Man bites HC?

sparky

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2008
paradise
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/20/man-robs-bank-so-he-can-go-to-jail-and-get-health-care/

Often, crimes are borne of desperation. However, most robberies aren't motivated by a desperate need for health care.

James Richard Verone, of Georgia, attempted to steal one dollar from a bank so that he would be arrested, taken to jail and — most importantly — provided with health care, the Gaston Gazette reported.

Verone worked for Coca-Cola for 17 years, but lost that job three years ago. Now 59 years old, Verone can't handle the physical demands of the part-time jobs, like working in a convenience store, that he has successfully been hired for. Hence, he has no health care.

“The pain was beyond the tolerance that I could accept,” he told the Gazette. “I kind of hit a brick wall with everything.”

He had no criminal record prior to the planned robbery June 9, either. On that day, he walked into a bank, handed the teller a note demanding a dollar, then sat and waited calmly for the police to arrive and arrest him.

"Man robs bank so he can go to jail and get health care."

Listen don't knock him, soon Americans will be committing crime to get an education, eat, and have a roof over their head. In the Great Depression they just didn't have these nice prison facilitates, anyone who thinks America hasn't progressed is dead wrong. Prisons are nice now compared to a republican world, and republicans love them as privatization will mean more cash in their coffers. The elderly are actually banning together into gangs and hoping for one of those nice white collar prisons when Ryan and cohorts screw them on Medicare and Social Security. Good idea, prison, don't you think? While it is rather odd that prisoners do better than working Americans don't knock it as one day you may need it. Prisons may just become the new retirement facilities, we'll need legislation for 55 and older prisons. And when welfare goes, no one will complain about a solid roof over their head and nice fence to protect the little they have left in life. Imagine a place where you get free health care, free food, and all your friends are there too. A new age will have dawned. 'Mommy, I wanna grow up to be a prisoner.' 'That's nice Joanie now finish your bread and water.' 'Mommy prison food is better, I just hope I can get there someday?'

Last edited:
it's sad what neoconservatism and Reaganomics have done to America.

Yes I agree that it is a shame, but Reganonmics isn't responsible for the mess that our HC system is in.

We had a mostly functional third party payer system but that has become less functional as the population grows older, and as the health care they recieve actually works better than it once did (and not surprisingly also got more expensive relative to incomes, too).

The degree to which Reganonomic might play some role in the HC mess is where Reganomics assumes responsibility for the steady erosion of the middle class economy and by extention in the solvency of our federal, state and local governments.

it's sad what neoconservatism and Reaganomics have done to America.

Yes I agree that it is a shame, but Reganonmics isn't responsible for the mess that our HC system is in.

We had a mostly functional third party payer system but that has become less functional as the population grows older, and as the health care they recieve actually works better than it once did (and not surprisingly also got more expensive relative to incomes, too).

The degree to which Reganonomic might play some role in the HC mess is where Reganomics assumes responsibility for the steady erosion of the middle class economy and by extention in the solvency of our federal, state and local governments.

Reaganomics theorists beileve if you give a few rich fraudulent laced health care companies have all the money they might let some of the the health care dollars trickle down to the rest of us.

Forum List

Back