Man Arrested in Own Home for Indecent Exposure

A Springfield, Va man was making coffee in his house at 5 AM this morning in the buff. A female passerby with her 7 year old son saw the man through his window and called the police.

Video: Man arrested for making coffee naked - UPI.com
It's fucking VA., God's country. :eek:

Fuckin moralistic asswipe with a kid walking by looking in windows? She should've been arrested for being a peeping jane.

SPRINGFIELD, Va., Oct. 20 (UPI) -- A Virginia man said..

"Yes, I wasn't wearing any clothes but I was alone, in my own home and just got out of bed. It was dark and I had no idea anyone was outside looking in at me," Williamson said.

Police said an unidentified woman who was walking with a 7-year-old boy spotted Williamson through a window and reported the scene to police. A Fairfax County Police spokesman said Williamson was arrested because investigators believe he wanted to be seen by the public.

However, Williamson, father of a 5-year-old girl, said that was not the case.

"I am a loving dad. Any of my friends and anyone knows that and there is not a chance on this planet I would ever, ever, ever do anything like that to a kid," he said.

5:30 in the morning, a women and her child were trespassing and looking in the window.

I wonder if these two are having some kind of feud and she did it for revenge.

Actually, according to Sara, the woman was a mind-reader and as she was walking by that morning, she intercepted the thoughts of the naked man in his kitchen and found out he was a child-molester and that is why she had to call the police.

Dontcha know that nudity is the bane of humankind?

:rofl:

Sorry ... I'm way too entertained by this thread.

Woman's own fault for looking in on the poor guy...

it_more_ram.jpg

Hey - get away from my window you damn kid!!!

What part of "OR" do you people not understand?

Damn dude, remember you're 3rd grade english and parse the sentence:
Intentional display or exposure, the emphasis is on intentional.

I'd argue he intentionally wore no clothes and he intentionally left the shades pulled up.

Ok, argue it all you want. The trick is proving it in a court of law (intentionally leaving the shades up). Hell dude I've accidentally done it a couple of times when my wife left the shades open and didn't tell me. The second thing I do after taking a leak is go to the kitchen and start the coffee, then I get dressed. I check every time now to make sure the shades are pulled. I'm sure he'll start doing that from now on. :lol:

5:30 in the morning, a women and her child were trespassing and looking in the window.

I wonder if these two are having some kind of feud and she did it for revenge.

methinks the man would've mentioned it if they did. Why are you reading into it? the police think he was trying to be noticed. moralistic anal cops

btw, Edzo is a law enforcement officer down there. go figure

Damn dude, remember you're 3rd grade english and parse the sentence:
Intentional display or exposure, the emphasis is on intentional.

I'd argue he intentionally wore no clothes and he intentionally left the shades pulled up.

Ok, argue it all you want. The trick is proving it in a court of law (intentionally leaving the shades up). Hell dude I've accidentally done it a couple of times when my wife left the shades open and didn't tell me. The second thing I do after taking a leak is go to the kitchen and start the coffee, then I get dressed. I check every time now to make sure the shades are pulled. I'm sure he'll start doing that from now on. :lol:
I did it just the other morning. I was staying the night at a friend's house and noticed halfway through my shower that the shades were not closed in his bathroom (third floor, back of the townhouse). His shower stall does not have frosted glass, either.

I decided to just finish up my shower as I didn't want to drip all over the floor to shut the shades.

That was in NoVA, too. :eek:

If you can be seen by the public then you are breaking the law. That's the law in Texas anyhow.

I believe he should have made sure that there was no way to be seen. How someone can feel that free, I really don't understand.

However, In Texas, at least in Dallas, you can walk around naked, even on the street, and if they cannot prove that your intent was sexual, there is no law violation. That happened a couple of weeks in Dallas.

I suppose the person might be a nudist, and just happen to have forgotten to close the curtain.

In any case, I don't feel that free at all.

I did it just the other morning. I was staying the night at a friend's house and noticed halfway through my shower that the shades were not closed in his bathroom (third floor, back of the townhouse). His shower stall does not have frosted glass, either.

I decided to just finish up my shower as I didn't want to drip all over the floor to shut the shades.

That was in NoVA, too. :eek:

You sick perverted bastard.

Don't the people have enough to worry about with all this swine flu death surrounding use without having to worry about your naked ass flashing unsuspecting mothers?

Cripes!

tribbles-woman-screaming.jpg

Fox reported that she and her son were walking across his property when they saw him. If this is true, they were trespassing. Someone mentioned a feud between neighbors and I think that may be very likely.

If you can be seen by the public then you are breaking the law. That's the law in Texas anyhow.

I believe he should have made sure that there was no way to be seen. How someone can feel that free, I really don't understand.

However, In Texas, at least in Dallas, you can walk around naked, even on the street, and if they cannot prove that your intent was sexual, there is no law violation. That happened a couple of weeks in Dallas.

I suppose the person might be a nudist, and just happen to have forgotten to close the curtain.

In any case, I don't feel that free at all.

I don't think one needs to be necessarily a nudist to feel free to walk around their own house or apartment butt-naked.

VA code:

§ 18.2-387. Indecent exposure.

Every person who intentionally makes an obscene display or exposure of his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where others are present, or procures another to so expose himself, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. No person shall be deemed to be in violation of this section for breastfeeding a child in any public place or any place where others are present.

I can't find the culpable mental states in VA statutory law, so they are probably ingrained in the common law.

As a comparison though, we can look at the Model Penal Code's. To what extent VA has adopted them, unknown, some states do though list Intentional instead of Knowingly/Purposely.

(11) "purposely" has the meaning specified in Section 2.02 and equivalent terms such as "with purpose," "designed" or "with design" have the same meaning;

(12) "intentionally" or "with intent" means purposely;

(13) "knowingly" has the meaning specified in Section 2.02 and equivalent terms such as "knowing" or "with knowledge" have the same meaning;

(14) "recklessly" has the meaning specified in Section 2.02 and equivalent terms such as "recklessness" or "with recklessness" have the same meaning;

(15) "negligently" has the meaning specified in Section 2.02 and equivalent terms such as "negligence"' or "with negligence" have the same meaning;

Also see; 2.02

Model Penal Code Selected Provisions

My states mens reas:

Lawriter - ORC - 2901.22 Degrees of culpability attached to mental states.

We have to look at the operative word INTENT! How does VA law define it. Without researching at a law library it may be hard to find online?

If we assume VA follows a general defintion, such as mine, and the MPC classifies INTENT as PURPOSELY:

(A) A person acts purposely when it is his specific intention to cause a certain result, or, when the gist of the offense is a prohibition against conduct of a certain nature, regardless of what the offender intends to accomplish thereby, it is his specific intention to engage in conduct of that nature.

We must also remember, charging a crime ONLY requires Probable cause to do so, not proof beyond a reasonable doubt!

IF the definition of Knowingly is not ingrained in the common law sufficiently, his attorney can proffer an argument.

Last edited:

When her and son 'cut across' his front yard? Peeping tom and trespass:

The naked truth? Woman's account exposes different story - wtop.com

The naked truth? Woman's account exposes different story
October 21, 2009 - 5:44pm

Eric Williamson, who grew up in Hawaii, plans to fight the charge. (Photo courtesy of Ch. 5) SPRINGFIELD, Va. - The woman who reported to police that a man in a Springfield home exposed himself to her and her son has a different story than what Eric Williamson has told to local media.
The woman told police it was 8:40 a.m. when she was walking her son to school along a path between houses. She said they first spotted Williamson naked in an open door in the car port of his home. Thus would be more difficult to see 'inside' as it would be light outside.

She also told police that Williamson then walked across the house to a large window, facing the way she was walking.

Williamson, 29, faces an indecent exposure charge after a passerby saw him in the buff in his own home making coffee.

Channel 5 reports the woman and 7-year-old boy who saw him naked apparently had cut through Williamson's front yard from a nearby path....

New Topics

Forum List

Back