 1-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl were each the children of either the man, the woman or both adults, who had a troubled relationship in the South Hill area of Puyallup (search), Troyer said.

The woman's relatives indicated there had been "some unreported domestic violence" before she filed an assault complaint in recent days, and a deputy was assigned about two days ago when she failed to follow through, he said.

"They were in the process of getting back together or breaking up, off and on," he said.

The grisly spectacle unfolded about 1 a.m. PDT when an area resident reported hearing a crash and seeing two adults completely on fire as they stumbled across the road.

Troyer said the man had the children get into the back of the early 1990s-model sedan and the woman into the front passenger seat, then pulled a gun, doused them with gasoline and flicked a lighter to set them on fire as he drove.

Shortly afterward the car went off the road and overturned near the intersection of 256th and the Sumner-Buckley Highway (search).

The woman managed to go to a nearby neighbor for help and firefighters found the bodies of the children in the back of the car shortly after they arrived and sprayed down the wreckage.

The man was incoherent but the woman was managed to speak briefly with investigators at the scene, Troyer said.

"Fortunately, she was able to give us preliminary information," he said.

It was not immediately known where the car had been before the crash, Troyer said.

Saw this in the news when I was getting ready for work this morning. Sick indeed. On the radio - reports are she is not expected to make it.

However, additional background suggests there were probelms betweent he two previously, but she did not take out a restraining order.

This will cause people to proclaim we need to ban gasoline.

Then, require background checks and 2 week waiting periods for matches.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Saw this in the news when I was getting ready for work this morning. Sick indeed. On the radio - reports are she is not expected to make it.

However, additional background suggests there were probelms betweent he two previously, but she did not take out a restraining order.

She lost her children and suffered major burns over her entire body.... Im not sure Id want to make it myself.

I hope when the guy died, it was slow and painful.

nycflasher said:
Just saw that, man, that's messed up.
Big D finally lost it, eh?
Nope, it was just another mexican killing his family, nothing new.

Sorry not only was he a mexican, he was a illegal alien.

"He was a good person," she said. "He was an illegal immigrant here, but he was a hard worker and tried to do what he had to do to make it.

"He just went over the deep end. He probably just loved her too much. He didn't want to see his kids being taken care of by another man."
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040715_38.html

I saw this yesterday and made me sick when I saw the ages of those children, 6 MONTHS OLD??? nobody deserves to die that way, and yes, the girl did die after getting to the hospital, think she died 4 hours later. Crazy world we live in.

janeeng said:
I saw this yesterday and made me sick when I saw the ages of those children, 6 MONTHS OLD??? nobody deserves to die that way, and yes, the girl did die after getting to the hospital, think she died 4 hours later. Crazy world we live in.
Although this is a sad story, it is nice to "celebrate diversity" and learn more of the hispanic culture and their family values.

Good white people, ignore ALL crimes by illegal aliens the media has taught you well.

Forum List

Back