Man beheads Hitler waxwork

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
BERLIN, Germany (CNN) -- A man raced into Berlin's Madame Tussauds wax museum Saturday and ripped the head off a waxwork of Adolf Hitler, police said.

Police said the 41-year-old entered the exhibit shortly after the museum doors opened and "made for the Hitler figure," scuffling with a guard assigned to protect it and the manager before tearing the head off the life-size statue.

The man was arrested and is now in custody, Berlin police spokeswoman Uwe Kozelnik said. He told officers he wanted to protest the figure being included in the museum.

Museum official Nathalie Ruoss said organizers would decide Monday what to do about the figure.

Saturday was the opening day of the Berlin branch of the famous Madame Tussauds wax museum.

The presence of the waxwork, which depicted the Nazi dictator sitting at his desk in his bunker shortly before he committed suicide in 1945, in the new museum led to criticism in German media over recent weeks. But the museum's defenders argued Hitler's role in German history must not be ignored.

more ... Man beheads Hitler waxwork - CNN.com

:smoke:

Maybe he was in this play, and needed a prop:

Seems Camino was a scientist working in Germany during WWII. Along with other scientists, he was forced by Hitler to find a way to make him immortal. But the best they could come up with was to lop his head off, put in a jar, and hook it up to a machine, keeping the dictator alive indefinitely. To keep it a secret, the SS kill all the scientists who performed the surgery, but Camino, somehow, managed to survive to tell the tale.

http://www.badmovieplanet.com/3btheater/t/theysavedhitlersbrain.html

Crazy Man!

What did they expect?

Personally, I would have made the piece with Hitler handing a poison pill to his dog while putting the handgun in his mouth. I know that isn't what happened chronologically but it would have been humorous.

That or I would have him posed in one of his orations at his finest.

Maybe the guy just has a rug that needed chewing?

I don't get it. People think if they don't talk about something it didn't happen. Others, like this jackass, are so off-kilter in their extremism they think they can erase history by removing reference to it.

No, I don't think Hitler should be glorified, romanticized nor in any way made to appear as anything positive. However, he did define German politics and Germany for a decade and had an impact on both Germany and Europe that is still being felt today.

It's no wonder we never learn from our mistakes. Too many people try to pretend they never happened.

He also cried "Never again may there be war!" ("Nie wieder Krieg!") when he ripped off the head. Later, in prison, he told the police officers it all was just a bet he made after having some beer with his friend. Will be an expensive for him, though.

He also cried "Never again may there be war!" ("Nie wieder Krieg!") when he ripped off the head. Later, in prison, he told the police officers it all was just a bet he made after having some beer with his friend. Will be an expensive for him, though.

Did he get to keep the head to use as a door stop?

I don't think so :D But the Hitler figure was a great matter of importance in the newspapers even before he ripped the head off - to be honest, mainly in the yellow press, but still it was a grave matter. The whole discussion circles around the question: is it appropriate to show a statue of Hitler in Germany? The WWII and the Holocaust define much of the mentality of the people here.

Forum List

Back