Man Arrested in Own Home for Indecent Exposure

a woman with her seven year old isn't really interested in seeing him naked. He forced them to though. He should be fined maybe that will encourage him to put his shorts on or close the drapes.
It is close to guaranteed that this man is either a repeat sex offender, in which case he'll get a long prison stay, or (far far more likely) innocent of any malicious intent, at which point court precedents indicate he will receive a few months in jail and several years probation. Along with several thousand dollars in fines, court costs, attorney fees, etc.

A Springfield, Va man was making coffee in his house at 5 AM this morning in the buff. A female passerby with her 7 year old son saw the man through his window and called the police.

Video: Man arrested for making coffee naked - UPI.com

That is just stupid ... :smoke:

I'm hardly surprised though ... I remember being yelled at by a bunch of old Southern women in the women's locker room at a public swimming pool for getting naked before taking a shower (in GA, 'burbs of ATL) ... "Put some clothes on! Where do you think you are? Home?" (No, I thought I was in the land of the free ... never mind.)

You Americans crack me up with your nudity-phobia :rofl:

Last edited:
In order to prove indecent exposure it must be shown the act was intentional.

Source?

Seriously? If you walk past the changing rooms in a department store and see a little skin because the curtain wasn't quite pulled all the way, do you think the person inside just committed a crime?

Seriously I want to see the statute that says indecency must be an intentional act before it is illegal.

Bad comparison on your part.

Americans are afraid of their own sexuality. OMG, it's a naked man. Cover your eyes or you might see something you've never seen before, lmao. And please don't take that to mean that we should all be running in the streets naked. Just saying, this ain't no big deal, or at least it shouldn't be.

:lol: Believe me, it has nothing to do with sexuality or what I have or haven't seen before. These days, predators are everywhere and a woman with her seven year old isn't really interested in seeing him naked. He forced them to though. He should be fined maybe that will encourage him to put his shorts on or close the drapes.

He forced them to!!!!!????????????? How? By standing at the window with a gun in his hand yelling "look at me or else". :cuckoo:

Actually yes he did force them to see him naked. He probably is a predator.

I don't believe it was dark in there either.

My boyfriend throws a robe on, it isn't difficult. Spare your neighbors, you'd probably be surprised at how many people really don't want to see you naked. :lol:

I found the statute Ringel.

It states:

Indecent Exposure and Public Lewdness Statutes

"Intentional obscene display or exposure of person or private parts in public place or any place where others are present."

So yes he violated the law.

It states:

"Intentional obscene display or exposure of person or private parts in public place or any place where others are present."

In Texas, or nationwide?
See my post just before yours.

:lol: Believe me, it has nothing to do with sexuality or what I have or haven't seen before. These days, predators are everywhere and a woman with her seven year old isn't really interested in seeing him naked. He forced them to though. He should be fined maybe that will encourage him to put his shorts on or close the drapes.

He forced them to!!!!!????????????? How? By standing at the window with a gun in his hand yelling "look at me or else". :cuckoo:

Actually yes he did force them to see him naked. He probably is a predator.

I don't believe it was dark in there either.

My boyfriend throws a robe on, it isn't difficult. Spare your neighbors, you'd probably be surprised at how many people really don't want to see you naked. :lol:

That's a hell of a leap! Did you even read the story??????
Jeeze how uninformed can one person be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :cuckoo:

Americans are afraid of their own sexuality. OMG, it's a naked man. Cover your eyes or you might see something you've never seen before, lmao. And please don't take that to mean that we should all be running in the streets naked. Just saying, this ain't no big deal, or at least it shouldn't be.

Ever see that Robot Chicken episode where they did a spoof of Harry and the Hendersons?

By the way, us Americans are WAYYYYYY too uptight when it comes to nudity and sex. Shit......go over to the Med in the summertime, you'll see topless and naked chicks as well as those wearing suits.

As far as the mother calling it in? She shouldn't have, and, if he gets nailed for this, I hope he lawyers up and sues the bitch for invasion of privacy.

Don't peek in windows people. It ain't nice. And if you do, you deserve to see what you see.

It states:

in post 26 you say you don't believe that indecent exposure is required to be an intentional act.

In post 28, you clearly and correctly state that it must be an "intentional obscene display or exposure...."

Seems pretty clear that there needs to be at least some level of intent. Whether intent is proven by the act in this particular instance is something I can't answer because I don't know how those laws are construed where this man lives.

I do think the woman calling the police was a bit insane, though. I mean seriously....

Ignorance is no excuse. You just can't walk around like that without the drapes drawn. He could have thrown some boxers on.

Ha ha ha ... maybe then I should be fined too since I walk around my apartment naked all the motherfuckin' time, sometimes realizing that 'oops, I forgot to pull down the drapes again!'

But then - it's nobody's business to be staring at me through the windows of my own goddamn apartment in the first place.

Also, let's not forget it was at 5 in the morning - I don't know about him, but my brain doesn't even switch on yet at that ungodly hour - not to mention caring about whether or not the blinds are down. Wtf. :lol:

It states:

in post 26 you say you don't believe that indecent exposure is required to be an intentional act.

In post 28, you clearly and correctly state that it must be an "intentional obscene display or exposure...."

Seems pretty clear that there needs to be at least some level of intent. Whether intent is proven by the act in this particular instance is something I can't answer because I don't know how those laws are construed where this man lives.

I do think the woman calling the police was a bit insane, though. I mean seriously....

Key word is "or".

What if the man turns out to be a child predator and the woman failed to report the incident, then later learn that he child or another child fell victim to this man. Personally I'd rather err on the side of the childrens safety. Besides we don't know if he meant to be seen or not, doyou honestly believe a man that flashes people is going to admit it? Can you say "naive"?

It states:

In Texas, or nationwide?
See my post just before yours.

That was a Virgina Statute.

Source

The key word is the first word, intentional, hence it would not apply in this instance.

Ha ha ha ... maybe then I should be fined too since I walk around my apartment naked all the motherfuckin' time, sometimes realizing that 'oops, I forgot to pull down the drapes again!'

But then - it's nobody's business to be staring at me through the windows of my own goddamn apartment in the first place.

Also, let's not forget it was at 5 in the morning - I don't know about him, but my brain doesn't even switch on yet at that ungodly hour - not to mention caring about whether or not the blinds are down. Wtf. :lol:

I doubt your brain has ever been switched on.

Why are you trying to make this about you? You seem a little needy.

Forum List

Back